• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The History of your MAINs

burnthechavs

The best at being the worst...
    Years
    Hi, i just want to know what people use as there main, the one they level up/use the most? tell me what game, and what your main was, on one of my restarts, i had a lapras as my main, on gold, and on yellow, i have a primeape as my main

what about you lot?

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Depends on which game.

Red: Missingno. In all seriousness. Then again, I'm doing a challenge on that game, in which I go through the game with mostly a Missingno. Unfortunately, I've come to realize that it's just a Bulbasaur with Missingno's look and moveset, but I still don't mind.

Crystal: An Alakazam and a Poliwrath. I caught an Abra near Goldenrod City (sheer luck, of course), and it got me through most of the game as a Kadabra until I was ready to trade it between two of my games to get it to evolve into an Alakazam. The Poliwrath, meanwhile, I had caught early on in the game, and it helped me out a lot as a Poliwhirl until I could get my hands on a Water Stone.

Ruby: Gyarados. It started out as a level five Magikarp I had hatched on Fire Red and traded over, so it leveled quickly until it became one of the most powerful Pokemon on my team.

Fire Red: I managed to catch an Electabuzz in the Power Plant, just because I wanted to train it to see what it was like. Naturally, it helped me get through the rest of the game with no problem, pwning trainers left and right.

Sapphire: It's a tie between my Gardevoir and my Medicham. Partway through the game, I realized that my particular Kirlia that I had been raising since the beginning of the game didn't have the right nature that I needed, so I went back and hunted around near Oldale until I managed to catch the male Ralts that I quickly trained to be the keystone of my team (what with Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, and Psychic). Medicham, meanwhile, was put on my team on recommendation of a friend, and since, it's been my key physical force, getting the Pokemon that Gardevoir couldn't get.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    In Emerald, I have three main Pokémon; Dodrio, Swampert and Starmie.
    Apart from the Battle Pyramid and the Battle Pike, I use those three in every Battle Frontier facility.

Dodrio and Starmie are on my team because of nostalgic reasons. Dodrio was the strongest Pokémon on my first Pokémon Blue team, and the first Pokémon I ever used in a battle (I still remember when my friend let me play his Pokémon Red version and I trained his Dodrio, that was the first time I ever played a Pokémon game :3). As for Starmie, I have wubbed it since the R/B/Y times, not to mention that in Blue version (apart from a level 87 Alakazam) a level 78 Starmie was the strongest Pokémon I have ever trained.
    Those two Pokémon have just always been among my favourites, and I don't think that will ever change either.

And ever since I saw it, Swampert has been among my favourites, too. And it's strong and kawaii too ^_^

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    RED:Venusaur/Charizard/Blastiose
    GREEN:Venusaur/Blastiose/Charizard
    BLUE:Venusaur/Blastiose/Charizard
    YELLOW: Pikachu/Venusaur

GOLD:Typhlosion
    SILVER:Feraligatr
    CRYSTAL:Feraligatr/Meganium/Typhlosion

RUBY:Swampert/Blaziken/Sceptile/Mightyena/Chimecho
    SAPPHIRE:Swampert/Blaziken/Sceptile/Mightyena/Chimecho
    EMERALD:Swampert/Blaziken/Sceptile/Mightyena/Chimecho

FIRERED:Venusaur/Charizard/Blastiose
    LEAFGREEN:Venusaur/Charizard/Blastiose

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Usually my starter. In Red it was Venusaur and Pidgeot; Silver it was Lugia, Feraligatr and Pidgeot; Leaf green is Blastoise and Pidgeot. I've only just noticed I keep Pidgey's in my main party until the end of the game.

burnthechavs

The best at being the worst...
    Years
    Lol, queen boo, you don't venture much
    here's a history of my mains,
    Red:1st(time of playing), charizard, 2nd, fearow, 3rd(now), Garydos
    Yellow:1st, pikachu, 2nd, blastoise, 3rd(now) primeape
    Gold:1st, ferilagatr, 2nd, typhlosion, 3rd, pidgeot, 4th, lapras, 5th, fearow, 6th(now) ferilagatr

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Ever since my first Blue File, Fearow has been an active part in my team. It's tough to find good movesets for, especially in-game, but I love it too much to give up on.

Once I started Sapphire, I got my hands on a lowly Lotad. The prospect of a water/grass Pokemon made me happy, so I raised it up. Now, level 100 Lilly (the name fits, don't you agree?), is one of the corner stones on my team, even in Netbattle.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Blue/Yellow/Red: Since I started in blue I just traded Charizard back and forth.
    Crystal/Gold/Silver: I always kept Feraligator(sp?). He was my favorite pokemon ever.
    Ruby/Saphire: I always kept Sceptile. He is my favorite and was my VERY first out of all the pokemon I have ever had.
    Leaf Green/Fire Red: Venusaur, pretty much I've always kept that big ol guy.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    hmmm....

Red:Scyther
    Blue:Rapidash
    Silver:Lugia/Pidgeot/Tyrannitar
    Ruby:Salamence/Groudon/Kyogre
    Sapphire:n/a.....can't find it,so I don't emember.....
    FR:Zapdos/Charizard/Gyarados

how's that?...

kiarou

cold and silent
    Years
    red/blue/yellow: Arcanine, i had caught him as a growlith and pretty much over used him to lvl 77, then got a fire stone, changed him to arcanine and abused him even more untill lvl 96, then G/S/C came out
    Gold/silver/crystal: Afcanine again, after the R/B/Y he had be come my favorite pokemon, and i lvled him to 100 on crystal, 82 on gold, and 91 on silver, these 3 versions arcanine acted as my sweeper/STAB when i got him to 85+ cuz he can useually take 4-5 hits before getting in the yellow from the eleite 4, and during those turns i howl liek crazy, the extreme speed to there death :)
    ruby/sappire/emrald: donphon, with his earthquake, he could pretty much 1hko anyone, i got him to lvl 100 (even thought every pokemon besides him is lvl 30-40 ><)
    FR/LG: sorry , ive never played them, but id guess arcanine would be my main sweeper

DragonQueenRachel

Soul of Trinity, Dragon Queen
    Years
    In Emerald, my best pokemon is my Blaziken Apollo, trained him from a Torchic, and he's helped me defeat a lot of my opponents.

Usualy, I use Double Kick, an attack he's known since I evolved him into a Combusken, if the first hit fails, the secound one usualy takes out the enemy.

Back