• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Idealisms & Passions Of Youth

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    The title may be somewhat vague to some but it's more or less a straight forward concept.
    This is something that's been rolling around in my head for years, the views, the tastes, the ideas and concepts of our younger years.
    So the question I pose is; What are your idealisms and passions as a youth (or what were they)? What gives you your muse in which to press on and do the things you love? What are your views on the world, the universe or beyond? And so forth.
    It's a broad topic so do post your take on it no matter which way you've interpretated the questions, it's always interesting to hear many opinoins.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • Usually, youngsters are day dreamers. As we grow older, we have to stop being regardless and leave behind the hedonist impulses.

Well, as much as I'd like to believe that the world is a pretty place, I really can't. I just know too much about what really goes on. I kinda wish I didn't so that I had less things to worry about. The thing that keeps me going is the fact that I want to go to college/university because I know that it will be the time of life.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I used to think people were nice and friendly because they were good, not because they wanted e-popularity, I also used to think that Abnegation was cool. That wasn't really a childhood thing but, thought I'd share ('')b

Also props to the deep, undeeded title. Big words and phrases are a must to win over the e-hearts and minds of PC

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Childhood is the playground of imagination. As we grow older, we no longer wish to play there. We move on to more mature places, and leave our fairytales behind.

I love to hold on to my imagination, which is why, in some ways, I've not grown old at all.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Is this a nostalgia pit? That's pretty cruel.

When I was little, I believed in karma tenfold. The 'good guys always win' philosophy and bad guys get what they deserve. Sadly, I'm still realizing this isn't the case...and am wondering why I'm living so morally myself when those around me aren't. It's not like I really want to be like them, but they're having so much more 'fun'. The grass always looks greener on the other side though, so I can't be so sure how the other half lives or will live ten years from now.

Imagination wise, my imagination has only grown XD I have so many alternate realities and stories played in my head, to put them into books would take a year or two. They'd make good TV shows though. I hope they invent the brain projector soon!

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I used to live because life was fun and I enjoyed things. As I grew, life became more taxing, and I struggled to find meaning; this was especially hard since I was (and am) atheist, so I don't believe in any pre-determined meaning. It was a hard time, because I was rather lost and had no idea why I kept going. I thought a lot about it, though; it was, at the very least, an interesting concept: why did I choose to live? I eventually decided that in a world that lacks meaning, we are free to make our own, and I decided that enjoying myself was the obvious answer to making my own meaning; I bought heavily into the carpe diem line of thinking (I still do). However, I began thinking that it was sad that there are people who can't live in pursuit of their own goals, and decided that while I should keep trying to enjoy myself, it was important to help other people accomplish the sort of things they want to do. So that's why I do what I do.

Years
  • When you're young, you're naive. When you're older, you're jaded and cynical. When a person is younger, they aren't burdened by responsibility or the "real world." I guess, depending on what type of media a child watched during their childhood, they could possibly think that everything is "happy" and "good" until they face a more grim reality.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • We're awesome as kids. The world at our feet. Friendly and innocent towards everyone and everything. Then BAM, we "grow up" and realize how sucky our world is. How'd that happen, anyway? Or rather, why? Why can't we all just hug each other and move on? Why doesn't the world work that way?
    I suppose because if there weren't any "bad things" to freak out over this world would be a boring place. :o

Back