• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lati Fanclub!! v2.0

Who do you like more?

• Latias

Votes: 130 59.9%
  • Latios

Votes: 87 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
Years
  • i downloaded the heartgold rom and tried playing it on my flashcart but it freezes when i save. makes me sad so i can't hack myself a lati and make it follow me around :c

Oh you have the ROM? Sweet, how is it (besides the crashing-when-saving thing)? c:

How about you try playing a ROM on an emulator, that way you can just use savestates instead.

I'll probably just end up waiting till "Spring 2010" when they say it comes out in USA before I get it. :P

That's so so called pokemon contest in HG/SS? Nice.

Those sprites? They look like from the PMD's

Yeah, they are kinda. Though I think they'd need to be a little smaller than their PMD counterparts in order to fit on the gameworld tiles.

Yeah my Latias is

Timid, 252 SPD / 52 SP.DEF / 204 DEF I think, 2 wasted EV's :(

Dragon Pulse
    Thunderbolt
    Recover
    Safeguard

It's a decent set I suppose. Though I think it's "too" well-rounded for real competitive play. She doesn't specialize well in either sweeping or walling, though she's capable of doing moderately in both. I'm hoping to catch a second Latias in HG to use a more competitive moveset, and switch the two out depending on my mood. xD

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • And dude! Lusankya! That art is insane! I need to step it up!
    Ah, thanks :D It took me forever, so I'm glad you like it ^^'

I also remember looking at the Latias on deviantART. I agree with Gawain that the eyes are a tad smallish. But the lighting is incredibly dramatic and it has a great effect. One thing I might mention though (And I say this to everybody.), try not to shade with black or highlight with white. Especially with the Soul Dew here (which is really well drawn, I might add), I'd go with a more blue/green hue with the light. Though since she's in a black environment in this picture, black shading is okay for this case.

^^; Oh, okay. And thanks, I used your Soul Dew tutorial, actually, though I ended up modifying it a little (namely, adding more blocks of different colors and applying a heavier radial blur). And yeah, I see now that the eyes are a little too small, I'll be sure not to make that mistake again. And I tried to tint the light a little blue, but I guess it wasn't quite enough to be noticeable xD

Yeah, I'll be trying for a Timid again. And hopefully better IV's too. The Timid Latias that I stuck with has her highest IV's in ATK, but it took me a month of soft-resetting to get her, so I didn't want to look for another one. Dx This was on Sapphire too, so the game doesn't go into sleep mode when you close the DS. Since I basically had my DS on for one month straight, some of the pixels began to go a little wonky from being on so long. ¦D Thankfully, they reverted to their original state with time.

Since it's more accepted that a Soul Dew-less Latias can play in the OU-tier, I really hope to get a good one. Though without a Soul Dew, I'm kind of at a loss for what item to give her. Any ideas? Leftovers are already taken.

Yeah, I was going to go for SS because I also wanted to get Lugia earlier in the game, but oh well. :/ Latias and Kyogre are much more important. XD

Yeah I think she's really cool. :} You really should draw her more. >:]

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Oh you have the ROM? Sweet, how is it (besides the crashing-when-saving thing)? c:

How about you try playing a ROM on an emulator, that way you can just use savestates instead.

I'll probably just end up waiting till "Spring 2010" when they say it comes out in USA before I get it. :P

Yeah, they are kinda. Though I think they'd need to be a little smaller than their PMD counterparts in order to fit on the gameworld tiles.

Yeah my Latias is

Timid, 252 SPD / 52 SP.DEF / 204 DEF I think, 2 wasted EV's :(

Dragon Pulse
    Thunderbolt
    Recover
    Safeguard

It's a decent set I suppose. Though I think it's "too" well-rounded for real competitive play. She doesn't specialize well in either sweeping or walling, though she's capable of doing moderately in both. I'm hoping to catch a second Latias in HG to use a more competitive moveset, and switch the two out depending on my mood. xD

Ah, a nice support type eh? I guess you're giving her Leftovers? And that's for doubles too? How about teaching her Psychic for STAB?

If Latias could use Memento...

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • ^^; Oh, okay. And thanks, I used your Soul Dew tutorial, actually, though I ended up modifying it a little (namely, adding more blocks of different colors and applying a heavier radial blur). And yeah, I see now that the eyes are a little too small, I'll be sure not to make that mistake again. And I tried to tint the light a little blue, but I guess it wasn't quite enough to be noticeable xD

Wow, really? Because it looks so much better than the outcome of the tutorial. xD I imagine I could draw a much better one now than in that picture, but Volta has stopped wearing one around her neck so I never really needed to.

Ah, a nice support type eh? I guess you're giving her Leftovers? And that's for doubles too? How about teaching her Psychic for STAB?

If Latias could use Memento...

Well there's the problem. She can support and she can attack, but she's not too great in either. The Latias I catch in HG will be geared more for sweeping. I can't give Latias leftovers because the Skarmory on my team already uses one, and it's crucial to his strategy as a waller/staller. Psychic is unnecessary because Dragon Pulse already receives a STAB boost (and is resisted by far fewer types than psychic is). The type advantages that Psychic offers are not too many, and don't pose much of a problem for Dragon Pulse.

lol, I wouldn't want Latias to learn Memento! D: I'd rather not have her knock herself out. XD

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Hm. Whilst Thunderbolt can kill a lot of Water-types that poses a problem for dragons. That's a good reason. The only problem with that pool is Gengar and tank Ghosts, which is now in better shape than the R/S/E because Ghost type attacks are now mainly SpAs than Atk.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Hm. Whilst Thunderbolt can kill a lot of Water-types that poses a problem for dragons. That's a good reason. The only problem with that pool is Gengar and tank Ghosts, which is now in better shape than the R/S/E because Ghost type attacks are now mainly SpAs than Atk.

Well, I won't likely keep Latias in for long against a ghost. I have a Special Sweeper Lucario who can stack up decently against those. I'm also trying to get an Umbreon sometime to help as well.

Luster Purge is better... And oi! Are you a member? If you're not, then welcome!

But they both still suck. :P 5 PP is way too low.

And he isn't a member right now. Would you like to be one, zapdos926?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Well, I won't likely keep Latias in for long against a ghost. I have a Special Sweeper Lucario who can stack up decently against those. I'm also trying to get an Umbreon sometime to help as well.

But they both still suck. :P 5 PP is way too low.

And he isn't a member right now. Would you like to be one, zapdos926?

Aha! Umbreon with Curse set(Confuse Ray-Payback time aha) will surprise any Ghosties. Or Tyranitar? Since Crunch would be stabbed in the 4th gen.

LP and MB looks good in graphics.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Been a fair while since I last saw this.

Did anyone notice that the two Latis have been under review again along with Skymin and two others? Latios and Skymin have been again classified as Uber while Latias is more then likely to be OU again. Apprantly those three all make pretty good checks for the Chomp, but remove two of them, and it becauses a lot trickier.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Been a fair while since I last saw this.

Did anyone notice that the two Latis have been under review again along with Skymin and two others? Latios and Skymin have been again classified as Uber while Latias is more then likely to be OU again. Apprantly those three all make pretty good checks for the Chomp, but remove two of them, and it becauses a lot trickier.

Really? Care to link where they are under review? I can't imagine they'd be taking a second look at those three so quickly. How long has it been, a few months? I'm okay with where they are right now.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Here's the article that said that they were going to be tested: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue2/suspect_analysis2

And here we are with the current part, Garchomp:http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62400

This is the Dew-less options here still. Latios and Skymin were considered Uber by more then 2/3 of the voters, so they didn't need a revote. If Latias gets more then 50% on two votes, she's Uber, but once under, she'll still stay in the OU.

I think from What I'm seeing, Garchomp will stay Uber, while Manaphy will go down to OU joining Latias. Whoever thought that 20 points either way would make you uber?

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Here's the article that said that they were going to be tested: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue2/suspect_analysis2

And here we are with the current part, Garchomp:http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62400

This is the Dew-less options here still. Latios and Skymin were considered Uber by more then 2/3 of the voters, so they didn't need a revote. If Latias gets more then 50% on two votes, she's Uber, but once under, she'll still stay in the OU.

I think from What I'm seeing, Garchomp will stay Uber, while Manaphy will go down to OU joining Latias. Whoever thought that 20 points either way would make you uber?

Ah. Thanks for the links. Yeah, I did some brief reading just now. I think Latias is perfectly safe to stay in OU. Latios as we've seen, is already out. I'm surprised Garchomp is on the suspect again. I'm pretty sure it's been played so often that most of its counters are well-known and wide-spread. Well, at least we have more news to follow. XD Any comments? (Spring 2010 is taking too long to roll around. Where are the legit English copies already?! :I)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Comments you say?

Tier wise, I was kinda hoping that both Latis are reunited, I mean basically we're drawing a line between two similar Pokemon here, its just not right. Then again, at least Manaphy is going down, didn't seem right that Latias should go down while Manaphy stayed. Not that Manaphy is a bad Pokemon, its just I think Latias is better battle-wise. As for the Chomp, I think we can live with him down there, but with people's idea of saying you must be desperate to rely on prediction to win, I'm totally lost. Isn't prediction part of the metagame at least? Still, I don't have trouble with the Chomp, so that's just me.

HG/SS wise, the Engima crystal idea is an intresting idea that it was a Soul Dew, only something seemed to have happened to it, (Ruined Soul Dew?) We know that Latios is Golden and Latias is Silver. If you fail to capture it there and now, it'll want to play a game with you called "tag in the Kanto region" and you're it. This means at last that the Latis will finally be available for Gen 4 capture now with the loss of the GBA slot.

Pokethon wise, teamed up with Shaymin-S, (None of my other Pokemon for some reason seemed to have enough strength, The Latis them selves only with 2 stars) clean swept the whole lot and now have gold statues of them in the Hall of Fame.

Well, I hope that all Pokemon are going to be in the upcoming mini games in Rumble and the new PMDs.

From what I can see, you have to trade in a Lapras and a Vaporeon for a Phione, who in thier right mind would do that? Then again, I've seen a lot of weird trades for legendaries. Apparantly you can get a lot of the same Pokemon since you need at least 5 of one to evolve. Hopefully the Latis have got much lighter requirements.

I have next to no idea about the Mini PMDs, so can't help much there. Speaking of which, why do people keep refering to Sky as PMD 3 when quite clearly its the third game of the PMD 2 set. Did people call Yellow Pokemon 2?

I also think its time for a new Avatar, problem is, I don't know what to do there.

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Comments you say?

Tier wise, I was kinda hoping that both Latis are reunited, I mean basically we're drawing a line between two similar Pokemon here, its just not right. Then again, at least Manaphy is going down, didn't seem right that Latias should go down while Manaphy stayed. Not that Manaphy is a bad Pokemon, its just I think Latias is better battle-wise. As for the Chomp, I think we can live with him down there, but with people's idea of saying you must be desperate to rely on prediction to win, I'm totally lost. Isn't prediction part of the metagame at least? Still, I don't have trouble with the Chomp, so that's just me.

I kinda deny on your comment, since Latias is more defensive-wise than offensive. And a horrible deduction of 20 points in Sp.A does that, but a 20 more on defense. Latios can sweep and out speed(sometimes, in my experience) Chomp, much less Mence. Adding Soul Dew will make it unstoppable, whilst adding it to Latias will make it like Latios without the Dew.

And wow, I never thought Shaymin Sky forme is a Uber, although I never used that forme. I have used only the Land(thanks for my friend who glitched the game ^_^).

^ and you're welcome to join newbie.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I thought it was only Dewless Latias that was OU?

Sure she's still a bit chunky, but 110 Sp A is still worth a fair bit no matter how you look at it. Not to mention I can't remember the last time she's gone down easily. If anything, she becomes more of that essential part that gels everything together and can play any role, be it a killer or just there to sponge.

I'm sure Latias will still be OU, but that makes it an intresting note as pairs that have opposite Def and Att stats are usually of the same rank. Who ever thought 20 points relocated can make a huge differance?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • EV trained Latias for attacking is quite a different, although I rather use her a wall, while Latios can do the sweeping. And yeah, I'm quite annoyed with people using Latias as a wall, and the only thing that can easily penetrate Latias' defenses is my Snorlax with Curse/Crunch and Umbreon with Toxic and the CC.

20 points is really a good difference. ^_^

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I will join I guess. They are awesome. I have 10 aniv of both on my pearl.

Awesome! Welcome to the club!

I thought it was only Dewless Latias that was OU?

Sure she's still a bit chunky, but 110 Sp A is still worth a fair bit no matter how you look at it. Not to mention I can't remember the last time she's gone down easily. If anything, she becomes more of that essential part that gels everything together and can play any role, be it a killer or just there to sponge.

I'm sure Latias will still be OU, but that makes it an intresting note as pairs that have opposite Def and Att stats are usually of the same rank. Who ever thought 20 points relocated can make a huge differance?

I'm pretty sure it is still only Dew-less Latias that is OU. I'm still surprised that even Dew-less Latios was voted Uber that time. The difference really isn't that great. It's the ideal trade-off: Latios can dish out more hurt, but he can't take as many hits. It just seems bizarre that they're separated as they are. But yeah, I agree with you in that she seems to hold a very versatile place on my team that just can't be replaced by one OU Pokémon. Then again, that's one argument for deeming her Uber, no? o:

EV trained Latias for attacking is quite a different, although I rather use her a wall, while Latios can do the sweeping. And yeah, I'm quite annoyed with people using Latias as a wall, and the only thing that can easily penetrate Latias' defenses is my Snorlax with Curse/Crunch and Umbreon with Toxic and the CC.

20 points is really a good difference. ^_^

Yeah, both Pokémon are very similar. A Modest Latias with max SP.ATK can do some damage, especially when factoring in her excellent natural SP.DEF, which would either also have max EVs, or split with SPD. But speccing Latias for walling is alsovery powerful (if not more effecting than speccing her for sweeping). Her typing gives her a truckload of resistances/immunities. Her defensive capabilities are matched by very few, such as Cresselia, but she trades off a number of things (superior typing, offensive capability, speed, etc.) for just a higher DEF when compared to Latias.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back