• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE GRAND SOLUTION for catching the 3 legendary dogs

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    I just found this out while playing PC today. If you lower Raikou, Entei, or Suicune's HP into the red, it will take at least 15+ Ultras to go in or it won't go in at all. But if you lower their HP into the mid-yellow, you might catch them on the first try. It took me only 1 for Raikou, 3 for Entei, and 1 for Suicune.

Has anybody else had this happen?

totomasta

umm i got nuthin
    Years
    i'm gonna try it on raikou that dumb thing wont stay in the ball no matter what i do so it wouldn't hurt to give this a shot.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    i bet it's just plain random. Every pokemon you catch is random. Lowering it's health improves your chances, using different types of poke balls also raises them.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I misssd out catching Entei, now I have to wait for deep cave or something.

Years
    Well tha lower their health tha more chances ya have ta catch 'em.
    Lol, it never happened ta me -- I always had a hard time chatchin' those guys, which is why I mainly use Master Balls. ^^;;

RaikouRider243

Lightning Swordsman
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 18, 2009
    Um, there is a Capture formula the game uses to determine the success rate of a capture.

C = ((((M x 4) - (H x 2) * R) / M) + S + 1) / 256

C is capture rate, M is opponent's max HP, H is their current HP, R is Rate
    of Capture (for most it's 45, legendaries it's 3), and S is Status. (5 for burn, poison, or
    paralyze, 10 for frozen or asleep) And multiply your rate of capture by your
    ball's power. Pok? Ball: 1, Great Ball: 1.5, Ultra Ball: 2, Net Ball (bug/water-type): 3. (Source: Serebii.net)

So Legendaries are literally 15 times harder to capture than ordinary Pok?mon. Lowering the opponent's HP makes it easier, but this is the reason why Chansey is so hard to capture: it has so much HP as to make capturing nearly impossible. The number you get will be your chance of capturing the Pok?mon...but there is a random factor in it too.

Zangooser

Lover of all Zagooses
    Years
    I caught them

Yes, that happened to me..................

I caught all 3 "dogs" and they all SUCKED!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    I was luckier I think. I had one pokemon left and they had entei at full hp. I was about to lose with one more attack so I threw an ultra ball and caught it. :)

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    well, I just use the Master ball glitch for Raikou but for the others I just lower their health down and pray that it catches them, it usually does in around 6 to 8 balls.
    But I agree with Zangooser and the skate board kid, they suck, they're the worst out of all the legendarys!

Years
    False, the Grand Solution is this.

False Ball Swipe

Any time you go to snag a pokemon, with the first move of the round, choose to throw the masterball at the poke. The second move go into the items screen, and change the position of the masterball in your inventory, I think you have to hit x to highlight it to move.

Then exit out of the screen, and do any move or use an item or call your pokemon, whatever.

The masterball will be thrown, the poke will be caught, but you will still have the masterball.

It's too bad you get the masterball so late in the game, it would have made life so much easier to catch all the pokes. But if you missed alot, like me, this is a great trick.

If you don't believe me, test it out, and see, if it doesn't work, don't save your game. But it'll work.

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    MurkrowLover said:
    False, the Grand Solution is this.

False Ball Swipe

Any time you go to snag a pokemon, with the first move of the round, choose to throw the masterball at the poke. The second move go into the items screen, and change the position of the masterball in your inventory, I think you have to hit x to highlight it to move.

Then exit out of the screen, and do any move or use an item or call your pokemon, whatever.

The masterball will be thrown, the poke will be caught, but you will still have the masterball.

It's too bad you get the masterball so late in the game, it would have made life so much easier to catch all the pokes. But if you missed alot, like me, this is a great trick.

If you don't believe me, test it out, and see, if it doesn't work, don't save your game. But it'll work.
    Yeah, that cheat is amazing. The writers made a glitch there, and, as usual, we must take advantage of glitches. ^_^ It will work on any Pokeball. Maybe other items, too?

CardsOfTheHeart

We fight with our heart!
    Years
    RaikouSpecialLover said:
    I just found this out while playing PC today. If you lower Raikou, Entei, or Suicune's HP into the red, it will take at least 15+ Ultras to go in or it won't go in at all. But if you lower their HP into the mid-yellow, you might catch them on the first try. It took me only 1 for Raikou, 3 for Entei, and 1 for Suicune.

Has anybody else had this happen?
    yup yup! i caught my entei with only 1 GREAT BALL. it was in the yellow and confused and i used it for kicks. i didn't think it'd actually work.

DarkKrystal

Master/Future Gym ******
    Years
    Use fastballs from Kurt. They're practically the only reason they're in the game, anyway. Other than to catch Abras.

Back