• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Legend of the 4 Marks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurai Osoro

The DarkFire Hacker
    Years
    You know. Those 4 marks that you can use on your pokemon in the PC. Circle, Square, Triangle, and Heart. What are they and what do they mean?! Some kind of alien code maybe? The legend between my friends and I is that the marks represent certain stats and they affect how much your pokemon gains for those stats. Circle is Attack and Sp. Attack, Square is Defense and Sp. Defense, Triangle is Speed and Evasion, and Heart is HP and Accuracy. Then again, it's just a theory. Anyone really know?

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    I think those are for keeping track of specific pokemon, for specific roles that the owner of the game can decide. For example: If you wanted to mark all the pokemon you need to evolve, or all the ones you use on your team, or all the ones you want to breed, ect.. I would be supprized if they had any affect on the game, though it would be cool.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    No effect on the games whatsoever. RSE, FRLG and Colosseum use them (I think FRLG, although I haven't played it in ages), and they're used solely to mark specific Pokemon, like if you have duplicate Pokemon that you want to breed and whatnot. ^_^

Case closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back