• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legacy of Mt. Coronet OOC Thread

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
  • The Legacy of Mt. Coronet
    Hi! This is the OOC thread for the Legacy of Mt. Coronet roleplay (I shall provide the link to the RP thread once it is [hopefully] accepted!)​

I've posted all the information (backstory, plotline, sign-up sheets) here for you to look at.​

If you have any suggestions for the RP, any improvements or any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!​
    -Selena

General Rules:

1. No GM-ing or PP-ing -- you cannot make ll the decisions or have your pokemon land every single attack. That's just the way it goes.
    2. All PC rules apply
    3. PLEASE PLEASE write decent sized posts with accurate grammar and good literacy - I know that writer's block can hit us all and you can't produce War and Peace in all posts, but TRY. One-liners just will not suffice.
    4. If you must post any OOC comments here (keep it to the OOC discussion board as much as possible) then mark it clearly as an OOC comment.
    5. If you wish to leave the RP/will be gone for a prolonged period of time, please let me know in advance.
    6. have fun guys! :)
    History:

Spoiler:

Plot:

Spoiler:

Roleplay positions and Pokemon for the Human Council ( I will update as people post their SU sheets, so please don't be disheartened if you apply for the same role as someone else only to find it has already been taken - I will update as quickly as possible.

Spoiler:

Positions for Team Revolution:

Spoiler:

Sign-Up Sheet (Council elders):

Spoiler:

Sign-Up Sheet (Team Revolution):
    Spoiler:

Hopefully see you all in the RP! :)
    -Selena

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
    Years
  • I would like to reserve a spot please :) this looks promising! And it has Commanders and Generals too eh? xD

The cost was high, many lives were lost, and both humans and Pokémon lived in a constant state of suspicion, misery and fear. However, there came a time when both humans and Pokémon had had their fill of war, and desired to live in peace with each other once more.

When I read this i was like 'omg, continuation of my War RP?!' xD

lol joking. anyways, I've used 20 mins and i still haven't decided my legendary...hm...

20 mins later..

okay i'll pick Darkrai in the Sinnoh Region. :)

Last edited:

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    May I reserve a spot as well?

T_T I was going to add Hydreigon in my team, though I was a tad saddened when I realized my pokemon's levels couldn't exceed level 60(even though Hydreigon is a 2nd stage pokemon). Well, I guess I can't file a legitimate complaint, so I'll just stick with Zweilous for now.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Don't reserve a spot for me.

Last edited:

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Hey, Selena, is it ok if I do an introductory post, just so people get a feel for my overall RP style and functions?

SelenaStar

Years
  • @aura.lucario - ha!!! Not at all I like to think - it's more of a pokemon + humans vs. Team Revolution with a nice bit of legend and backstory :D (mainly because I wanted Arceus in there somewhere pahaha XD )

But anywhoos, yep, I've reserved Sinnoh and Darkrai for you.

@Townes: Yes, that isn't a problem. If you could put it on the main thread that'd be great - I think that's much more active than this thread.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Just to make sure, the commander in Team Revolution is like second-in-command-ish, right? I picked it because Commander Raymond sounds cool, not because I knew what position it was lol.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
  • This is cool. Can I do a International Police agent who takes an interest in the legends around the Council but not actually part of the Council, serving as somewhat of a mediator?

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Just doing my job as a fellow Team Revolution member. Plus Townes set me up, may as well make it a set-up train.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • HELLOOOO! Sorry it took so long! But here it is!

Name: Kyle

Region: Hoenn

Appearance: Kyle's height is about 6'1 and comes with a black metro haircut. Wears a dark blue spring jacket with a black T shirt underneath it, along with long gray jeans and gray sneakers. His eyes are a bright blue color. He keeps his hair brushed flat as often as he can and takes good care not to mess it up, not that he really cares if it does or not.

Personality: Kyle is usually laid back, lazy, and doesn't really believe alot of the legends told to him. He considers them boring stories and often does his old activities to completely ignore somebody when he is being reminded of the tales of old. He knows the story of the treaty that allowed Pokemon and humans to live together in harmony but found that to be ridiculous as well. He figured Pokemon and humans had a mind of their own to make that decision their selves, that it was the more logical way of doing things. High Council? Psshhh.

He usually keeps calm about many situations unless its extremely serious and will do his best to find the solution if he's feeling up to it. He simply does not like doing work of any sort. Battles on the other hand are like a drug to him. Despite training being a chore itself, its a fun chore that allows him to bond with his pokemon and understand them more for upcoming challenges. When in battle, he feels at peace and will refuse to hold back for any reason.

Even though he is a lazy slob, Kyle is still a nice guy to be around. Though he tends to make smart ass comments every so often when in disagreement, but nonetheless, He'll be nice as long as your nice to him.

History: Kyle in Fallabor Town. He didn't really like staying around there much and was eager to go out on a journey himself. Being a Farm community though, Mark found himself doing alot of work by himself with the assistance of a male Kirlia that he had owned. This Kirlia was more of a fighter then anything and was eager to become a Gallade, thus it wore a necklace with an everstone on it. In his teen years, Kyle parents often told him stories about Sinnoh, the Sevii islands, some council... Stories about a treaty between pokemon and humans. Kyle never listened to them though. He shrugged them off as boring stories that were most likely fairy tales.

Eventually Kyle head off to go on a small trip around Hoenn with his Kirlia. His parents felt that he needed this time to really see how the world is like away from home. Facing several battles with various trainers, accepting his wins and defeats, He came across a merchant that had come from the Sinnoh region. He had been selling the very stone needed to evolve his Kirlia, Ryder. Kyle willingly accepted the deal and successfully evolved his Kirlia into a Gallade. His win/lose ratio took a change for the better afterwards.

One day, Kyle encountered a Runaway Sableye that was in hiding. It wasn't owned by a trainer, but seemed mature enough to have been owned by one previously. It didn't show off any wild behavior or any signs of hostility but did follow Kyle around for quite a long time, often keeping out of sight. Eventually, Kyle took notice of this and offered a place in his team for the Sableye. It willingly accepted the offer and joined Kyle's little Party. The Sableye was named Snype.

Kyle eventually returned from his trip, facing several battles but not challenging the gyms. He wasn't interested in going for the fame of being a champion. One night though he had a dream... A cheerful voice was talking to him.

"Hey! You! Whatcha dooooiinnn?" It asked.

"Trying to have a dream. The heck are you supposed to be?" Kyle asked the figure.

"Aw comon you don't know me? I figured your folks must have mentioned little ol me in their stories!" It responded.

"...Nope. Don't think they described you." Kyle replied back. The figure revealed itself to be a Pokemon speaking to him telepathically. Kyle then woke up and noticed an extremely unfamiliar pokemon was standing on his bed. It had big bright blue eyes, and seemed like some Red... animal thing... he wasn't sure how to describe it but it was out of the ordinary.

"Victini! Pleased to meetcha! I'm known as the victory pokemon to most folk. Anyways, We need your help. Have you heard of Team revolution?" Victini asked. Kyle shrugged. "Must not have made it up here yet... Team revolution is a group of people that are trying to separate Pokemon and Humans in an extremely violent fashion! They're killed innocent pokemon, taken humans to various camps around the world, So many indescribable stuff! You are to be a part of the council and keep the treaty in order.."

While kyle didn't understand everything, This Team revolution buisness sounded serious. He didn't believe much in the whole council junk but he was willing to stop Team Revolution. This group was obviously up to no good at all. Mark willingly accepted to go along with Victini.

Pokemon:

Victini: Level 60
    Victini is more of a guardian to Kyle then anything and will not battle unless needed to. It is willing to help in various situations though due to its ability to produce infinite energy however will not take kindly to this ability being abused. Victini is an extremely cheerful and cocky pokemon and enjoys having conversation with other kinds of Pokemon. Even with such important stats as a legendary, It loves to pull pranks using its many abilities, such as turning invisible and being able to fly with its wing like tails.
    Moves:V-Create, Zen Headbutt, Reversal, Protect

Sableye (Snype) : Level 48
    One of Kyle's closest partners. He's owned a Sableye for about as long as he could remember. It dosn't have the strength of his other pokemon but his cunning and wit makes him very hard to touch. In battle he's unpredictable and often dosn't need Kyle to tell him what moves to do in order to win. Funny enough, He gets along with Victini very well.
    Moves: Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Detect, Power Gem

Gallade (Ryder): Level 50
    The more mature one all of Mark's Pokemon. He'll usually try to calme down Snype and victini when they get out of hand. He gets along with Snype fine but often dosn't approve of alot of his actions. Gallade is often the voice of reason. He's owned this pokemon ever since it was a Ralts.
    Moves: Psycho Cut, Teleport, Leaf Blade, Brick Break
    -----

I shall make my appearence on your mark Selena!

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Years
  • Baaaa bad Sel!! I totally forgot about this ooc thread....ummm right.

@Fenris - that sounds really cool - could you please put together an su for me so I can figure if the character would work? I don't see a problem with it at this stage :)

@raikiri - I agree, Commander Raymond does sound mondo cool! I envisaged the set up that way, but however you team revolution guys want to work it - you have pretty much full plotline/organisational autonomy in this rp as far as I am concerned!!! :)

@megaman - on your marks...get set...go!!! :) (basically...post your opener as soon as you can pahahaha)

SelenaStar

Years
  • Hi all!

So, I was thinking that the RP seems to have stalled somewhat, so I figured as GM I'd have a think and put together some possible directions.

I think part of the problem - a major part for myself, as I identified - is that the Pokemon Council hasn't really had much of a chance to do any kind of exploration of themselves. As soon as they met they were launched into a battle - which was a fantastic way to start the RP, but it did seem to bring everything to an abrupt end when the battle was over. I'd like to leave Team Revolution to Townes, Raikiri and CyBeastSaber largely, but I think that we need to work out plot points together in the OOC thread more than just working out our own ideas, posting them in the IC thread and then working it out from there.

So! Let's begin! :)

For the Pokemon Council, I was thinking:
    We leave Spear Pillar after it has been stabilised by Regigigas. Needing to work out our roles both inside the Council and of the Council as a whole in the world, we need to find somewhere within Sinnoh where we can meet - public enough so that TR can't launch an attack in broad daylight, but removed enough so we aren't questioned or overheard too much.

If we try a major city first - for example Oreburgh - then we could hear about the News Report - this is also a major point for us to consider when we talk. We could also overhear some more rumours about pokemon/human fights breaking out quite randomly without any apparent provokation - it could turn out that this is as a result of the news report, a typical move used by Team Revolution to sew conflict between Pokemon and Humans.

The Council now needs to figure out a strategy to deal with this, whilst also remaining relatively underground until they can turn the tide in their favour so they are not attacked by people who have heard the inflammatory news reports.

That's a general idea I've had...any expansions? TR interventions? I think the Council does need some time free from TR though to just lay the foundations.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • I think the problem is that we seem to have lost most of the council. I've been waiting for someone else to post about my idea of infultrating TR, but no one else has gotten to it yet. And I like the sound of those ideas. They sound like fun things to deal with.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Since Townes has been out for a while, I have taken control (obviously) and had not planned to make a direct attack at you guys for a while so go ahead and do that. I actually wanted you guys to hear the report as I thought it would get you guys going while also building drama.

SelenaStar

Years
  • @nideous - I know we lost aura Lucario but I don't know
    Where others have gotten to - I will send out some PMs/VMs and get chasing.

Back