• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] THE HOUNDS

Years
  • So, I lost my match today guys. :( Some tips on my team would be nice:
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-148477

Yeah, I made a lot of stupid mistakes. It wasn't the best team either. :(

I wasn't expecting Thunderbolt Ferrothorn, not that it made a huge difference. Somethings I noticed was night slash on Skarmory, as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of targets it hits for Skarm. Skarm likes to come in, lay hazards (unless defog) and take on some of the tier's big hitters, however it does not have amazing offenses so Brave Bird is generally the only move you'll see that is offensive. Some options I've heard of include Counter, Toxic along with its standard sets of Stealth rock/ Roost / Spikes | Whirlwind / offensive move here. That's not exactly an official set, just one that I've seen before. If Counter is used I'm sure there is another set for it though. So basically, hazards + roost + whirlwind/toxic + brave bird. Also, I wanted to ask what reasons you have Dark Pulse on Thundurus? Not criticizing your choice, just curious.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I wasn't expecting Thunderbolt Ferrothorn, not that it made a huge difference. Somethings I noticed was night slash on Skarmory, as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of targets it hits for Skarm. Skarm likes to come in, lay hazards (unless defog) and take on some of the tier's big hitters, however it does not have amazing offenses so Brave Bird is generally the only move you'll see that is offensive. Some options I've heard of include Counter, Toxic along with its standard sets of Stealth rock/ Roost / Spikes | Whirlwind / offensive move here. That's not exactly an official set, just one that I've seen before. If Counter is used I'm sure there is another set for it though. So basically, hazards + roost + whirlwind/toxic + brave bird. Also, I wanted to ask what reasons you have Dark Pulse on Thundurus? Not criticizing your choice, just curious.

Ah, thanks for the help with Skarmory. As for Dark Pulse, I kind of just randomly chose that move. I was testing out different stuff, to see how it worked. That was somewhat of an untested team, so the Pokemon weren't perfect. I probably should have used a team I knew I had better chances with.

Years
  • Ah, thanks for the help with Skarmory. As for Dark Pulse, I kind of just randomly chose that move. I was testing out different stuff, to see how it worked. That was somewhat of an untested team, so the Pokemon weren't perfect. I probably should have used a team I knew I had better chances with.

Oh okay, gotcha. Well, Dark Pulse is a decently cool move for smacking MegaMetagross and Mew, but I think depending on your set (was it Life Orb, offensive support, or something like that?) you might wanna be carrying some othe moves. So, if offesnive support I think Thunder Wave/Taunt/Thunderbolt | Volt switch / HP Ice | Psychic is generally preferred because otherwise things like mega Venusaur and Amoonguss and possibly AV Conkeldurr wall you (if not carrying psychic). HP Ice for things like Garchomp and Altaria. Paralyzing Mega metagross is huge so you don't always need dark pulse. Mew should be taunted all the time too so I think the main psychic types you hit aren't exactly things that want to take Thundurus on anyways. That's just my two cents however, I'm sure others may think differently

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Sorry for not being active lately, I've been very busy. I'll respond with some advice for those replays soon!

I've decided to vote for The Hounds, so it now has the most votes (excluding srinator since he isn't in this clan lol). "The Hounds" will be our new clan name from now on!

Also, here is our new room on the battle server. Bookmark "https://pokecommunity.psim.us/thehounds" on your browser so that it autojoins the room for you whenever you visit the server. We can use it for dumping resources, live chatting about stuff like team building, etc. I'll spruce it more later.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I just wanted to say that I haven't forgotten about you guys! I'm really sorry for the lack of activity. Been busy getting boned by life, working on a revitalization for PCL, preparing a big upcoming event, updating the battle server, etc. x(

I'll be more involved with helping you all soon.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Welcome to The Hounds, Altairis and Sector! :) Hope you enjoy your time here. The clan roster is now Altairis, Alpha King, Hopeless Masquerade, Nakasu, and Sector.

Now onto business, please PM me the teams that you guys plan to use for week 1. I'll provide some advice (if the team needs it) so that everyone is better prepared for the tournament. This isn't required by any means, but I'd like to make sure that we win!

ALSO, I'll reply to your replay soonish, Hopeless.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    So how active are the members of this team, because apart from wolf and myself I haven't really seen much? That, or I just don't know alts on the server.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    So how active are the members of this team, because apart from wolf and myself I haven't really seen much? That, or I just don't know alts on the server.

Not sure what timezone you're on, but I'm on at least 4 hours everyday after work and I see Nakasu on the server all the time. My alt isn't any different.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Not sure what timezone you're on, but I'm on at least 4 hours everyday after work and I see Nakasu on the server all the time. My alt isn't any different.

I guess I'm forgetting who's in the group. :/
    That, and the group's chat room is a ghost town.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I guess I'm forgetting who's in the group. :/
    That, and the group's chat room is a ghost town.

We have a chat room? I wasn't notified of this. Also I WAS getting a bit irritated that the communication was lacked among us. I literally had no communication with anyone and that's why I didn't have the time nor want the responsibility of doing so when I was Clan Head temporarily.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    We have a chat room? I wasn't notified of this. Also I WAS getting a bit irritated that the communication was lacked among us. I literally had no communication with anyone and that's why I didn't have the time nor want the responsibility of doing so when I was Clan Head temporarily.

All the clans do. Ours is the room called "The Hounds."
    Although we aren't the only ones not to use the rooms.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Yeah we do have a room. PMs are usually better until I add autojoin functionality to the clan rooms.

So, I lost my match today guys. :( Some tips on my team would be nice:
    https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-ou-148477

Yeah, I made a lot of stupid mistakes. It wasn't the best team either. :(
    Realllllly sorry for taking forever on this:

Spoiler:

If anyone else needs advice, don't be afraid to ask me! @Sector: I'll give some critique for your team soon.

Updated the OP with our current team members too.

Also planning to do a round-robin tournament for us to practice in.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Yeah we do have a room. PMs are usually better until I add autojoin functionality to the clan rooms.

Spoiler:

If anyone else needs advice, don't be afraid to ask me! @Sector: I'll give some critique for your team soon.

I'm honestly done with that stall team. It's originally supposed to be a "troll" team to be honest haha. I think I'll start using my other ones. Also during week one, we had half of our teammates not completing our matches. Do we need to act on that? I honestly don't like the idea of half of our team battling, while the other half isn't as committed or trying at all to get things done. I understand it's near finals or holiday time, but it only needs 30 minutes of their time to get this scheduled in.

Also Lost Heart, I think you should consider adding Roost to your Charizard and for future references, never, & I mean NEVER try to send pre-evolved Charizard in on Stealth Rock until you've taken care of Stealth Rock. It destroyed half of its HP, which murdered it for your opponent easily (Same goes for Volcarona & Talonflame if you plan to use them. Also listen to Wolf. He nailed it all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Spoiler:

Haha, it's no big deal. Thanks for the advice.

A small tournament would be nice. What time were you thinking of having it?

Back