• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda Fan Club V 2.0

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • So....you were upset with the Wii because you're only interested in one game (Zelda), so you were going to sell it so you can buy a PS3 where you'll be only interested in one game (LittleBigPlanet)?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Sounds like me but I want to buy a PS3 for over 30 different reasons(games).Anyway...
    I want a TP manga just for true minda in art form.
    The next Wii Zelda I can see out by 2011 in spring if not christmas 10. If later then I would be okay just because 2010 with Metroid, Mario, and Zelda all together would cause the universe to explode and by 2011 I can get a new Wii.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • So....you were upset with the Wii because you're only interested in one game (Zelda), so you were going to sell it so you can buy a PS3 where you'll be only interested in one game (LittleBigPlanet)?

Well the Wii doesn't have much else to offer. >.< Metroid could be good, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't get that aiming thing down! I hate it. xD

LittleBigPlanet is just the main reason I want the PS3. There's definitely other games (Heavy Rain, Resistance, ModNation Racers) that I'd want, just LBP seems like it would never lose my attention. Most people don't know this about me (cept my closer friends who played all my Halo 3 Forge maps) but I love creating levels so much in games. Halo kept me going for almost 2 years and all I ever did was Forge. And if you've seen LBP's creation setup, that thing could keep me entertained for even longer. ;D

Yeah, back on topic now: So Zelda is the Wii's saving grace for me. When I said it was for the DS earlier, it really isn't. >.< It's both that AND pokemon...and I really don't know how that slipped my mind when we're on PC. xD

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • I keep my Wii because all the cool Nintendo games and the ones soon to come. I'd only buy a PS3 for MGS 4. LittleBigPlanet is cool, but I like MGS more. I don't know if I'd ever sell my Wii.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Right now the Wii is the best console out of the 3 being the damn originator and not a follower. But the topic is Zelda. Gamescon better have new spirit track info I'm dying here. I want more linkiana jones action with that whip of his and how 100 years ahead of phantom hourglass affects the game plotwise.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Can I join? I love Zelda games.

Is eveyone looking forward to Spirit Tracks? I am, because I think Link looks really cuddly in his conductor outfit. I want a plushie of him dressed like that.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • Right now the Wii is the best console out of the 3 being the damn originator and not a follower. But the topic is Zelda. Gamescon better have new spirit track info I'm dying here. I want more linkiana jones action with that whip of his and how 100 years ahead of phantom hourglass affects the game plotwise.

Agreed. I want more info too. LOL @ Linkiana Jones. Thats cute.

Welcome to the club Jolene!

.Aero

Years
  • Can I join? I love Zelda games.

Is eveyone looking forward to Spirit Tracks? I am, because I think Link looks really cuddly in his conductor outfit. I want a plushie of him dressed like that.

Welcome. ^^ And yes, he looks rather adorable in that outfit I must say. xD

Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for the game...but do any of you find the fact that the game is centered around a train to be kind of...gimmicky? I mean it'll probably be loads of fun an all...but it just seems like they're working off of vehicles to keep the DS series afloat (no pun intended Prince of Red Lions. xD)

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I actually like that Nintendo isn't revealing much info about Spirit Tracks, because that way it will be more exciting to actually play through it.

I think that lots of games end up being not as fun as they could have been because the developers give away too many spoilers, like with Super Smash Bros Brawl. I think that Game Freak is revealing too much about Pokemon HG/SS as well.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • I like it when the reveal stuff TBH. Maybe its just me, but it lets me decide if the game is worth purchasing.

And I also like the train idea. Its so cute. ;3;

Lo-chan

Seme Dara will get you :o
    Years
  • Spirit Tracks looks cute and all, but I'm looking more forward to that other Zelda game that has an older and more detailed Link (does that game even have a name? The one where everyone thinks the girl is a sword or something). I just hope that game will be for the Wii or something, I'd hate to go out and buy another new game counsel.

Vanilla Kitsune

Bloody git
    Years
  • The only thing revealed about the new game is an image leaked out onto the internet. Other than that, nothing else is available. The new one is gonna take a while, so I'm happy with Spirit Tracks for now.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • We know of the image. That Motion Plus is almost a guarantee. That it shouldn't look too different from TP (dunno if that means the same graphics, or the same style with better graphics). At some point early in development a first person view was considered. It's been in development since before TP was released.

I think that's everything. A whole lot of nothing XD

.Aero

Years
  • Please no first person view. >.< I hate it when developers do that.

They find that a genre is doing well currently (FPS's right now) and then they try to implement some of the ideas into the game itself...and it just doesn't work (most of the time). It fails miserably and loads of people are disappointed. I know there's an example of this...I just can't remember it at the moment, and I'll come back and share once I do. xD

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I can't imagine a Zelda game that "fails miserably" though. Nintendo just wouldn't let it happen, I think.

.Aero

Years
  • I can't imagine a Zelda game that "fails miserably" though. Nintendo just wouldn't let it happen, I think.

I don't think they would either...but the chances of the developer being blinded by "new ideas" could be likely. Even if the ideas suck, the fresh and new feel to it may make them throw the game out onto shelves.

I don't think this will happen with the series (and I really hope it doesn't) and I don't see why they would do such a thing...hasn't there been a saying that applies to Zelda so well that it seems like the game itself invented the saying?

"Why fix what isn't broken?" - Usually people complain how it goes: Forest/Fire/Water/ect...but it always works and is always fun...so why would they go and turn this into a first person game if the 3rd Person view worked wonders? It just doesn't seem like it would actually work as a first person game...at all. Seeing behind you is so handy sometimes in both battling and platforming.

So I don't see a FP Zelda game anytime soon. (FP bow aiming is fine...just don't make the whole game like that)

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I bought Wii Sports Resort last week and I think it would be fun if swordfighting was like that.

Also, do you have a favorite Link? Mine is the Wind Waker Link because he looks out for his sister.

Back