• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Grammy Awards 2010

Alec_

Years

The Grammy Awards 2010

First of all, What's Grammy Awards? The Grammy Awards (originally called the Gramophone Awards)or Grammys are presented annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United Statesfor outstanding achievements in the music industry. The awards ceremony features performances by prominent artists, and some of the awards of more popular interest are presented in a widely-viewed televised ceremony. Now the Grammy Awards 2010 or the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards will take place on January 31, 2010. CBS will broadcast the event, which will take place again at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Neil Young will be honored as the 2010 MusiCares Person of the Year on January 29, two days prior to the Grammy telecast.

Top 10 Artists with the most nominations

• Beyonce leads the nominees with 10 nominations
    • Taylor Swift with eight grammy nominations.
    • Black Eyed Peas, Max Well and Kanye West with six nominations.
    • Lady Gaga, Jay Z, David Guetta with five nominations.
    • Colbie Caillat, Kings of Leon, Bruce Springsteen, T-Pain, and Keith Urban each received four nominations.

P.S: A total of 109 awards will be presented at the Grammy Awards

Who will you vote for?

Now, If you ever had a chance to vote or If your really gonna vote. whom will you vote for?

All the nominees are listed at https://www.grammy.com/nominees with their specific categories. It's up to you If how many categories will vote for in.

And feel free to discuss and support the artists whom you voted for as long as It's still sticked with the whole topic.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Would be nice to know who all is expected to perform... I know GaGa is but I'm not sure about Beyonce (I think I heard she was but not for certain)

Alec_

Years
    Yeah, Gaga would perform. I wonder what will it'll be. :/. XD. But I'm sure it'll be entertaining once again. :D

Years
    The only thing I saw on the list that stood out to me was Imogen Heap's nomination for Best Pop Instrumental Performance. The rest are mostly artists I don't know or don't care about, with a few exceptions like Neil Young, U2 and others who I think are good and talented, but I whom I'm not in love with.

I had a giggle when I saw the category "Best Rock Or Rap Gospel Album." Now I'm curious.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    What's sad is that...
    Green Day has 3 nominations and in each category they're up against U2.
    There's still a chance though...
    No?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im sorry but I really don't get the whole craze with Taylor Swift. I mean, Carrie Underwood really blows her out the water with vocals, songwriting, and beauty. Its cases like these that are ridiculous to me. Don't get me wrong, T Swift is an amazing singer but quite boring and no more amazing than Katy Perry (which isn't saying much). I just think that Carrie Underwood has country right now but I guess when teens are in control of music and such, idiotic things are bound to happen. Good thing for Beyonce though. And GaGa, and BEP!

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Green Day is also performing I'm pretty sure. So that's why I'll be watching. :D Other than them, I don't mind who wins or performs.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, the only performance at this point that I care about is Lady GaGa, and possibly Beyonce. I really hope GaGa performs Bad Romance or even Speechless.

Years
    I'm not really too fussed by them. Let me get this straight - the people choose the winners by voting, right? Then it's a popularity contest and not based off any actual skill as a musician, so I'm not interested. That and none of the artists really appeal to me from that list you mentioned above (well Kings of Leon are nominated for their most recent album, which I didn't like, but their older stuff is okay). Overall I wouldn't really go out and pick one artist over the other because they had a Grammy Award. Honestly things like this really annoy me.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    They might win, Depends upon the voters and the judges. XD

Green Day get in the rock and roll hall of fame in 2014, so they're 'living legends'; at least that's what I would say..
    I'm hoping that they take all 3. ♥
    Green Day is also performing I'm pretty sure. So that's why I'll be watching. :D Other than them, I don't mind who wins or performs.

You're right about them performing. :D
    Their live performances always have something new~
    Gaga is also worth watching..

Alec_

Years
    @ rN Haza

Yeah same with me. I'm looking forward for this because I'm pretty sure that the performance of Lady Gaga will be a blow and scary hhaha :D~ XD
    I wonder what she'll sing, uh? I guess Poker Face since it's nominated in such categories. :)

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I hope she doesnt do Pokerface, I have seen her perform that way too much. Kind of like Beyonce performing Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) at every awards show. Lets hope for Bad Romance plz.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    @ rN Haza

Yeah same with me. I'm looking forward for this because I'm pretty sure that the performance of Lady Gaga will be a blow and scary hhaha :D~ XD
    I wonder what she'll sing, uh? I guess Poker Face since it's nominated in such categories. :)

That's most probably what's going to happen...
    Anyone willing to place a bet on that?

I don't really mind which song she performs, it the performance that's always worth watching. ♥
    Electrifying and bursting with energy...

Alec_

Years
    @ Christian.

Yeah, Indeed~ :D

I'd like her to win all the categories that she's nominated in! :), But I'm not expecting 5 of them, even 1 is fine~ :D

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Don't call me Christian. ._.

I just want to see Green Day dominate U2. :D
    They got over 'Kings of Leon', 'Fall Out Boy', and 'Coldplay', etc in the VMA's.

It's sad to see Beyonce as the lead. ;-;
    Gaga is much more talented in my opinion..

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    EVen though Beyonce is obviously more talented than Lady GaGa, even if she was, she would take the top so early off at the Grammys. But remember, Beyonce has the top spot for many reasons.

Years
    Im sorry but I really don't get the whole craze with Taylor Swift. I mean, Carrie Underwood really blows her out the water with vocals, songwriting, and beauty. Its cases like these that are ridiculous to me. Don't get me wrong, T Swift is an amazing singer but quite boring and no more amazing than Katy Perry (which isn't saying much). I just think that Carrie Underwood has country right now but I guess when teens are in control of music and such, idiotic things are bound to happen. Good thing for Beyonce though. And GaGa, and BEP!

Haha. Ha. What.

MGMT for whatever they're nominated in - only recently discovered them, but Kids and Time To Pretend are great tracks. Not entirely sure why Lady Overrated is nominated in Best Electronic/Dance Album, but never mind - Crystal Method's Divided By Night for that one. Pretty much everything else I either don't care for or dislike.

Was that really all 2009 had to offer? An awful year for music. 2010 can only be better. LCD Soundsystem, Gorillaz, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Röyksopp are all releasing new albums, and with any luck the Gaga woman will shut up and stop muddying the waters of electronic music.

Back