• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The GTS

*~Fireheart~*

ready for action!
Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I don't know if it annoys you, but it annoys me.

K, before I joined PokéCommunity, I would go on the GTS to look for Pearl Pokémon, since I didnt have Pearl and none of my siblings or friends did at the time.

So you go on the GTS, and you look for a simple Pokémon: a glameow. A few traders appear, offering their glameows. They all have simple ones, probably "freshly" caught. And what they want for the glameow is.... a mew.

OK. So I see where your getting at. You want a common, regular Pokémon for an event and legendary Pokémon? Uh... I don't think so.

This annoys me a lot! I looked at what the Bidoof listings were, just for fun. A bunch of people wanted a level 1 male Bidoof for a celebi, or ho-oh or mew! Gosh, if somebody wanted just a plain bidoof all you have to do is sit in the grass new Twinleaf Town!

Does this annoy you?

Kaseo

Cursed Being
    Years
  • Actually no. That kind of stuff actually makes it easier for me to get Pokemon difficult to obtain normally. Just need to clone some of my stuff and then...yup

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Those people are just asking for a hack. I once saw someone offering a Mewtwo for a Magikarp. :o I snatched it right up. People with insane offers are usually just looking for a pokemon with a different language, but i don't know why.

Xxrecxx101

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • a it does annoy me but wat i was thinkimg is that they are probly little 7-8 year olds who just want pkmn so i just trade them all hacks
    lmao ^^

Gimmy

Rotommmmmmmmmmmmmmnomnom.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    It is annoying, but if I look for the legendary pokemon they usually arn't asking that much at all for them compared to a stupid pokemon like bidoof. xD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Sometimes it does, but I barely go to the GTS. Also, I guess people do it because they want to see if someone will actually do the trade.

Years
  • What? You wany my level 17 zubat? Sure, for a level 100 Deoxsys lolololol.

Yes, it bugs me, too. When you can only see three offers, it clogs the GTS to the point of uselessness.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I was tempted to buy a new DS, Game, and AR just to make hacks and teach those pricks a lesson.

And even worse, Platinum made it harder to read what pokemon a person wanted (you can't see gender or level anymore), turning the GTS into a sore.

It's not all that bad though, as long as the said common pokemon is shiny/special/holding the Master Ball/Max PP/Sacred Ash, hey I'll trade my level 70 Kyogre for a level 16 shiny porygon... If I had one.

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Earlier today I was looking at Rampardos and I came across a shiny Gliscor that said it was a rampardos. It was just weird.

DCstrX

Collector
    Years
  • i wish they wouldve gotten more diverse with the gts.
    i mean they could have done so much more.
    ok i can handle the fact that you have to SEE a pokemon before you could ask for it. but i mean .
    come on. at least add more options like natures, or give a bigger range of people to trade with at once i mean u cab trade with 7 people only for a certain search.
    its all bs. they need to work on that MAJORLY

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well I guess people do it to see if people would actually trade them. It is worth a try.

It does get annoying at some points, but if I am in need I don't go to the GTS much.

Back