• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Lyra Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    Viva la Ace: Your entry is about the right length in all party but the RP sample. Which, I am sorry to say, is by far the biggest look into your RPing skills. However length can always be fixed by spending time on a post. So I am happy to say that you will be accepted in The Lyra Program as long as you promise you will work on your length per post. However, I believe your writing is up to par and so it was a pretty easy compromise to make. So congrats and welcome to the roleplay.

Sajin: Lengthy application which is good but again length is good but not everything. Luckily for us you have substance to your writing and logic. A very good application and the only problem I can find is... you forgot to add a gender description. Of course, this is no problem at all and maybe just edit it real quick? Accepted.

For all:
    This RP is purposely large. I am accepting quite a few people to keep it moving, and realistic. Not everyone has to react to everything. Not every character has to interact with every character at every part of the roleplay. In fact this is supposed to be like real life almost so.... social groups will form and fights over love interests.

My want for 6 roleplayers has been met so the roleplay will begin tomorrow and maybe.... maybe today. Let me begin the roleplay, so don't get ahead of me. Try and model your post like mine.

The Lyra Program is not closed to new members, surprisingly. Due to the low amount of girl applications.... We will be looking for one more female application that is quality.

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    Yes that would be just great, I wasn't looking forward to explaining how this random trainer was randomly entering the program and at some random time. You have time so you can either write a new character or reuse one, either are find with me.

EDIT: Finished the teachers.

Jason Paran: He is Kanto's hero. Only in his late twenties, he has defeated all three of the Kanto, Johto, and Hoen leagues. Despite his chase for the Sinnoh League and his recent marriage, he has cleared his plate partially for the Lyra Program. His third year of mentoring, his youth and fresh mind bring something new to Lyra. Jason is known for his cliché, but high-powered Charizard. He believes the less attacks you use to down the opponent the better, and Jason goes for all out power. He is a very talkative guy who gives off a prideful aura. He is currently the most famous trainer on the tour, and also a very valuable asset to the Lyra team.

Pokemon: Charizard, Nidoking, Gayrados, Umbreon, Dewgong, Vileplume

Sujima Nakamora: This mentor has claimed every badge there is to claim and all the league championships. Often looked at as the top trainer of his generation, Sujima (Or Narkamora) is most known for his partnership with Scizor. Johto born Nakamora comes from a family with traditional values. His face shows something of Asian descent. He stands only five feet six inches, however has a very broad body. He often pulls out his tuxedo and loves to be dressy. It has been said that Nakamora has never been seen unnerved. Nakamora, in his fourties, has ceased his intense training to settle down with a family and help develop trainers through the Lyra Program.

Pokemon: Scizor, Feraligatr, Jolteon, Jumpluff, Tyranitar, Aggron

Raj Mar': Raj's dark skin and wrinkles reveal both his ethnicity and his age. His darker skin and his voice both appear and sound Indian. (Of India.) He is a tactition at heart, and is mostly known for his strategies. Now into his mid seventies, Raj mostly appears at pokemon battles as an honored guest. His battle strategies brought him world recognition, and he is currently the oldest person alive with all league titles and badges. His dress is always that of formal attire from his heritage. Born in Hoen, he grew up just outside Slateport City. Growing up around the sea Raj fell in love with all aquatic pokemon. His trump pokemon, Milotic, has made famous my Raj's defensive strategies. Raj talks very little, but when he speaks it has a certain rhythm and beauty to it. This may be just the wisest trainer in the world, and is the only living founder of the Lyra Program.

Pokemon: Milotic, Sceptile, Slowking, Slaking, Gliscor, Arbok

Maria Maranette: Her tan skin comes from no beach, and her tolerance to cold informs everyone exactly where she is from. Snowpoint City, a large, snowy city that resides just north of the famous Mount Cornet. Snowpoint City, mostly known for its production of talented skiers struck gold in the fields of pokemon battling with Maria. Arguablly one of the best trainers ever to come out of Sinnoh, she sits atop the Sinnoh elite four as champion. Her dark brunette hair runs just above her shoulders, and she often chooses to wear a short-sleeve shirt and a skirt or shorts. The pride of Snowpoint also has a swagger to step, she is quite confident. Maria, like all women, talks a lot. She speaks a lot of both gossip and wisdom. She is most famous for her offense style party, and her fast and vile Weavile.

This is just a summary of all the mentors and how they should be observed.
    Pokemon: Imfernape, Alakazam, Bronzong, Weavile, Salamence, Machamp

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    Okay! I just thought it would be best to just reuse one from an RP that died for now ;)

Name: Lucy Diamante

Appearance: Lucy is an average height of five feet. She is rather slim and her body is considered one of her most attractive parts. Her hair is a rather shiny black and it is in a complex bun. Detatching from the bun near the base are a couple strands of hair that form a ribbon on both sides and two loops come from the outter edge to the center of the bun forming pretzel like rings. It is lastly secured by two chopsticks and at most comes down to her neck. Her face is rather clean and without pimples. She wears highly sophisticated glasses and usually a serious expression is upon her face. Her common attire consists of a dress that falls down to a point just above her knees and a long-sleeved matching shirt. Most girls carry purses around, however, Lucy perfers books than purses and so always carries a book around for which ever reason may occur that requires a book.

History: Her father came from a large wealthy family and her mother an innocent beautiful woman came from a poverished background. She had captivated him and he ran away from his family. The two lived together in Newbark Town peacefully except for the husbands natural greed of money. They were poor and Mr. Diamante could not handle it, so he spent most of his time working at a local resturant and investing in oil companies over seas. They quickly became quite wealthy, but her mother loved the simplicity. She refused to move into a mansion like he wanted, but she finally submitted to him when she discovered her pregnancy.

The two of them loved Lucy and would spoil her with public tutors and foriegn goods. Mr. Diamante sought to perfect Lucy by heavily scolding her and whipping her whenever her faults showed. Her mother dissapproved of his actions and ran away with Lucy. They returned to live the simple life, but they had been brought in to an even worse poverty. Finally all the stress got to her and Lucy's mother died of a heart attack. Lucy then was forced to live on her own and she received a local education until finally she was allowed to travel with her own companion pokemon.

Personality: Lucy has always been somewhat high-class due to her background and so she has a habit of acting like a princess when wrapped in delusion or when given command. She won't hesitate to live up to her title of helpfull and is very kind in that matter. At times she can be motherly if given the need and she is occasionally haunted by the fact that her father might come back someday. She cares about her appearance and so she tends to apply cosmetics to her face and check mirrors often. Due to her education under her fathers care she is a bit of a know-it-all and will ocassionally prove her own intelligence when around snobby people. She has a strong sense of justice and so she tends to hang around intellectual and modest people despite her own personality.

Starter: Cyndaquil

RP Sample:
    "Your my pokemon now! You have to obey me now and if I say let me heal you then please let me! I can't stand to see you injured!" Marissa said while crying over the Starly.

The Starly recently caught finally submitted to the tears and with its wing wiped them away and sat in her lap.

"Thank you." she whispered to him and she began applying the oran berries to his wounds.

When the Starly was treated she got up still recovering from when she was crying and yelled "Okay, let's go!".

She let the Starly walk next to her and continued walking up the path. The Starly was suddenly trembling. A demonic looking Staravia stared menacingly at the Starly. The Staravia flew past the Starly almost scratching it with its talons that were surrounded by a dark shadowy aura.

"Is this the demon of Sandgem Town? Is this what defeat my poor Starly? Is the power of the Virus?" Marissa said with tears streaming down.

"Starly were going to win!" Marissa said with a burning passion.

"Starly, Quick Attack now!" Marissa said with hell in her voice.

The Starly rapidly gained speed and slamed into the Staravia. The Staravia just chuckled at the impact and countered it by ramming it with its body surrounded by a dark aura. Starly fell back and onto the ground.

"Starly get up!" Marissa shouted.

It was too late and Starly was hit again by the VRUS Charge. The Starly imediate flew away before the Staravia could attack once more, however, Starly was severely injured. The Staravia charged at Starly again.

"Starly circle it and Growl!" Marissa commanded her Starly.

The Starly dodged the charging by circling around the Staravia like Marissa had told had told him and he was also growling fiercely at the Staravia. The Staravia realized that there was no way for him to hit the Starly with the VRUS charge and so he began jabbing at Starly. It was like a game of Whack a Mole, Starly was the mole and Staravia was the Hammer. Starly kept traveling around the Staravia in a circle while growling and Staravia was trying to hit the Starly where ever it was. The Staravia then suddenly switched from hitting the Starly in its clockwise pattern and jabbed its beak in the opposite direction. The Starly and the Staravia's beak eventually collided and the Staravia began Jabbing the Starly frantically. It did not hurt Starly a bit.

"What... the Peck's not hurting Starly at all. There's not even a STAB bonus. Does this mean that the Virus has the ability to strip a pokemon of one of its types?" a shocked Marissa said.

"Hmm, okay Starly tackle it!" Marissa commanded after digesting the realization.

The Starly broke free from Staravia's grasp and slammed it into a tree.

"Follow it up with your Quick Attack." screamed Marissa.

The Starly then flew back forth ramming the Staravia with a high speed attack every time it passed by.

"Now tackle the tree and grab a nice heavy rock." Marissa said with a smirk because it was similar to how she defeated Starly.

The Starly smirked back and rammed the tree causing apples to fall down on the Staravia. As the apples fell Starly had lifted a huge stone and dropped it over the fallen Staravia. The stone caused the apples to be crushed into juice that stung the Staravia's eyes and crushed it.

"Good work starly." Marissa said with her back turned away from the Staravia.

Behind her back though the Staravia was angry and he had charged a very dark aura round himself. He was gaining speed and swooped from where they had left him and spun around Marissa and her Starly.

The Staravia's speed was so incredible that the wind picked up with him and a whirl was forming just because of it.

"Starly spin in the opposite direction!" Marissa shouted caught of guard.

The Starly flew in a circle opposite of Staravia's and the wind began to die down. The Starly's whirl was reverse that of Staravia's and the two cancelled each other out. The Staravia had become dizzy after spinning so long.

"Now Starly finish it, Tackle attack!" Marissa shouted with no mercy.

The Starly slammed the dizzy Staravia into the ground and begin continuously slamming into the ground until Starly was sure it was unconscience.

"Let's go Starly" Marissa said coolly after extracting a sample of the Staravia's blood with her Syringe.

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    FrozenSnowman: Solid character, good writing... I cannot really too much of it but is is really solid. Sorry... Accepted.

Okay so the Lyra Program is now closed to new members. Now before the first post is written or you write your post, please read the other characters. Also before you make a first post read your character. The more you read it the better you will be. Take time on your posts and put real thought into them.

The OOC Thread will be up soon... when it is up please post your character application up in there as well. Thank you and I am looking forward to roleplaying with all you.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I'd like to know too, but Vindicated hasn't been on all day... I've been checking. I'd like to get this show on the road. anticipation kills.

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    ((OOC: Thanks FrozenSnowman. now that the roleplay has started please make OOC chat like I did. I added a bit to the story line in the form of rivalry and animosity between Johto and Kanto and between Hoen and Sinnoh. Just a bit of spice in the story. Hope you enjoy. Its a bit weak in substance but I was just trying to make a post for you guys to somewhat copy. Your first post should be about getting to the Lyra Program and basically what I wrote about. Good luck. Oh and I am also testing out giving a title to my posts. Oh just read the posts above, haha thanks for all the anticipation.))

"Poker Face"​

9:30 the hotel clock lit itself in a red flash. "Good morning eve….." the radio alarm was put to a halt immediately. Catherine turned; she had not gotten much sleep the night before. This was a day she had been waiting for her life… or so she thought. Now that is was here it was actually quite frightening. The young teen looked over at her mother's bed. It was unmade, and no one was in it. Figuring her mother had left to get coffee, Catherine rose and turned on the shower. A few minutes later the teen stepped in. This day felt so surreal. She would be gone from her rich, protected world for a long while. Who knew if she wouldn't make it back. Being a trainer was not a joke. She had grown up around stories of young trainers tumbling to their deaths, or being injured by wild pokemon. Water droplets bounced off her body only increasing the sense of slowing down time. Steam was multiplying on the shower door every few seconds. Then for the first time in her life she realized how little she really was in a universe so sizeable. Even if she was successful what would she matter? Thirty minutes later, her hair dry, teeth white, and robe on she exited the bathroom and entered the main room.

The closet doors slowly unfastened from their stagnant positions and revealed their treasure, clothes. Ten minutes of trying different outfits on, she had fashioned the right one. A white long sleeved polo striped with three large colors. Red the first stripe, white the second, and the final stripe took the shade of navy. The shirt was pulled together by a ruffled jean with scatted, small holes along the pant legs. Inspecting herself in the mirror until she was content she continued to her bed. Sitting down, she turned on the television, Catherine heard the door click. Her mom entered with breakfast. "Here," her mom smiled handing her a breakfast sandwhich.

"I can't eat this…. not now…" Catherine remarked.

"You must. You shouldn't be that nervous," the woman mocked her daughter.

"It isn't that. I am not that nervous, I just… brushed my teeth," Catherine felt her smooth teeth. It had always been a pet-peeve of hers. She couldn't stand the feeling of "fuzzy" or unclean teeth. She never ate anything within a few hours of when she had brushed her teeth.

"Oh right. I forgot,"

"Like always, Mrs. I am never around," Kate whispered under her breathe.

"What was that?" The mom asked with a stern tone.

"Nothing, can we just go?" Kate picked up her bag slung it over one of her shoulders and headed for the door.

"Right. We are on time if we leave now," the mother followed.

The luxury car still smelt of the new car scent. It had been purchased just a few weeks ago and Catherine, like a lot of things, would miss it. It was eleven by the time the car reached the outskirts of Celadon City. They were on their way to Pallet Town, the start of many trainers before Catherine. Around three hours later the road was wet, it had rained just an hour ago. The downpour of rain had quit just in time for their arrival in Pallet Town. "Okay Kitty, here you go good luck. I love you," Catherine's mother had pulled over next to a house. She hugged her daughter the hardest she could manage while sitting in a car, and bid her a farewell. What seemed like thirty seconds to the teenager was really five minutes. The car that had been leaving stopped abruptly and reversed itself. Jumping out of the car her mother pulled Catherine's bag out of the trunk and gave it to her.

"Good start," Catherine's first mistake was a funny one to her.

"Yes, you are on a roll," the mother kept the sarcasm going with a smile. "Oh and Catherine. Poker face, love. Try not to look so scared," Another hug and kiss, and the car left. Catherine continued down the muddy road. Figuring this was probably not the best time for flats, she waddled down the path in pain.

She could see them. She could see the Lyra Program. It was a crowded group, and by the look of it she might be the last one there. Looking at the rest of the kids, she definitely stood out. She was one of the only ones dressed in such a memorable outfit. The kids definitely noticed her, maybe because she was newest one to arrive or maybe because of the outfit; Catherine did not know nor did she want to, she could feel herself blushing overwhelmingly. Her poker face had been breached. "Alright I think that is the last one. Now we can begin," the flat brown hair was easily recognizable to Catherine. Dumbfounded Catherine could hardly breathe; it was Jason Paran. He was a superstar trainer, and he was there to help her become better at battling. Looking around she couldn't believe who stood in front of her. Four legendary trainers… Jason Paran of Kanto, Sujima Nakamura of Johto, Raj Mar' of Hoen, and finally Maria Maranette of Sinnoh. All of these trainers were some of the most decorated trainers in the world; at that moment Catherine realized how serious this program was. Was she even in the right place? Yeah she was a good student, but would all that classroom work translate to success in battle? She would find out soon. But there was a major task in front of the young trainer. One she had completely forgotten about.

"Alright let's get started. I am sure you know all of us but just in case we will introduce ourselves," this time Maria spoke. "I am Maria Maranette, I am current Champion of the Sinnoh League," That was all she needed to say, Kate was awestruck.

"Eah. I am Raj. Raj Mar' of Hoen," A funny accent came out, but his words were like a warm cup of tea on a chilly afternoon. It was soothing to the soul; Catherine couldn't help but yearn for the man to keep speaking. He didn't continue.

"Jason Paran, I will soon follow in Sujima's footsteps and defeat all current leagues," Jason claimed, Maria chuckled. Jason seemed a bit full of himself to Catherine.

"Yes, as Jason hinted, I am Sujima Nakamura of Johto," he ended quickly. "Let us begin? Raj, who will be first."

"Uh huh right. Some of you have already received your first pokemon. Others of you still need to choose yours. Once we choose you please come up here, introduce yourself, and tell us what region you are from. And to begin us… as an old book said, may the last be first," his words, his sounds, they… they were just beautiful. Catherine was in somewhat of a trance. A few seconds passed by before Catherine decoded the meaning. It didn't take the other kids near as long. They were all staring at her. Blushing she stepped forward. Her small feet-in-flats felt like a hundred pounds each. Every step felt like an eternity. Finally she reached the front of the crowd. Raj continued, "Since you have lived in both Kanto and Johto, you may choose which country's pokemon you would like to choose from.

This decision had never really occurred to Catherine. Kanto is where she had spent of her older life, the years where she could remember. Johto just happened to be where her heritage was from. She looked the part too. Johto was known for their blonde, amber-eyed females. Catherine could remember her mother telling her of legends that spoke of the beauty of amber eyes, and their power over men. Of course that was just an old tale, but one incident drifted into her mind…

Flashback

The bell rang, a good start to Catherine's first day of school in middle school, she was late. Finally locating the room "C5" for her pokemon biology class, she swung the door open. The teacher looking with a smile, "Not a good start huh? It is okay I am sure you just couldn't find the classroom. What's your name?" The teacher understood.

"Catherine Florana," the embarrassed girl was shown her seat. On her way, something happened she had never quite understood, not till now. As she walked passed one of the boys said something to her.

"Way to be late "Jordan," the boy and his friends laughed. Through out her life in Kanto she would occasionally be called a Jordan, but she never made much sense of it nor did it make much of an impact.

End of Flashback.

Catherine realized that it was sectionalism. Those who called Catherine a Jordan were sectionalists. It all made sense now, a Jordan was not quite a racial profile but it was close. It was a name to brand those who came from Johto. The girl was almost embarrassed that she hadn't realized that before. Although hatred between the two countries wasn't always open, Johto and Kanto shared a rivalry and animosity for one another. "So what will it be Kanto or Johto?" Raj finally realizing that the day dreaming girl in front of him had no intention of answering him in a timely fashion.

This was pressure. Not only did she have to make a decision, Catherine had to make a decision in front of her peers and some of the best trainers in the world. Both Jason and Nakamura seemed quite interested in the teen's decision. Catherine hesitated then answered, "If Kanto would not accept me while I lived here, I then think it unhealthy to choose from their pokemon. I would like to choose from my heritage, Johto," the girl finished her words and was surprised at how logical it sounded.

"A wise decision. Now you must make another hard decision. Which pokemon?" The old man pointed to the table just behind him. Nakamura took out a suitcase and unfastened it.

"Chikorita to your left, Cyndaquil in the middle, and Totodile to your right," Nakamura announced and stepped back. Catherine nervous but confidant stepped to the table. Mindless and on instinct she reached for the middle ball. But something stopped her. Glancing over the three balls, she moved right. Her arm outstretched she grabbed the one to the right. "Totodile a fine choice if I say so myself. He is the one I started my adventure with as well," Nakamura had a large smile on his face. "Now come with me as we get you a pokedex and some other items," the mentor grabbed her arm and walked her to another table. The other mentors continued with the other trainers.

"For you who have not received your pokemon like Catherine, you will be presented with the same opportunity, three pokemon of your home region," Jason announced and chose another student.

"What color do you want?" Nakamura was whispering to Catherine gesturing to the pokedexes. She saw about every color in the rainbow plus ten.

"Uhh may I have the navy one?" Catherine received her choice, and Nakamura also added a few items. He bestowed her with five pokeballs and a potion. The mentor showed Catherine back to her peers; Catherine began to watch those in the process of choosing their pokemon. The pressure was off. Catherine's only regret was her neglect of the poker face.

Viva La Ace!

R U N DON'T W A L K.
    Years
    OOC: Is it fine if I make it that he gets his Chikorita here?

The alarm clock rang into Brayden's ears, proving pointless as he was already wide awake. He traced the comb over his spiky hair once before placing the comb down. Prepared, per usual, Brayden had basically done everything in preparation to get ready. You know, take a shower, change into some clothes - which he had chosen his regular attire, after a long and boring debate with himself, and the last thing he had to do was to comb his hair. Which he had just finished, moving himself to the alarm clock and clicking it off. Bray had faced the mirror once again before being sure he was good, and nodded. He had swiftly moved out of the room, into the nice little sitting place the hotel had. "I'm here, Brayden," a voice that had sounded extremely familiar, which Brayden classified as his mom quickly, had said to him. He nodded. "I wasn't quite looking for you, but hey," he said with a grin, jolting to his mom's current spot, which was kind of like a miniature kitchen. He pat her on the back, he wasn't the one who kissed his mom all the time, and opened the little pantry. Sure enough, Brayden's mom had packed several bags of chips - she knew him all too well.

He had opened the bag of chips, taking a seat and making a loud pop sound, as his mother sat beside him. She seemed to had investigate him as he sat down, the TV showing a blank screen. "So I assume you're ready. Excited, bud?" His mouth made a clicking sound as he finished off another chip, and he kind of nodded, which his head had pretty much bounced since he went over to pick up the remote. "I guess. It's more of a getting the Pokemon, I'm much too excited about that. But as for the trainer thing, I guess that's pretty nice too." And then he clicked the remote, revealing some sort of news show. Brayden's mother Maria was always watching the news, and sure enough she was watching it today to see if the weather was fine or something. Bray didn't argue, he was glad she was always looking out for him. Fiddling around with channels he reached one of his favorites, even though it was numbered different than what it was in his own house.

"Bray, honey, I want you to be safe when doing this whole thing. Promise me this, okay?" her mother came from nowhere. He was pretty sure she was watching too, and the comment just came randomly. He nodded. It was pretty much his basic answer to everything his parents told him.

Brayden gulped down another of those chips before speaking again. "Promise, mom."

She nodded back to him, slipping in her hand to take one of the chips. "Don't let us down. Your father missed coming here, but I know he wanted to." Her voice made the loud cackling sound that Bray made while eating the chips, and it was just way too funny watching her eat the spicy chips. "My, these are good. I need to remember to buy some more of these." Maria nodded, reading the name that was printed on the bag.

He stood up, placing the chips on the sort of coffee table. "Mom, you wouldn't mind if you took me there kind of early? You know me, I don't want to be late or anything. 'Cause I'm pretty sure the other kids are going to be out there pretty early. Wouldn't want to be late. I'll just go ahead and grab some stuff from the room really quick and then we can go, right? Unless of course you have any objections. Hehe, then we wouldn't have to go right now."

"I knew you had a mouth, Bray. You totally seem excited for this! I have no objections whatsoever, dear." Her pale-in-comparison mother placed her hand in her pocket, nodding when she felt her keys. Brayden had moved from the one room to the other, taking his bag and hanging his MP3 player on his ear. He didn't like the radio stations getting such bad connection when moving around too much, so he definitely neede this.

He smiled as he held the bag on his arm, moving back into the room he had been a few minutes ago. "Alright, shall we get started now, mom?" Now she was the one nodding, and he had a slight grin before moving out of the door right after she did. He followed her down a few flight of stairs, still following his mom. They went to the parking space, and Brayden opened the door about a second after it had unlocked. Excitement had just rung around his ahead and he couldn't believe it.

Going into the car he tossed his bag into the backseat, sitting down comfortably in the right of the car. The little car wasn't the biggest, but Brayden had enjoyed every single ride in the car. And now they were going, so the car mixed with the excitement was too good to be true. His MP3 player had began playing after he clicked it on, and he began listening to a calm ride to Pallet Town. He hadn't really been to Pallet town, though he has stopped there once on a big trip. It was a beautiful sight, and his mom had always talked about how she wanted to go back to the small, peaceful sight of Pallet Town. Hopefully he wouldn't hover, which she tended to do.

Soon enough a few hours passed and her mother had just kept going. Brayden eyes lazily closed and opened several times, and he dozed off to a sleep soon enough. Now opening his eyes at the perfect time, his mother had parked near a familiar house. The house had been in many pictures he's seen, and he knew it as his Aunt Delia's house. He didn't really mind walking much, so it was okay; it wasn't too far. He then noticed what had woken him up, his mother had turned on the radio, which he did realize was just to wake him up. She turned off the care, and unlocked the doors as she watched Bray's lazy eyes attempting to close again. "Bray, we're at Aunt Delia's. Do you want me to drive you there - it's not far, mind - or do you want to walk? It's right... there." She had pointed to a little place where he could definitely see was not too far. "I'm staying here, so if you want to do anything before you have your journey, just come here if you're allowed. Love you, dear."

He nodded once more, but definitely would say something before leaving his mother for a long time. Like he did with his father, he embraced his mother with a hug. "Bye mom," he had told her before letting his grasp of his mom go. He took his bag from the back of the car, and slammed his door shut before his mom had gone. He began the short walk to the little place, and could see he was definitely early, as there had just been two people there already. "Hi guys," he said at the two people, who he couldn't classify as a girl or a boy. They probably did answer, which he didn't catch as he turned around. Moving around after his comment, he faced four older people. He didn't quite know all of them, but he did know at least two.

Bray first noticed the first man, Sujima. He was one of Bray's idols, being a very impressive trainer with his Pokemon. He was also from Johto, which is mainly some of the reason he knew the man. The second person he noticed was Maria. This female shared the same name of his mother, which he knew her for, and she had also tanned skin, which was Brayden. He smiled at them, he was very surprised to see them. The other two he couldn't put a name to the face, but he smiled at them to.

Soon enough the people piled in. He waited patiently as he should, and soon enough the last person came, wrapping up the whole thing. Bray listened to all of them talking, and added a whisper comment when Sujima spoke. "You're my idol." Sujima had probably caught that as he had a smirk on his face after Bray said that, and he just felt too excited once again. Soon enough they were talking about Pokemon, which caught Bray's attention the most. He watched patiently as they allowed the last person to come go first, which he smiled at. She was definitely pretty, but Bray was kind of shy about those things. He smiled as the girl carefully picked her Pokemon.

Now, it was down to a few people who didn't have their Pokemon, including Brayden. Of course when he thought of this, he was next, irony just appreciated him like that. He had stepped up, looking down and up. Before anyone could say anything, Bray had nervously whispered something. "Johto, please." They had seemed to figure it out, as they gave him the variety they had given the first girl. "May I have that one?" his voice nervously said once more. He was pointing at the Chikorita, which he had knew - he studied. He smiled as the man he had learned the name was Jason had said.

"Alright, sir. Which color for Pokedex is your preference?" Sujima had told him, and he faced down to look at all the colors. He smiled as his fingers pressed on the gleaming white one, it sure was his favorite color. Simple, and elegant. "May I have this one, Mr. Nakamura?" The older man nodded as he picked it up. As he had picked it up he gave the white-colored Pokedex, as well as items he classified as a potion and five Pokeballs, red-and-white capsule devices, and Bray held them up. He was too happy. He had a Chikorita, and he was ready to become a trainer. As he faced the Pokeball containing his Chikorita, he smiled. "I'm your new trainer."

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    It had been a few days since Angel flipped out on his dad and Professor Oak over his birthday gifts and future. He couldn't stand adults, specifically scientists. "Thinking so logically and factually all the time takes the fun out of everything." he thought as he brushed his teeth. It wasn't a thought that came out of nowhere, but from experience. Angel's dad had been researching pokemon with Professor Oak since he was born and it showed. Angel had had enough of scientists for one lifetime. And today was the day of the Lyra Program. It was the perfect time to escape the scientists that pretty much ruled his life.

"ANGEL! Come on! we need to go! We're late as it is!" Angel's dad called from downstairs.

"We're late already. Another 5 minutes won't kill us." He thought as he spit out the toothpaste. He sighed as he remembered what happened a few days ago.

-Flashback-

Angel unleashed all his rage into the songs at the karaoke club after flipping out on the 2 scientists that basically ran his life for him. He was breathing heavily after 12 songs he put all his feeling into. Unknown to him, Professor Oak and his dad were at the back of the karaoke bar, in the shadows, watching him.

"He's very talented." complimented Oak.

"But it takes more than talent to make it. Plus the chances of him actually making it as a pop star are ridiculously absurd."

"But he's got a better chance than most of the no talent hacks out there..." They continued as they went on while watching him. After the thirteenth song, Angel started swaying side to side, looking like he was going to be sick, and then passed out on the stage. He collapsed on stage s people gasped and wondered what to do. One person was already on the phone with 911 a few seconds later.

Angel was released from the hospital the next day. The doctors had said the collapse was a combination of things. Namely depression, repressed anger, and exhaustion. They had said he should be fine in the morning, so the two professor brought him home.

-End flashback-

Angel walked into his bedroom and slung his black and blue messenger bag over his shoulder. He put his headphones on as he reached into the bag and pulled out his pokeball containing his Bulbasaur.

He smiled as he sang to the pokemon after thinking on their current situation. Angel and his Bulbasaur had bonded over the last few days and as it turned out, they both loved music. "BONUS!" Thought Angel as the song started up.

"Paper bags and plastic hearts
    All are belongings in shopping carts
    Its goodbye
    But we got one more night
    Lets get drunk and drive around
    And make peace with this empty town
    We can make it right

Throw it away
    Forget yesterday
    We'll make the great escape
    We won't hear a word they say
    They don't know us anyway
    Watch it burn
    Let it die
    Cause we are finally free tonight" He sang as "The Great Escape" by Boys Like Girls continued on. Angel smiled as the pokeball rocked side to side with the music.

-----------

Angel walked into the back yard as his dad had somethng special for the occaision. In the backyard was something that had been there for years, but Angel was never curious enough to investigate it.

Angel's dad walked over to a large car shaped tarp and began rolling the tarp off. "Your mom wanted one of these while she was a;ive so i got one to preseve her memory" His dad said as the tarp revealed a mid-90's muscle car. A white 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34 to be exact.

"'95 Monte Carlo Z34. White on white with 16 inch lightweight aluminum racing rims on Goodyear Eagle Z rated tires. 3.4L Dual OverHead Cam V6 known as the Twin Dual Cam V6. 210 horsepower, 215 ft-lbs of torque... and to top it all off... front wheel drive." Angel's father ranted.

"Mom must've been quite the firecracker" Angel said as he looked over the beastly muscle car.

"You have no idea" Angel's dad said seemingly lost in a happy memory.

"It's nice and all, but what does a muscle car have to do with me leaving?"

"You thought I'd drop you off in a dinky little econobox? Nah, We're showing up in classic American Muscle."

"You're dropping me off?" Angel asked astonished.

"Yea. This is the last time I'll see my little boy for quite a while. Might as well Make it as long as I can. Plus. when you come back from your journey, this beast is yours" He said holding up a set of keys. One looked like a normal key while the other had a computer chip embedded in the metal, probably the ignition key.

Angel's dad stepped into the car and started up the beast. The throaty V6 roared to life as birds scattered away from the roar.

-------------------

They arrived quickly As the white car slammed the brakes on. The front hunched so far forward from braking that the lower front air dam was barely an inch from the ground. The car settled back to it's aggressive stance soon after it had stopped. The heavy passenger door to the coupe shot open. A blue-haired teen boy basically fell out of the car and began kissing the ground.

"LAND!" Angel screamed kissing the ground.

Angel's dad got out of the car and walked over to help him up. "Oh come on. It wasn't that bad!"

(OOC: for those of you who get "The Pacifier" reference, you may laugh now.)

Angel got up and waited with the others for the rest to show up.

Everyone had soon arrived and picked their pokemon. Their mentors introduced themselves (good thing too, because Angel had no idea who they were) and soon came up to Angel.

"SO which color Pokedex would you like?" Jason asked pointing to an array of different pokedex's. Angel just reached into his bag and pulled out a black and red pokedex Professor Oak had customized for him.

"Already taken care of." Angel said with a smirk.

"Your first pokemon?" Jason asked curiously.

"Again. Already taken care of." He said as he let his Bulbasaur out of the confinement of it's pokeball. "My dad works with Professor Oak." He explained.

"Well here. Take these then." he said handing Angel 5 pokeballs and a potion.

Angel placed them into his bag safely. "Thank you."

"No problem." Jason said with a smile ruffling his fluffy, spiky blue hair.

Last edited:

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    It wasn't the sound of the alarm clock that had woken Tommy, but the sound of injured pokemon and complaining trainers. Tommy Kingston, the person that had set himself a goal from the start had finally put aside his nerves and had left his home region of Sinnoh. Waking up in a pokemon center was not Tommy's idea of a nice lay in, but today was one of the most important, if not the most important day of his life. Today was the day that Tommy Kingston would start his pokemon journey. Making him one step closer to reaching his goal of becoming a gym leader. He was never one to take peoples hospitality, and not pay to stay at an accommodation for free. But since he barely had enough money on him to pay for a hotel room, he had taken up the kind Nurse Joy's offer, and stayed at the pokemon center for the night. It had been a long journey for Tommy. Coming from the Sinnoh region on a cruise liner was something he would have liked to avoided. But since he had no other option, Tommy stuck through his travel sickness and made it to the Kanto region.

After finally getting out of bed, Tommy had taken a quick shower. Swiftly putting on a new set of fresh clothes that consisted of a pair of navy jeans, a black t-shirt and a silver coloured hooded jacket over the top. Clipping his belt bag into place, and then throwing his one strap silver bag over his shoulder and clipping it into place, Tommy was finally ready to make his way out into the region of Kanto to start his journey. He exited the room he had stayed in for the night and walked out into the reception of the pokemon center. Poor nurse Joy was as busy as ever. And as much as Tommy wanted to help, he knew he had no time to stop. Just as Tommy was about to leave the center, a trainer dashed over and stood in his way. ''I'm guessing you're a newbie, right?'' The male trainer asked. ''I wouldn't call myself a newbie. I'm on my way to get my first pokemon now, and then will start my journey to become a gym leader.'' Tommy smirked. The guy laughed in Tommy's face. ''You? A trainer? Don't make me laugh kid.'' He pushed Tommy aside and walked up to Nurse Joy. ''Jerk!'' Tommy mumbled silently. After giving off a small wave to Nurse Joy, Tommy walked out onto the path that would lead him straight to the small town of Pallet.

Watching as all the pokemon went by as Tommy walked through the forest towards Pallet Town was something that he would remember on his journey. They seemed so happy and free. Tommy smiled as he walked passed a bunch of Metapod and Kakuna hanging down from the trees, waiting to break free from their shells and become Butterfree's and Beedrill's. He wasn't a big fan of bug pokemon, but he knew that each pokemon was unique for it's own reason. After a few minutes of walking, Tommy barely missed walking into another person. Moments of silence between the two was finally broken when Tommy spoke. ''Uh..Hi'' he smiled. The girl was still in shock, but was eased up a little by Tommy's voice. ''Hey there!'' she replied with a happy face.

''I'm sorry about that, I don't watch where I'm going most times.'' he sighed and rubbed the back of his neck nervously, waiting for her to speak back.

''I guess me and you are somewhat alike then.'' she let out a small giggle.

''So where were you heading?'' She quickly questioned him.

''I'm heading to Pallet Town to get my first pokemon. How about you?'' He asked.

''Wow, really? I was just in the forest here picking some berries for my mom.'' She lifted up the small basket that was full of different coloured berries. ''I can walk with you to Pallet Town if you like?'' She suggested.

''That would be great! Thank you so much.'' He started to follow her through the forest. In the distance, the sun shining through the trees was almost breath taking. ''So, are you from Kanto?'' The silence was broken by her this time. He shook his head. ''Nope, I came from the Sinnoh region. I'm joining a special program that helps new trainers like me to get a head start in their journeys. It will be pretty helpful...I hope.'' He joked. He was quite nervous when the two of them started to talk more. But having some company was never a bad thing. Especially when you didn't know where you were going.

''Well, here we are'' she spoke and then pointed through the branches of the trees at the small town out infront of them down the hill. ''Beautiful!'' was the only word that came to Tommy's mind when his eyes popped open at the sight of Pallet Town. When the two of them reached the bottom of the steep hill, they both stopped and turned to one another. ''This is where we go our separate ways'' was something that Tommy was regretting. ''If you follow this path, you will reach where the program is being held.'' she pointed out the way. Tommy nodded and smiled gratefully. ''Thanks for everything!'' was the final words before they each turned away from each other and started walking down different paths.

Reaching the group of new trainers, Tommy got in between them. He had made it just in time to hear the first person to speak. The star trainers had taken turns to introduce themselves to the group. When Maria spoke, Tommy's heart started to pound firmly against this chest. ''Ma-Maria is here?!'' the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. ''Calm down Tommy, calm down!'' he took a deep breathe. Maria was someone that Tommy looked up too. Every kid in the Sinnoh region knew about her. She was by far on of the greatest trainers to ever appear from the Sinnoh region, and being the champion, Tommy used to aspire to be just like her. But of course, his dreams had changed while he was growing up. Now he had his mind set of becoming a top gym leader.

It wasn't soon after Tommy arrived that they started to let the trainers pick their first pokemon. A girl had stepped up and claimed her pokemon, a Totodile. After she had walked off the steps, a boy then was called upon to claim his pokemon. Tommy was slowly becoming impatient, and wanted his turn. When the boy had left the table, Maria called out Tommy's name. He took a quick glance around to see if anyone else was there with the same name, but it was just him. Going in and out of the trainers, Tommy finally made it to the table. He stepped up and flashed a quick inspired smile to Maria.

''Since you are from the Sinnoh region, you get to pick from the three starters from that region. on the left is Turtwig, the grass type pokemon. In the middle is Chimchar, the fire type. And finally on the right is Piplup, the water type pokemon.'' Maria introduced the three pokemon inside the pokeballs to Tommy. After he had taken a few minutes to pick one, he placed his hand over the pokeball on the right and then picked it up with a firm hand. ''A Piplup eh? A fine choice indeed.'' She smiled and then placed her hand on his shoulder and almost drove him over to the other table where the pokedexes were sitting. ''Well then, which one would you like?'' Maria wondered. Tommy had already picked his pokedex, so it was an easy choice. ''The silver and light blue one please!'' he pointed on the table.

Being handed his silver and light blue pokedex, along with five pokeballs and a potion, Tommy slipped them into different belt bags and then zipped them shut. Placing the pokeball with his new companion, Piplup onto the special pokeball holder on his bag strap that came down around his chest. ''Perfect!'' he cheered. Now with the motion in place, Tommy's grand adventure was about to start, and the promise he had made back in the Sinnoh region would start being fulfilled.

**Flashback**

With a full heart of determination, Tommy walked passed the Oreburgh gym with a sure heart that he would one day have a gym for himself. Just as he was about to leave the city to make his way to Kanto, Roark stepped out infront of him. ''Good luck on your journey, Tommy. Promise me that whatever happens, you'll do your best to stay true to your dream of becoming a gym leader ok?'' Roark nodded. Tommy and Roark had become quite good friends. Whenever there was a gym battle, Tommy would be there on the side lines cheering his friend on. ''I promise I won't return until I am more than ready to become a gym leader!'' Tommy replied. Before setting off into the sunset, the promise was sealed with a handshake.

**End of flashback.**

Tommy stared up into the clear sky above. He was sure that the promise that he had make to Roark would one day be fulfilled.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    "Treecko! Treecko!"

Ari awoke to her Treecko gently bonking her on the head with his tail. She looked around and saw that there was mist hovering amongst the trees, and a Zigzagoon or two were playing tag not too far away.
    "Oh, Maverick," Ari greeted, still sounding sleepy, "I take it dawn has arrived?"
    At that time Ari was curled up against a pine tree, sitting on a bed made of its fallen needles. Ari had hardly any money on her, certainly not enough to stay in a hotel room or even the Pokemon Centre for the night, so this chilly place had to be where she slept. There was certainly no way she would go back home now, not after what happened at school. In fact, she still had her school bag with her, which contained a few pens and pencils, a folder containing various graded assignments, a notebook, and a chemistry textbook. That bag--a black shoulder bag with a picture of Kyogre on front--was fairly heavy, and Ari hoped that she wouldn't have to carry all that around on her journey. But she had no place to put it other than her house, so she was forced to hold onto it for now.

Ari stood up, shivering in the chilly air of the early morning, combing her hair with her fingers. It was at this point that she realised how unprepared she was for a Pokemon journey. She remembered that when Gon left on his journey, he spent time gathering together such things as a sleeping bag, a toothbrush, a map of the region, a little bit of food, and a few Potions and Full Heals. Ari had no such equipment, and far less money than what Gon had started out with. All she left with was the remainder of her lunch money from school, which wasn't very much. The thought of school made her think about the previous day...

--Flashback--

Yesterday was a very long and tiring day for Ari. She woke up still upset at her Pokemon Virtual account being deleted, and felt agitated all her time at school. Just before one of her classes, a boy she didn't particularly like approached her, smirking. This was Ken, who some people called a bully.
    "Guess what?" he bragged. "My Dialga's level 100 now, and I just took the last of the promotional Metagrosses from Marinda Village's event centre! I got it just this morning, when I went into my Pokemon Virt..."

Ken's talk angered Ari so much that she stabbed him in the neck with her mechanical pencil. He began crying when that happened, which caused some of the other students to laugh at him, but Ari soon found herself in the principal's office. The principal said to her that she was very close to getting some jail time, depending on how badly Ken was hurt. He also called her parents, who were just about to pick her up. But then, later on Ari mentioned something about having to use the restroom, which the principal accompanied her on the way to. However, out of desperation she squeezed her way through the bathroom window and ran away from the school, not stopping until she left Mauville City completely.

Later on that day, after Ari ran into Professor Birch, received her Treecko, made her way to Oldale Town, sent an email to Gon about her starting a Pokemon journey, and received an invitation into the Lyra Program, she planned to head for Petalburg City and board a boat for Pallet Town. She barely had enough money for the trip. So she headed west along the route to Petalburg, encountering several Pokemon along the way, but not wishing to capture any of them for now. She made it to Petalburg City with few problems, but as she started to head deeper into the city, a little boy stopped her and challenged her to a Pokemon battle. Ari really wasn't in the mood for a battle, mainly because she didn't want to risk losing money if she lost, but the boy kept pestering her, saying that it was rude to refuse a Pokemon battle. Eventually Ari decided to accept his challenge--besides, it would be more money for her if she won. The boy smiled and sent out his Pokemon: a Geodude.

Ari of course had to use Maverick for the battle, but the problem was that Maverick's only attacks were Pound and Leer; he would need just a little bit more battle experience to learn Absorb. During the battle, Geodude tried to Tackle Maverick, but Maverick proved to be a quick little Treecko, and was able to dodge all the Tackles. In some cases he even jumped on top of Geodude's head as he dodged and hit him with his tail, although that didn't do much damage. Ari then told Maverick to keep using Leer, as that would lower Geodude's defenses, then finish with a Pound. But in her mind she hoped that Maverick's dodging of Geodude's Tackles counted as "battle experience" and soon he would learn Absorb, which would defeat Geodude much more easily. Maverick did do some pretty fancy dodging--once or twice he leapt up and swung all the way around on a tree branch, landing behind Geodude and shouting at him. (Perhaps he was trying to learn Astonish?) Yet it turned out that the Leer thing didn't work, because the Geodude happened to know Defense Curl, and used that whenever Maverick used Leer. Eventually Maverick got tired from all the dodging, and during one dodge he didn't jump as high as he wanted to. Geodude took advantage of this by grabbing Maverick by the foot. Then he punched the poor Treecko a few times, knocking him out.

After losing the battle, Ari started to run past the boy, hoping to avoid having to give him money. Unfortunately, Officer Jenny happened to appear at that moment, and she also happened to have seen the last part of the battle.
    "You know the rules," Jenny said to Ari. "If you lose a Pokemon battle, you owe the winner half your money. Violation of this rule is the equivalent of stealing money."
    Ari didn't particularly like Jenny's analogy, but who was she to argue with a police officer? She heard that doing so always got the person into more trouble.

"It's just that now I can't afford my scheduled boat trip to Kanto," Ari commented as she handed the money over.
    "Well, that's tough luck," Jenny replied. "Perhaps you should thinking about doing some more training before traveling to a different region."
    "It's not that--I have an invitation to the Lyra Program, so I need to be in Pallet Town by tomorrow morning."
    "The what?" the boy piped in, only to be given a disapproving look from Jenny. The boy started to walk away.
    "...How am I supposed to get there now?" Ari finished.
    "This is why you shouldn't battle another trainer at times like this," Jenny nagged.
    "I was actually challenged to that battle, and he just talked me into it. But fine--maybe I'm just not meant to be in that stupid program."

With that, Ari walked away, headed for the Pokemon Centre to heal her Treecko. While she was asking Nurse Joy to do so, she explained what had happened and asked if there was any mode of transportation to anywhere near Pallet Town that costed under 1200 Pokedollars. Joy giggled and said no, but she mentioned that since she had no human assistants, she would pay Ari 1200 Pokedollars if she helped her cure some of the injured Pokemon, Maverick among them, that day. It turned out that that day got pretty hectic later on, for there was a huge beachside concert going on that night, and there were lots of people coming through the city, some of whom had occupied themselves with Pokemon battles before their arrival. Some of the equipment was a bit complicated, and an Electrike bit her on the arm, but the experience wasn't too bad, and she even helped Joy enter information about which Pokemon were cured and for what into a computer there. In the end, she got the money she earned, but by the that night the Pokemon Centre was packed with people and there was no place to sleep even in the lobby. With that she left, her final stop in the city being the post office, where she sent her notebooks and such in a package to her house, so that her bag was nearly empty.

--End Flashback--

Ari thought as she walked, and after a while she walked into a convenience store, which was nearly empty. Inside, she picked up a box containing a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste, then placed it in a basket full of scarves, which she pretended to rummage through. What she actually did, though, was take these items out of the box and hide them up her sleeve, then close the box (good thing it was opaque) and put it back on the shelf where she found it. Then she exited the store and re-entered the Pokemon Centre (Nurse Joy said good morning to her upon entering), immediately headed for the restroom there. There she brushed her teeth with what she had just shoplifted, and headed out again to catch her boat. On the way to the docks, she decided to keep Maverick inside his Pokeball. If she encountered any more trainers who wanted a Pokemon battle, she would just lie about not being a Pokemon trainer. Fortunately, though, she didn't have to do that, and made it to the docks without a problem.

The boat was not a huge ship but a small clipper, which skated across the ocean as smoothly as a running Arcanine. There were a few other people on the boat, mostly people who attended last night's beach concert and lived in Kanto. Ari didn't care much for that concert anyway--rock and roll just wasn't her kind of music. Speaking of music, while she was at it, Ari took out her mobile phone, which doubled as an MP3 player, and showed it to Maverick (she let him out of his Pokeball shortly after boarding the boat).

"I bet you've never seen one of these, have you?"
    "Treecko," Maverick answered, nodding. Then he took the phone, opened it, and held it to his ear--if he even had ears.
    "Oh you have, have you? Well, have you ever heard a phone do this?"
    With that, Ari took out a set of earphones, placing one of the buds into her ear and holding the other where she thought Maverick's ear was. She navigated to a music file on the phone, and a song played. The song started off with a few dancey drum beats and a cute little blippy tune, then a high-pitched female voice singing "Doo doo doo doo, yeah yeah yeah yeah..." The song continued on, a cute, fast-paced, dance-style song which Maverick was very tempted to dance to. Although all the lyrics were all in Swedish, Ari thought the song was cute anyway, not to mention it had become quite popular on the internet community she had become a part of.

After the song was over, the playlist played more music in that same or similar style. It was mostly Eurobeat, her favourite musical genre--obscure, though catchy and energetic and accompanied by cute little tunes in most cases. It was certainly just the thing to wake her up in the morning on her way to school (or her Pokemon journey, in this case). Yet the two didn't listen for very long, as Ari didn't bring the charger for the phone, which she didn't want to die. It was just a nice little thing to show Maverick.
    "and I heard Club Fancy, which plays this kind of music, is in Saffron City, which is in Kanto," Ari mentioned as she put the phone away, "and I'm pretty sure it's not too hard to pretend to be twenty. Maybe if we're lucky we can actually go there."
    "Tree-cko!" Maverick cheered, excited about the idea.

A couple of hours later, the boat arrived in Pallet Town, and Ari and Maverick walked off the dock and into the town. Soon after arriving, the two arrived at the meeting place, easily recognisable by the four prestigious Pokemon trainers standing there in a row. Ari had heard about the four of them from Internet gossip, though she really wasn't too concerned with the lives of celebrities nor was the kind of person to idolise such people. When Raj called her name, she took out her own deep purple Pokedex, and of course Maverick was still standing next to her. She didn't even have to say a word, nor receive anything except a few extra Pokeballs and a Potion. Now to wait for the others to get here and the journey to start...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OOC: Whoa, that first post turned out longer than I expected! Haha, kudos to everyone who can guess what the song mentioned in my post is.

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    ((OOC: We are currently not accepting any new member. We are also wait for some more members to make an opening post. And for the whole starter thing. Yes your character chooses your starter depending on he region, however they were originally supposed to receive their pokemon from the Lyra Program. There really is not contradiction. But yes I am still waiting for a few members to post before making this a completely open RP. Frozensnowman and Sajin we are waiting for you two. I you could please get up an opening post anytime soon. Thanks))

Last edited:

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    ((OOC: Because frozensnowman is being a lazy bum))

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    OOC: Hey! >.< I'm not being a lazy bum >.>... If you read the message I left Vindicated via Vistor Message you would know that I was without power yesterday because of a tornado! Don't worry I'm not mad because you called me a lazy bum :P I will add my post later (got to do some HW and pick classes for next year >.<) tonight to this post ;)

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    ((OOC: Everyone who has yet to post had contacted me and they have legit reasons. After the Champion's League match finishes I will be sure to post the second legit post and set this show on the road. I am giving them most of today so they can catch up, otherwise they will have to make it up in one long post. Thanks for your patience, sorta haha. But the RP should continue today.))

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    "AAHH!" she screamed from on top of her bed. Those wounds on her back seared in pain as if they were remembering each lash. Lucy rolled to the side of the bed near a nightstand and grasped onto while panting. Sweated flowed down from the feverish girl.

"A nightmare, eh?" she muttered to herself while scanning the top of the stand for something. "It's been a while... I can't believe I still have them" she continued muttering with a chill in her voice.

Her gaze locked on to a photo on the nightstand. It was a picture of a black-haired girl no older than seven being clutched by a smiling rather youthful woman in her thirties. A smile crawled upon Lucy's face, but the woman Lucy saw in that picture was a woman sucumbed by age on her death-bed with the same smile staring into her flesh. Tears begin pooring from her eyes and grasped the picture with both hands and held it in her chest. The tears fell faster.

"What a fool!" she screamed through the fit of tears. "Even still I love her" she continued muttering softly while the tears poured. Lucy's hands rubbed the back of the picture so tightly that something fell down from it. It was a picture of a man standing next to the women in the last photo except instead of laughter this picture had no life.

It silenced her in something similar to rage. Emotions ran over and she screamed shortly after the pause. This picture really was something terrible. The only thing she could do was tear it up and hold her tongue. She was done crying and she fumbled her fingers upon the clock to reveal the time.

It was late and the meeting would soon start. She dragged herself wearily into the shower and dressed herself. She slipped into a warm pair of slippers and applied a ridiculous amount of makeup. When she was done, her hair was in a ponytail and she looked much richer. She grabbed a bag from on top that famous nightstand and exited the hotel room. She was determined to forget. She was far away from home.

He was there, the taxi man before had kept his promise and was waiting for her. "I see you!" she shouted cheerfully to the almost a stranger.

The man took a puff of his cigarette before responding, "Hey baby!". Chills were sent down Lucy's back and she opened up the taxi door to enter it.

As she sat down and the driver began driving and she could spy his eyes staring at her chest from the mirror. She peeked down to see that her shirt had fallen down a bit, the man was a perv. Lucy began blushing as she pulled her shirt up. Her legs grew antsy with every second in that vehicle. Finally the vehicle stopped and she peered at the meter.

"Four dollars and thirty-seven cents?" she muttered in the back. She then exited the taxi and from outside his window she handed him five dollars. He accepted it and then a greedy look formed across his face. He stuffed the cash down her shirt. Lucy's face grew bright-red.

"PERVERT! A woman's body is not a tool!" she screamed at him and slapped him with her bag. She moved away clutching the top of her shirt and heading towards the great building.

She stumbled in while it was just starting and she had very little coordination. Her face was cherry-red and the harassment shook her knees. She teeter around the room and all sounds were oblivous to her until a strong voice penetrated her and she took a seat.

"Alright let's get started. I am sure you know all of us but just in case we will introduce ourselves," one woman spoke. "I am Maria Maranette, I am current Champion of the Sinnoh League,". Lucy was mesmorized.

"Eah. I am Raj. Raj Mar' of Hoen," the guy next to Maria said causing her to chuckle. These people began to intrigue her.

"Jason Paran, I will soon follow in Sujima's footsteps and defeat all current leagues," Jason claimed, Maria chuckled. Lucy couldn't help chuckling as well with Maria.

"Yes, as Jason hinted, I am Sujima Nakamura of Johto," he ended quickly. "Let us begin? Raj, who will be first."

"Uh huh right. Some of you have already received your first pokemon. Others of you still need to choose yours. Once we choose you please come up here, introduce yourself, and tell us what region you are from. And to begin us… as an old book said, may the last be first," Raj began to call a roll of sorts. It was obvious what he meant and she stared towards the pondering last arrival. She knew that was pretty late so while the young girl spoke with the man she began moving towards the stage and soon enough it was her turn.

"Well! Another Johto starter!" the man upfront jested. "Since you're from the Johto region..."

The man's words were cut off by a sudden interjection of thoughts, "My region? My father's region? So he still continues to hold me down!". She stomped loudly at the end.

"Ah, so you've decided?" the man responded to her stamp. Lucy had returned to earth to find three pokeballs in front of her.

"Uh... this one!" she shouted unsurely and taking the middle pokeball.

"Cyndaquil! Nice choice!" the man winked at her and handed her a redish-orange pokedex, a few pokeballs, and a potion.

OOC: There! Finally got something posted! Geez, this was longer than I thought it would be >.<

Vindicated

Really?
    Years
    ((OOC: The Lyra Program OOC thread is up, about mid-page. Feel free to chat all you want. Also I want you guys to know that the Lyra Program has more trainers then just our characters in it. It has around twenty in all. Feel free to write about them, and even personalize them like I did with drew. Any questions? Post them in the OOC thread and also just have fun chatting in it.))

"How did we get here?"​

~Flashback~

Catherine looked up at the clock and then to the students around her. She only had fifteen minutes to finish this test and most of her classmates had completed it. Staring at the last page of schoolwork she would see before her journey, Catherine began to complete her multiple-choice questions. Minutes later she had finished her five page test on pokemon types, and turned it in. The bell rang before she could get to her seat. Dodging the rush of students, she made her way back to her seat and grabbed her bag. Exiting the door Catherine had developed an anxious feeling of freedom. She only had one more period left of education before the summer.

The almost graduate made her way down the hallway to her last class. They had already taken the final and they would just hang out. Entering the room, Catherine was abruptly pulled aside. It was Mr. Radaman. Standing next to him was Drew, a jock. "I presume that you two thought this would be a period of leisure, however something has come up. Can you two please go to the forum?" His words at first scared Catherine, but in the end only an uneasy feeling was left in her stomach. She followed Drew out the door. He was probably the best battler at the school. He had won the tournament at school just a few weeks prior with the school's pokemon.

The girl's cell phone broke the silent walk. The phone vibrated loudly in her bag, somewhat embarrassed, she removed it. Karly, her best friend, had texted her wondering why she wasn't in class. Catherine replied honestly, she had no clue. "So why do you think they wanted us two? We aren't exactly friends, or partners in crime," Drew's cool and composed stature remained like always. Catherine had trouble decoding his speech as serious or sarcastic.

"I have no cl…" she was interrupted mid-sentence.

"I mean you didn't make up some random story about me? Or one of your friends? This isn't some prank, you know I have a future! I cannot waste my time with made up drama!" He somewhat attacked the clueless girl. He had also implied that he was the only one with a future.

"I don't think so. I haven't done anything," Catherine weakly applied.

"Fine. Let's just go in," He opened the door for the girl and the two entered together. The half auditorium was already filled with about two other kids. They were all Catherine's grade.

"Awe! There they are," Catherine's principal came walking over and shook both their hands. He then guided them over to two other adults. Drew's cool walk stopped in fact he looked quite nervous. Catherine studied the adults in front of her, and finally it hit her. The Sinnoh Region's champion stood in front of the four kids. Smiling she pulled out four packets and four pamphlets. "The pamphlet is information about the Lyra Program, and these four packets are your applications," All four students grabbed their papers and sat down in the front row. The celebrity stunned all of them, including Drew. After they had looked at the information, Catherine was somewhat skeptical of her ability of being a trainer, much less in a high performance program like this. An hour passed, the bell rang and the students were still unable to finish half their application. Catherine yearned to just give up and leave school with her friends; she fought it off for the chance of entering such a prestigious program. It wasn't like the Lyra Program was unheard of or a myth, many great trainers spent their early years in the tutorage of the program. Maria, the Sinnoh champion, was one of them along with Jason a top Kanto trainer. Both of which were now teachers in the program.

Another hour dragged on, she could finally sense the finish line. Catherine turned the page and found she finished first. You could tell she cared the least of the four students. The young female doubted that she would be accepted into the program, even if her grades were fantastic.

~End of Flashback~

"Alright we will allow you time to meet your new pokemon and ready yourself for your journey. We will speak again in about ten minutes. Meet your pokemon and fellow trainers. Thank you," Maria spoke quite loudly, signaling the end of the pokemon selection process.

One dream seemed so far way… so unlikely… the fact that she was standing where she was felt unreal. Her blank face, and nervous stature told the story. Holding her new pokemon, she neglected to send it out. She didn't want to meet it just yet. She had much different feelings about pokemon then most young trainers. Although she didn't hate them, she wasn't necessarily partial to them either. Minimizing the pokeball, she placed it into a slot in her bag. Slouching the bag onto her small shoulder she stood there observing the other trainers. Most of them had their pokemon out already.

"Alright everyone, gather 'round," Raj motioned for all the trainers to come near him. "Your lesson will be short and sweet. However, this will be the most important lesson." Catherine smiled it was funny. How could this be the most important thing she would learn on her journey if she had yet to do anything at all? "Remember you and your pokemon will develop relationships and bonds above all else. There are different ways to approach this relationship. You can either choose to become best of friends, or love each other as much as business partners. Both are equally successful, but you must remain consistent." Catherine preferred the second choice. "You must not, be a friend to your pokemon one moment then punish it next. How would you feel if your best friend was kind to you one moment then attack you the next." Catherine understood what he was talking about. She could pin-point several times in her life where her friends had been generous one second and stabbed her in the back the next. "However, you must keep your creatures responsible. Just like a friend calls you out on a mistake you; you must call their mistakes to them. Every trainer has a different style, but you must be consistent," Raj ended there. His words did not sound like a speech at all, in fact it seemed much like a poem from a famous play. "Welcome to the pokemon world and have fun on your journey," Raj ended his sentence, and the four mentors disappeared almost immediately. They seemed to want to interfere with their journey as least as possible.

Catherine was a little uneasy. They had left. Just left. It was only common sense that she should travel to Pewter City, however there was a small town and a forest in her way. The new trainer did not want to travel alone. She thought it smart to meet a few people. Locating the nearest fence, she leaned on it and waited for someone to come her way. Sure enough someone did. In fact it was someone quite familiar to Catherine, it was Drew. His black, spiked hair and cool swagger was quite mundane to the girl. "Hey, I am glad to see you here," Drew made the first move.

Catherine's insides crunched up. He was glad to see her. "As am I. I didn't see you here till now," it was all she could conjure up. For some reason she was nervous.

"Oh. Well you are too hard not to notice. You looked scared to death earlier. You okay?"

Catherine answered not knowing if his previous statement was an insult or compliment, "Yah, I guess it's a moment I have been waiting all my life for. I didn't want to screw up." A moment of awkward silence followed. Drew pulled his black sunglasses out and stuck them on top of his head, but not over his eyes. For some reason everything the boy did seemed to be cool. Catherine crossed her legs. Drew stared at them for a second or two. After a few seconds the two began to articulate their thoughts and plans. The two continued to talk about almost anything including old memories. Catherine could not help but wonder if anyone else would come. Catherine could also not help but notice the boy who Maria had called out Tommy. He seemed interesting…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back