• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The little things:

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
    Years
    Hey guys, curious to see what little things that you've noticed in X and Y that you've taken a (dis)liking to!
    Personally, I really happen to like the critical capture that happens from time to time (thanks for clearing that up for me the other day guys) and I also really like the ability to rub my Greninja's head when the battle is over <3
    There isn't anything I've found that I dislike - hopefully it will stay that way! :)

Thanks for your time,
    Ciel

Years
    I would rather them have chopped lumiose in half and gave us a couple post game towns or caves with all that storage half of that stuff is taking up.
    Wish it was easier to go into a gts negotiations type of trade. Every time I offer to trade with someone ( non gts storage and search ) I am waiting for about 10 minutes and still nothing happens.
    I have my whole team max affection in amie and now the fight/run/bag/pkmn interface lags on start up BC they look back at me at the beginning of battles and is slightly annoying when in the wild.
    I also dislike klefki
    Other than that I think this is the best title yet.
    Those small dislikes don't even compare to how great this game is.
    At first I was like OK... no one knows what team flares goal is? And it felt kind of weird not knowing what was going on but then I thought about and was like OK... if I was a teenager and learned these guys ive been having trouble with were planning to wipe put humanity with a ancient weapon is probably run from them every chance I got.
    So in hindsight I really enjoyed the mystery leading up to that.
    3d models are awesome.
    EV training with hordes is the bees knees. Way better than super training IMO but I keep the s.t. interface up while I horde EV so I can kinda monitor the progress. Love that
    Berry fields is an amazing place.
    If the time is spent throughout the story on your berry fields + the juice shop knowledge and horde hot spots man everything you will need to EV post game for competitive play is right there. Its great.
    And probably the biggest nugget for me is the customization. I hope we get dlc for the boutiques and haircuts in the future but I still enjoy it so much as it is.

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
    Years
    Pokemon amie.
    Have you even played X or Y?

You can do it in battle too! <3 I love doing it! When your opponent faints your can rub your pokemons head (I think you need a certain amount of Affection though) But yeah, :)

wait, how do you rub your pokemon's head? lol

In battle, when the opponent faints you tap/rub the touch screen and it rubs your pokemon's head - I think you need a certain amount of affection though :)
    You can tell when to do it cause your pokemon looks back at you when the pokemon faints!
    It doesn't always work though :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    @ Chotix Thank you, Captain Obvious! /salute

@ CitrusLinx thanks! I was asking about that! :)

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
    Years
    My biggest dislike, aside from how easy the game is, is the censorship. I couldn't even nickname my Chespin "Spike." It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. It's not like kids don't swear.

If the big wigs are really so concerned about vulgarity, then just prevent Pokemon with vulgar names from being traded (although they would need to add exceptions for actual Pokemon names that happen to contain inappropriate words in other languages). There's absolutely no reason to censor names in-game. Also, they could allow trainers to rename traded Pokemon.

AniRain

Goddess of Storms
    Years
    My biggest dislike, aside from how easy the game is, is the censorship. I couldn't even nickname my Chespin "Spike." It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. It's not like kids don't swear.

If the big wigs are really so concerned about vulgarity, then just prevent Pokemon with vulgar names from being traded (although they would need to add exceptions for actual Pokemon names that happen to contain inappropriate words in other languages). There's absolutely no reason to censor names in-game. Also, they could allow trainers to rename traded Pokemon.

Yeah, I definitely have to agree with you on the ease of the game. By the time I hit Pokemon League the majority of my Pokemon were level 74+ :/ Bearing in mind I didn't grind my pokemon's levels or anything. Quite Disappointing. Not to mention Elite 4 do not get stronger after defeating them the first time (Only real challenge is that Mega Gardevoir that the Champ has.).
    I don't really have problem with nicknaming (especially since it's kind of rare for me to do so) but I see your point there too.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years

Spike huh, koff~

I couldn't nickname any of mine 'Spice'. Weird and very wrong. While I agree on them letting up on the censorship, I don't agree on the renaming of Pokemon nicknames. I want those suckers to feel pain every time they use 'Mystupidface' (Mewtwo) because they wanted to trade a lowly Weedle for the most powerful Psychic Pokemon. I think all the unreasonable people on the GTS should get the stupid nicknames. Level 1-10 Dragonite for a Bidoof? These people should have to use 'Cinco!Cinco!Cinco!' in battle, koffi~

Oh, I enjoy the items in the background very much (trees, rocks, snow burghs, etc.)!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I thought this was a thread about the attention to detail in the game..,

Either way, I'll contribute to that and say I like how in battle backgrounds in the cave environment, there's a rock that breaks depending on the move you use. (One breaks in half when you use surf, the other completely breaks with Earthquake, etc.)

Catspill

Fighting-Type Fanatic
    Years
    I'm not very far in the game, but I just found out you can do tricks on the roller skates and I have spent way too much time just messing around on them. I also like how Pikachu has it's own cry now. I haven't found anything I dislike yet, and I hope it stays that way!

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
    Years

Truetrue! I've always had so much fun trading my friends rare Pokémon with horribly offensive names, since they can't change them... I mean, I totally understand why they'd implement it, but I think they went a little too sensitive with it. I'm a little miffed that my Fletchling couldn't be "Turd Burglar" (had to settle on George), and even stranger, my Pansage wasn't allowed to be "Poof Duchess" (though Puff Duchess admittedly sounds a lot better)... It's kind of like the whole Cofagrigus issue!

I guess it's not really a "little thing" so much as a widely-used new feature, but I love the PSS! Now my mediocre team can get totally trashed by people halfway across the world even quicker than before! They really went right with how they used the bottom screen. Pokémon-Amie and Super Training and the PSS are all just a tap away (good lord this sound like a sales pitch), and it just seems like a much more convenient way of accessing all the bonus stuff compared to previous generations, unless that's just me being a little less dumb.

The Routes having names, that is all! I mean, I'm still just gonna call them like "Kalos Route 11" because I'm not good enough with French to remember all of the names or pronounce them without looking stupid, but it's still a nice bit of flavor!

Years
    I like that you start of with the running shoes. Also how quickly you get started on your journey. I don't like that there are some required TMs. I don't like using a move slot just for rock smash or strength.

Back