• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
  • Seeing as though I haven't seen a single thread, might as well start one. =p

Well sweeties, I've recently beaten Skyward Sword, and it's the best Wii Zelda game ever. =p It clearly surpasses Twilight Princess. As for Wind Waker, Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, I can't say for nostalgia/new game effect always alters my opinion. I'm afraid to say it's the best Zelda game ever. The story was nice and I loved the cut scenes in the game. They were really well executed. I even cried in some of the cut scenes. I admit though, it gets frustrating when the game interprets a move improperly. Over all it was a great and enjoyable game.

That being said has anybody played it yet? What are your thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2012
    I've been sticking with Zelda from the start, been playing for ages, Decided Skyward sword wasn't worth my time. Was with my girlfriend at Gamestop, looking at anything worth buying and I decided to try out the wii demo. My god I never had so much fun. I had to buy it right there, that moment. Picked it up, picked up two wireless Sensor bars, made the best set up for the game played for HOURS! I think I got a good 16 hours in nonstop playing, lol. I just reached the Waterfall temple, going to hold off for a bit because of my work schedule, but my god, best Zelda game since Wind Waker.

Princess Sammi

Classic Pokéfan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2012
    I love SS. :D I even bought the collector's edition versions of the game and guide!

Haven't had much time to play due to work constraints, but I'm in the Skyview Temple at the moment.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I just finished Skyward Sword. I don't think it's the best Zelda game. It does a lot of things well, if not better than the other entries in the series. I hope to see these changes in future titles as well. But, I like the dungeons of other games more (really, the main draw of Zelda games for me at this point. I'm done with the timeline nonsense). And it felt a little bland and boring at time with the lack of villages and other locales to visit.

I'm going to be playing through all the Zelda games this year (and possibly Metroid, and maybe Sonic. All the series that had anniversaries last year that I neglected XD). So, as I progress through the series again I should be able to make a better judgement of what I think if the best.

But, at the moment, I'm thinking... MM and TP are for sure better than SS. OoT, maybe. Might just be nostalgia. SS is for sure better than TWW. With the 2D games... you can't really compare.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I finished SS some time ago, and I loved it. I especially enjoyed my time in the Lanayru Desert. It was AMAZING. The music, the puzzles, the dungeons and the cutesy little robots... everything. I never wanted to leave, really! =D It was worth the wait, but whether ot not SS is the BEST ZELDA GAME EVAR!!!11!1! is debatable, for me.

To be honest, when I really have to think of just one best Zelda game ever, I really can't choose. I always pick a random one out of OoT, MM, TP, WW and SS. The handheld Zelda stuff is great, but the console releases are... breathtakingly good. Right now, I'll say TP. It'll probably change next month.

Back