• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Halloween 2012 & Paranormal Discussion thread

Years
  • The Halloween 2012 & Paranormal Discussion thread

Halloween

Celebrate Halloween or any other sort of fall festival? What are your favorite Halloween traditions or myths? Any ghost stories to share? What are the best Halloween themed films you can think of? Trick or Treating, or no?

Also, do you believe in the supernatural, or in any sort of spiritual or occult practices associated with Halloween?

DISCUSS NOW

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Australian's are lame and don't really celebrate Halloween. There's the occasional party that gets thrown, but none of this trick or treating stuff. So unfair.

Years
  • Good movies. Bette Midler is genius in Hocus Pocus, I freakin LOVE that movie. Watch it a dozen times every Halloween.

HAHAHA! I forgot that film existed. Man, I use to watch that every Halloween, but I think I am a bit too old for it now! xD

I won't be celebrating Halloween, but I guess I could by watching some of my favourite horror films! >:3​

Years
  • Halloween is the best holiday. I live kinda near a graveyard and I'm tempted to go there on the 31st, but I know they're probably going to keep a lookout for kids since it's already known to be a place where highschoolers go to drink while skipping class.

Years
  • Not feeling guilty for eating insane amounts of candy and chocolate? Getting to dress up like a freak without feeling judged, getting to see others dress up like freaks. XD;

Good movies. Bette Midler is genius in Hocus Pocus, I freakin LOVE that movie. Watch it a dozen times every Halloween.

Good parties. Everyone always has the best parties around Halloween. Creepy decorations, cool music, gross-themed food.

Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios! :D Halloween-themed Disneyland.

This is such a cool holiday. <3

Hocus Pocus is pretty much the best Halloween movie ever.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
    Years
  • Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Yeah, I celebrate Halloween and as for the occult, I am a Thelemite so I practice all sorts of occult practices... none around Halloween though my next initiation in O.T.O. and my baptism/confirmation in Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica is happening just a few days before (we were trying to get the initiator here locally for Halloween initiations too, but we couldn't do it).

Though Midnight Resh sounds like a load of fun on Halloween. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • In New Jersey, we have this magazine called "Weird Jersey" (I heard there might be versions for other states now, not sure). It's filled with ghost stories and urban myths by people who send in letters, and pictures of just...odd/weird attractions in our state. I don't know how to explain it well. But a lot of the times, the writers will visit a "haunted" place and write an article about it as well as take bunches of pictures.

I don't believe in the paranormal...but some of the stuff still creeps me out. One of my favorite things to do around Halloween is, which is quite popular around here, is to go to a certain street at night and park at the bottom (it's a steep hill). If you turn off your lights, you start to roll backwards *uphill*. No joke. It's supposedly the ghost of the farmer who owned the land beside the road and he doesn't like people being there.

Years
  • Speaking of haunted places, one of these days I'm going to take the Halloween tour of the Winchester Mystery House, that crazy place that has stairs leading to nowhere and doors that open to nothing.

Years
  • In New Jersey, we have this magazine called "Weird Jersey" (I heard there might be versions for other states now, not sure). It's filled with ghost stories and urban myths by people who send in letters, and pictures of just...odd/weird attractions in our state. I don't know how to explain it well. But a lot of the times, the writers will visit a "haunted" place and write an article about it as well as take bunches of pictures.

I don't believe in the paranormal...but some of the stuff still creeps me out. One of my favorite things to do around Halloween is, which is quite popular around here, is to go to a certain street at night and park at the bottom (it's a steep hill). If you turn off your lights, you start to roll backwards *uphill*. No joke. It's supposedly the ghost of the farmer who owned the land beside the road and he doesn't like people being there.

At least in Jersey you have cool spooky places to go to. Camping trip in the Pine Barrens with the Jersey Devil! >:D

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
    Years
  • Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I wonder what O.T.O. bodies are going to be performing Liber XV on Halloween...

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Years
  • Speaking of haunted places, one of these days I'm going to take the Halloween tour of the Winchester Mystery House, that crazy place that has stairs leading to nowhere and doors that open to nothing.

That's a pretty creepy place if you've seen the inside and know the background of the Winchester family. Being haunted by the millions of people killed by Winchester rifles seems like a pretty cool horror movie to me. And of the course the stairways that lead to walls and the hidden doors to nowhere. Pretty cool stuff.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    In New Jersey, we have this magazine called "Weird Jersey" (I heard there might be versions for other states now, not sure). It's filled with ghost stories and urban myths by people who send in letters, and pictures of just...odd/weird attractions in our state. I don't know how to explain it well. But a lot of the times, the writers will visit a "haunted" place and write an article about it as well as take bunches of pictures.

Oh, I think I know what you're talking about! My dad had a book called "Weird NJ" and I'd always go straight to the paranormal section and read that because I love paranormal things, even if they do frighten me a bit afterward. There's something called the Devil's Tree somewhere in north Jersey, I believe? I've read little stories of weird things happening to people when they go there. I guess the tree is haunted the souls of slaves, if I recall correctly. It's pretty crazy, and if my friends ever come out here to visit, we plan on going to that tree.

Back