• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the herp club

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    yeagger said:
    its a club for herpers
    (reptile keepers)

Aw, every time I see something like this it reminds me of my adorable pet iguana that I used to have. ;_; I miss 'im so much! He was such a cool lizard!

So do we have to currently own a reptile/amphibian to join this herpetology club? I'd like to join, just to hear others' herp stories, but I don't know if I'll be acquiring another pet anytime soon, lol *looks around at the three dogs and two cats she currently lives with and shakes her head*.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Water dragons rock! But horned lizards are cool too (they're like the cheap alternative, lol). When we lived in Texas, we (my brother and I, along with the neighbor kids) used to catch horned lizards (we called 'em horny toads, lol) and race them. It was lots of fun. If we managed to keep our parents from finding out about them long enough to feed them a few times, it was even better. Our parents didn't like 'em because they could spit blood out their eyes and they often made a mess. Anyway, it was pretty cool. :)

I like green iguanas a lot, myself. I had one called Grizzly, and boy, was he a cool lizard! When I got him, he had to share the house with my two cats, and he let 'em know right away that they'd better not mess with him. He climbed up on top of one of the cats (while it was sleeping on the back of the couch, trying disgustedly to ignore him) and just pooped on top of her without a moment's hesitation. I just about wet my pants laughing as that poor cat leapt three feet into the air, yowling like a banshee. Grizzly landed neatly on one end of the couch, and the poor kitty took off out the pet door. We didn't see her again for a few hours. I couldn't help feeling sorry for her after that. :P Imagine being a cat and having to clean that stuff off of yourself. Yech!

But my favorite time with Grizzly was when I'd take him out for a walk on his leash, and he'd go Dandelion hunting. It was loads of fun. I actually spread dandelion seeds in our yard every year just for this activity. He'd lead me all around the yard while he stopped and ate every dandelion flower he could find. It was so cute! =3 We came across a toad one day and I thought I'd just about die laughing at what he did. He took off running towards it and nearly strangled himself when the leash pulled taut. He was going to attack that toad! He had to settle for hissing and bobbing his head at it tho. :P I wouldn't let him get too close to it for fear that he'd bite it and poison himself. Lol. He was pretty territorial, I guess. The males usually are.

Anyone else have some interesting stories to share? I just love 'em!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    lol my amadelo liz is evil (:>-) he bites and my lil fat tale gecko looks at are cats with his lil eyes and turns his head to look at the cats and looks at me like what the h*** is that??

Back