• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Isshu Pokedex

Prince of the Sea

#1 Manaphy Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    As a guy who goes by the slogan, "Gotta catch 'em all", I spend much of my time browsing all the Pokemon data I have in my Pokedex. For this reason, I'm pretty much obsessed with the Pokedex, and all its features.

In Black and White, the encyclopedic gadget gets another ugprade. Here's the discussion topic for new features, entries, speculation, and so on.

(Apologies if something like this already exists!)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    What intrigues me is that Pokedexes seem to echo, at least in part, the appearance of the relevant consoles (Kanto Pokedex emulated the Game Boy, etc). Could we be getting an early peek at the 3DS design?

Prince of the Sea

#1 Manaphy Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    Well, if you want to compare...
    The Isshu Pokedex

The Isshu Pokedex

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    ^ Yes that's the real 3DS, and I agree they look nothing alike other than the analog stick and the buttons.

Hmm, I dunno..what are some things that the pokedex could have added to it or improved to make it more useful? I do know that I didn't really like HGSS's pokedex, but at least it didn't require as much scrolling down as DPPt's did.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Maybe that's what the 3DS looked like before the final version we have seen today. :P I mean, we can see with the red Pokedex that there are two screens, so... it's possible!

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Not Zorua apparently, considering it's now "event only" and forever will be due to Nintendo once again not caring about the fans, it will be impossible to complete the Pokedex legally

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    It's not a 3DS game, why would the Pokedex be designed to look like it?

Last edited:

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    The new Pokedex to me looks like a weird mashup of an iPod, a flip phone and a DS. It's not phenomenal, but it's alright.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Not Zorua apparently, considering it's now "event only" and forever will be due to Nintendo once again not caring about the fans, it will be impossible to complete the Pokedex legally
    Hopefully they will make it a wifi event.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Hopefully they will make it a wifi event.

to get Zorua ya need movie Celebi, and seeing as we do get the movie Pokemon now, we will be able to get Zorua legally, we just have to wait...

Also, I like the new Pokedex design, it looks....edgy and the way it packs up is nice too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022

to get Zorua ya need movie Celebi, and seeing as we do get the movie Pokemon now, we will be able to get Zorua legally, we just have to wait...

Also, I like the new Pokedex design, it looks....edgy and the way it packs up is nice too.

Celebi is for the HG/SS event. The three shiny legendary dogs are for Zorua/Zoroark.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    I don't really like how the new pokedex looks.. its all long... and gross and the colours are odd.

I think the pokedex should contain more information on the pokemon, instead of a sentence like "rattatatata love to chew things and are constantly chewing stuff" it should give us more detail on each pokemon, it would make us love them more :O (well me anyway)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Celebi is for the HG/SS event. The three shiny legendary dogs are for Zorua/Zoroark.

actually there's a special movie 13 Celebi that when traded to Black and White allows you to get Zorua.
    https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/zorua.shtml
    anyways, that's the event cleared up, back onto the Pokedex

I wonder what new features it has, judging by the screenshots on the official site, it seems we may be able to have the Pokedex stay on the bottom screen

Back