• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Guide Book.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    The next guide is Kanto and the Nat dex. And I bought the guide just because I felt that it would be nice to complete the Johto Dex before I went to Kanto (Of course I had to transfer the uncatchable legends)

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
    Years
  • Eh, I never buy guides. You know, there's something better about just catching stuff on your own, and completing the game normally that makes me feel better about myself.

Also, it's always fun to see what you missed after you finish the game.

GameFAQs anyone?

Tyros

Professor Walnut: Shiny Expert
    Years
  • I find it a little horrid that it's been cut in two. I mean, it's obvious that they just did it so they could sell two books instead of one. It's a bit of a cheap move. =/

Either way, what with the internet, and the fact that I remember Crystal well enough to know my way through Heart Gold pretty well, I don't plan on buying it. I won't need it. Especially if it's going to cost me two books to get the entire thing.

- Tyros

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • Um... Actually:

That was just Volume 1 of the guide. They have 2 Volumes, 1 Johto, 1 Kanto. I don't even have the guide book, but I know this. Look on the spine, it says "Volume One"

I just thought I should get that out so they don't feel like they've been scammed by Nintendo or anything. I don't know when the next volume is coming out, but as of right now they only have Volume 1.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • How many of you bought the guide book for the games, Why do you think, Kanto was left out of it?
    i bought the guide, it has helped me out quite a bit. and the reason kanto was left out is because its in volume two that hasnt been released yet, basically they were lazy and wanted more money :/

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • Um... Actually:

That was just Volume 1 of the guide. They have 2 Volumes, 1 Johto, 1 Kanto. I don't even have the guide book, but I know this. Look on the spine, it says "Volume One"

I just thought I should get that out so they don't feel like they've been scammed by Nintendo or anything. I don't know when the next volume is coming out, but as of right now they only have Volume 1.

Yeah but the fact is that Nintendo shouldn't be releasing two volumes at all, they should be releasing Johto and Kanto in one volume together, instead of make a book for each and make us pay the money. They laugh all the way to the bank, lol.

Years
  • Yeah but the fact is that Nintendo shouldn't be releasing two volumes at all, they should be releasing Johto and Kanto in one volume together, instead of make a book for each and make us pay the money. They laugh all the way to the bank, lol.

Twenty dollars each volume...
    I paid twenty for that Platinum monster book...

I looked at the book and LOL'd all the way out of Toys R Us.
    Would mostly have only purchased it for the maps anyway.

Years
  • I feel really duped on this book too. Not only does it have an incomplete pokedex; it doesn't even list which TM/HM each pokemon is compatible with!!! Also, it doesn't list all of the locations for each pokemon. It just tells the two most likely ways to get it.

I have never bought a game guide before, but had seen the one for Platinum and decided to get this. I am really disappointed with it, and I will ONLY buy volume 2 if it has a COMPLETE national dex with a list of TMs/HMs for each pokemon.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
  • You know what they'll probably do? After both versions are out, release a third, final, combined book, costing something more. That's my guess.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • You know what they'll probably do? After both versions are out, release a third, final, combined book, costing something more. That's my guess.

So far you guys have gotten exactly what we got... and we didn't get a third with everything, so I wouldn't count on it too much :(

NatureKeeper

It is not so good, and these guides aren't for experts. Only for Pokénewbies

And the Kanto will be released tommorow.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I don't get the guide simply because i'm a "Newbie" it's for keepsake.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • the only guide I've ever got was for emerald. I don't want to waste my money on it though. I can look it up online. Though when the 5 gen comes out I might get the guide for them, because it can be harder to find info on a game when it's just came out

Back