• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The manga vs anime storyline

Years
    Ok....Scans?

I think both onemanga and mangafox miss a lot of episodes.

I know this is off-topic but to answer your question: No...Mangafox isn't missing any CHAPTERS up to Vol.28 (Even though I wish I can say "Episodes" XD) and Onemanga has the DragonGuard scanlation up to the end of the Yellow Arc.

The reason we don't have Vol.29 & 30 (The latest volume from Japan) on Mangafox is because Chuang Yi has not translated them yet. (Most scans in Mangafox are the "Official" Chuang Yi Singaporean translations)

Based on what I can see here in PC or the PokeScans club for that matter (The only place next to DragonGuard that has an active PokeSpe scanlation community) is that Ryan is translating the Chinese PokeSpe Vol.29 (Yes I pick option #1) and also I would like to thank Durial again for scanning the recent volumes released in Mangafox.

Also Viz is going to re-release full volumes of PokeSpe in the US starting June-July
    Well that's what's on the top of my head anyways. =D

Ok for on-topicness...The anime is getting better but diverged it's storyline from the games quite a bit...Yes PokeSpe also does this to quite an extent but the fresh storylines and engaging characters really makes it...awesome to say the least. ^_^

Hejlug

Gamemaker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    Sorry,my english isnt the best.By episodes i mean chapters.
    Maybe i mixed mangafox with something else.
    PS.Off topic,but why are the pages in high quality 200 kilobyte jpeg images?Png format will probably offer better compression algorithm,smaller size for 'grayscale' images.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    That is true the video games you cannot see inside of the video games Pokeballs either and you only know which Pokemon is which by clicking on the word 'Pokemon'. Both the anime and the Pokemon Spceial have different interpetion from Pokemon from the video games from each other.

About the pairings it is your opinion. There are also some pairings I do not really care for some pairings or really dislike and I can kind of see what you are talking about because Silver and Crystal did not have much interaction in the Pokemon Special and their game counterparts who they are based off of are rivals.

Also there is said to be another manga called Pocket Monster Zensho which I heard was closer to the games than Pokemon Special, but I have not read it though and it has not been released or translated in English.

Yes I do like the Pokemon Special people and I read it so do not interpet my words that I hate it and as a matter of fact that the mangas I read this far has a different plots from the games which is in my opinion a good thing because if all of the Pokemon mangas had the same exactly plot as the video games they will get to uninteresting for me.

I really quite agree with you on all of your points. I've heard about PMZ, too and I want to read it. I keep reading about the Golden Boys Pokémon manga which is about second gen. I want to read that one as well. Actually, People have also accused me of hating the manga as well. Then I tell them to go back and read my post. -.-;

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I really quite agree with you on all of your points. I've heard about PMZ, too and I want to read it. I keep reading about the Golden Boys Pokémon manga which is about second gen. I want to read that one as well. Actually, People have also accused me of hating the manga as well. Then I tell them to go back and read my post. -.-;
    I want the read Golden Boys as well I heard of it. I try searching for other Pokemon mangas on the internet that are out of stock or are not sold in the country where I live.
    I will admit that the Pokemon Special does have it pros, but it also has it cons as well just like the anime.

GSC arc
    One was mention earlier so I am not going to repeat it. I wonder why they let Pryce get sent to another dimension. What will the writers of Pokemon Special will do if Game Freak decides to bring him back in a future game as they can easily bring Pryce back as they did Jasmine though the writer could find a way for him to escape it.

In the FRLG saga the writers did not developed Blue's parents character and they had no dialogue and makes it seems like they are not important in the story. They did not give Red a backstory which seems ironic since he his the first main character to appear about what happen to any of his parents or any other relative.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    So the manga, the anime is just a repetitive pile of junk, the manga is a plot filled book of awesomeness.

Pokemon Manga> Pokemon Anime

Years
    Replies?

I Do remember seeing a website which had scanlations of "Pokemon Journey" can't remember where though. XD
    Golden Boys? Never really finished from what I heard but I would still like to read more Pokemon Manga's. I'm not sure I would understand the Slap-stick in "Pocket Monsters" though. =/

Well Mika, I asked that question of how come Pryce is sent swirling through the time-space continuum while Ruby gets HIS wish of bringing everyone back. >=O

Well yes in the FRLG saga, Blues parents didn't do anything except being "the damsel in distress" But we have to remember that the 'Dex holders WERE TURNED INTO STONE for an entire arc so...maybe more character development in the DPP arc?
    And yes...we definitely need some back story for Red. He's the frekin' Kanto-Johto League Champion for crying out loud! Maybe add Yellow in there too!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I did not know you have answered that question. I am sorry if I repeated your question. I agree with you Netto Azure both Red and could use a backstory and that flashback of Yellow in the Yellow arc did not really tell us much about her either. I hope there will be more character development in DPPt.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    They only told us the small back story about red and yellow
    Spoiler:

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    I Do remember seeing a website which had scanlations of "Pokemon Journey" can't remember where though. XD
    Golden Boys? Never really finished from what I heard but I would still like to read more Pokemon Manga's. I'm not sure I would understand the Slap-stick in "Pocket Monsters" though. =/
    From what I've read of Golden Boys, I love it. I really want to get to Chris though... I'm pretty sure she'd be a more accurate representation of my idea of her that the anime and PokéSupé. As for Pocket Monsters, the art offs me a bit, but the comedy might my amusing.

Well Mika, I asked that question of how come Pryce is sent swirling through the time-space continuum while Ruby gets HIS wish of bringing everyone back. >=O
    Exactly! It's not fair! I'm also mad that he was portrayed as a mean guy who kidnapped children. Sure we learn otherwise, but he's still a kidnapper. I was pretty upset at the way they portrayed other characters as well, but I should stop. I'll start another rant.

Well yes in the FRLG saga, Blues parents didn't do anything except being "the damsel in distress" But we have to remember that the 'Dex holders WERE TURNED INTO STONE for an entire arc so...maybe more character development in the DPP arc?
    And yes...we definitely need some back story for Red. He's the frekin' Kanto-Johto League Champion for crying out loud! Maybe add Yellow in there too!
    That was probably one of the first things I noticed. When I first read it, I was wondering, "So when are we gonna see Red'd mom?" I don't recall them including Copycat. =( She was mah favorite side character. (Please redirect me if I'm wrong, but I really can't remember seeing her)
    My replies in small, italicized, bold, font.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    My replies in small, italicized, bold, font.
    I have not seen Copycat either. I wonder where Red's mother was too and why she did not appear in any of the arc and not seen the writers just made it seem like Red just came out of thin air. May be someone that knows Japanese should send the writer of Pokemon Special a letter about that. I know what you mean about the portaryal of the characters like Elite Four members and Gym Leaders, but there was this movie based off another video game and it was far much worse and most of the character that were good and neutral in the video game was portrayed to be evil and they ended up dying with no backstory was given to them in the movie at all.

Last edited:
    Back