• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Great Debate:// Which has more potential as a FR/E/Something hack?

Which?

• Black Ink all the way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel Blue! Steel Blueeee!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Aaaagh, I can't decide! -dies-

• Neither, fool. Get out plz. Go back to your role play section or summat.

• Total voters
    Years
    All right. So, let's straighten this out.

I've spent much time plotting assorted things in order to keep my mind satisfied. Thus, I have two plots that I thought might make semi-interesting versions.
    Alas, irony would have it that I haven't done anything remotely related to hacking a day in my life (unless you count failed spriting on several occasions and the mass downloading and removal of things yesterday yesterday). However, should it come to it, I'm a willing student if someone is willing to show me the ropes. (I'm not completely slacking! I'm looking at one of the guides to scripting I found in one of the tools on this site. I'll learn somehow!)

Ach, I'm getting off topic. Here's my ideas. (Neither of which shall contain fakemon, if you don't mind.)

-lame banner will appear once I'm allowed to use links. |D-
    Pokemon Ink Black Version

Based off a rather old role play idea that died-ish. xD My friend asked me to bring it to the table again. The plot's a bit long, so to keep things nice and neat...

Spoiler:

Hmm. Probably could use a rewrite, but you get the idea.

Anyways. The player character would be a male or female of the usual age (Call it around 11-15) that became trapped within the world, forced to survive this far-too-real children's book it in all it's (somewhat frightening) quirks.

..And now you're gonna hate me.

What I had in mind mixed PMD with a classic Pokemon game. As in, the personality quiz at the start to decide one's starter, and the starter, whom would be following you around holding a vital role in whatever happens, much like the PMD partner. Said starter is NOT allowed to faint- otherwise, instant white out.
    The rest plays like a regular Pokemon game, with towns and gyms and the like.

A tall order to fill, for which I apologize. Feel free to throw something at me now.

Next...

-Yet again with the banner |D-
    Pokemon Steel Blue Version

A... thing... based in a downgraded Sinnoh of sorts in all it's glory with a bit of a twist to it, as I happen to like twist.
    Yes, there's another plot to endure with this. Once again, it will be conveniently crammed into spoiler form.

Spoiler:

Ta-daaah.

Still as much as a handful as the other plot with the whole partner bit and the time changes, but eh.

If you have any questions or comments, or just want to yell at me for being an idiot with my plots, feel free to drop me a line. Kinda sad I can't do this with visuals (or with my current skills in rom hacking...), but wutevah. I'LL FIGURE IT OUT SOMEHOW. >:C

Last edited:

aquadan

is searching for members
    Years
    Enough of the sinnoh on Gba, it really in furiatres me, would you play Ruby on GSC??

/rant

Its not that hard to find some tutorials and learn how to map/sprite/script.
    Advance map makes mapping really easy.

peace out.

cookie_lovr

Deh Clumsy Altruistic Activist
    Years
    Enough of the sinnoh on Gba, it really in furiatres me, would you play Ruby on GSC??

/rant

Its not that hard to find some tutorials and learn how to map/sprite/script.
    Advance map makes mapping really easy.

peace out.

Yea, the rant is true. It would be real unoriginal for another Sinnoh pokemons in GBA again... it just isn't the same.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday

Be careful what you say, someone is making an Emerald remake on Silver, and people actualy WANT to play this sort of thing.

Anyway, both have potential, the 2nd one about time travel is... Well, interesting. not just a D/P premake, but a new game... Well, maybe they both will do well, but I think I personally prefer the 1st story, as it sounds... Actually, rather unique.

Years
    Partially why I'm using an advance game and such is because it'd be far too difficult for someone of my skill level to use DS. Otherwise, I'd try that for it instead.

Though I quite value your opinions. C: Thank you.

Back