• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Klaczynski Open Tournament: Darkrai/Hydreigon/Virizion/Victini/Sableye

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
  • Yo, PC.
    So, there's this tournament that I'll be going to soon in Illinois called the Klaczynski Open. I just decided this over Worlds since I haven't qualified for :/ Anyways, the format will be NXD-PLB, so here's my list! And please, if you're going to the KO 2013, don't use this deck because you found it here. I hate it when people do that with my lists. Thanks!

Pokemon: 7 Normal Basic PKMN, 6 Pokemon-EX, 3 Evolved PKMN, Total: 16
    4-0-3 Hydreigon
    3 Darkrai-EX
    3 Sableye
    2 Virizion-EX
    1 Victini-EX

I/S/AS/S: 18 Items, 14 Supporters, 1 ACE SPEC, 0 Stadiums, Total: 33
    4 Rare Candy
    3 Dark Patch
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Max Potion
    2 Ultra Ball
    2 Level Ball
    2 Tool Scrapper
    1 Computer Search

3 N
    3 Colress
    4 Professor Juniper
    4 Skyla

Energy: 8 Basic Energy, 3 Special, Total: 11
    8 Darkness Energy
    3 Blend Energy GFPD (was that the right order? :) )

Important Combos/Cards:

Hydreigon/Darkrai-EX/Virizion-EX/(Max Potion)
    Darkrai gives free retreat to everyone on the field who has energy. Hydreigon can spread energy around at will, potentially giving everyone on the field free retreat (countering Catcher, stalling, etc). Also where Virizion comes in. Virizion is a card from Plasma Blast which blocks/removes all special conditions on Pokemon with energy (countering Accelgor, Hypnotoxic Laser, etc). Max Potion also works great with Hydreigon. When I move an energy away from a damaged Pokemon, I use Max Potion on it to get rid of all damage, and at the same time not discarding any energy. I then use Dark Trance once more to return the energy once more.

Victini-EX/All other Pokemon
    Victini's first attack (for one fire energy) searches the user's deck for 2 Basic energy and attaches them to the Benched Pokemon in any way I like (Woo, moar energy acceleration!). The second attack (One fire, two colorless) does fifty damage. If the defending Pokemon is a Pokemon-EX, it does 100! I love this because against the new Genesect/Virizion deck, it OHKO's EVERYTHING.

Sableye/Items
    Simple. Junk Hunt for setup/retrieval

Tool Scrapper
    Say Bye-Bye to Garbodor, G Booster, Float Stone, and Silver Mirror! #winning

Computer Search (over Dowsing Machine)
    Compy here gets things from the deck. Anything. Dowsing Machine gets only trainer cards back. Both come at the cost of discarding two cards from my hand. But... Why pay the price for one Trainer when I can Junk Hunt for 2, for free?

Pokemon Catcher
    I'm assuming you all know what this does ._. Most people say running 4 is a must. I say, Darkrai. 3 Catcher. Honestly guys, too many people are forgetting about Sableye!

Dark Patch
    Another form of energy acceleration. Gets Darkness Energy from the discard pile directly to your Benched Pokemon. This card is the reason Darkrai was priced at like $75 last year.

..........Also............

Should I run Victory Piece instead of Computer Search?
    Victory Piece lets Victini attack for free, but I am at risk of losing it to Tool Scrapper. And I don't want to blow another setup turn for that. But then again, who doesn't love free attacking?

Should I run Sigilyph instead of Victini?
    Hmm... Blocking-EX's and risk a OHKO by a non-EX, KO by spread or Laser? Or fast Energy accel/spread, Fast auto win against Genesect, and OHKO against water types and Lugia and lose an extra prize?

HELP!

Back