• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "If pokemon was" thread

Senji

Undercover
    Years
    Since pokemon came out as sort of an anime more for i should say ... younger viewers it isn't so popular compared to other anime such as the ones with much more violence and blood. But I've thought that if pokemon had came out as a totally different theme and mood and sort of the whole storyline.. (cant think of examples right now) :\ will it be an anime that everyone wants to watch? or with just the same regular viewers.
    I mean with all those different pokemon species and types along with basic themes of friendship and the "ill be there for u" stuff i think it can be something different and more efficient just with a different approach.

so... i really dunno if i expressed myself clearly on this but what are your thoughts? im sure u guys had lots of "what if"s on pokemon :D

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    I don't know about now but when it was created Pokemon was 'very' popular, heck it's still on the air now. I mean just go to something like that googlefight.com and compare Pokemon to other anime's and see how much Pokemon really is more popular then other anime's, lol. It all depends on how the product would turn out marketing wise, length genre so on... Pokemon was really well marketed around the world and if you were to cut it down like any good anime out there 26 episodes isn't much to work with so it would most likely get lost in the shuffle with the rest but I'm sure there would be lot less anti-pokemon fans.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Yes, Keitaro is right. Even that the Pok?mon Anime is for kids, it is way more popular than any other you want to compare. But, I feel like typing to day, so...

If Pok?mon was more of a shounen anime, they'd have to change the slogan. The plot would be something like the Mang?, just with some less Pok?mon+Human friendship, though. The Elite Four wanting to conquer the world, death, blood, Pok?mon attacking people, people attacking Pok?mon. Anyone remember that Episode when a giant Tentacruel attacked the city? Why couldn't the Kanto Region Army come and shoot him? o_o

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ....Way back in 1997-2001 EVERYTHING was Pokemon, and almost everyone liked it... so in a way what you're talking about did happen at one time... It'd be neat if it was still that way...

Back