• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Masterball (what do you use it on?)

pokefreak2

I can't believe you read this
    Years
    I only use my master ball on those stupid roaming pokemon or shinies
    i learned my lesson in ruby saphire and emerald throw ultra ball at Latios/latias BREAK FREE Latios/latias IS MEAN AND RUNS AWAY

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I always use it on a roaming Pokémon. Otherwise I don't care. I used it on a Venomoth or something in Red... Haha.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I try not to use it, but I know that I have before. I think I've used it on Entei, Groudon, and that's all I can remember.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    Mewtwo in Blue
    Lugia in Silver
    Kyogre in Sapphire
    And I haven't used it in 4th gen.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    It borders on cheating, but in Colosseum I used the Infinite Master Ball glitch, and I cloned it using the Emerald cloning glitch :) So, technically, I have infinite Master Balls, but I only use it on stuff that's actually worthwhile (or in Colosseum, since Snag Balls drive me berserk).

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    On my first runthrough of Fire Red I used it on a Ditto. Good times, good times... Anyway, I usually save the Master Ball for a regional Legendary of undetermined identity with the exception of Emerald - I'll be using it on a Bananadon* then.

*Shiny Groudon

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I always use it on the roaming Pokemon. I love the challenge of trying to capture the harder legendaries like Lugia/Kyogre/Mewtwo/etc. However, I have no patience for those like Latias and Suicune.

Sometimes I don't even have the patience for the roaming ones. I just skipped Suicune in FR. If I happen to run into it (like Latias in Sapphire) I'll use it. Otherwise, it just ends up being unused.

I remember the first time I saw a roaming Pokemon. It was an Entei in Silver, and I was all, "OMGOMGRAREPOKEMON! TYPHLOSION USE... it ran?" I promised myself to use MasterBalls on those Pokemon from that day. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Red - I used it on Articuno because he was annoying me
    Silver - I used it on Raikou because I HAD to have him
    Ruby - I never used it because the pokemon there were so easy to catch
    Fire Red - I used it on Zapdos because I ran out of all of my pokeballs (then I sobbed right after)

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
    Red - Mewtwo ( I was 6 and thought I couldn't catch It with normal balls)
    Gold - Never used it
    Emerald - Rayquaza ( I was underleveled and he killed me with one hit)
    Pearl - Never used it

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    I generally don't use them, I prefer to save them and then transfer them over. I have about 6 on Pearl. I only use them if I want a legendary with a specific nature so I can quickly catch them until I find a decent one.

Crusher

Hell yeah, I'm sexy.
    Years
    I just use it for the hardest legends. I think I've used it for Mewtwo everytime I played Fire red. It was just soo powerful at lv 70. xD;

Apart from Mewtwo, I've used it on the moving legends like mesprit and Lati@s in Diamond and Ruby/Sapphire respectively. xD;

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    Yellow: None (Caught Mewtwo, Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres with Ultra balls.)
    Crystal: Entei (I hate roaming Pokemon!)
    Emerald: Latias/Latios (Once again, I hate roaming!)
    Platinum: Cresselia (You can see where I'm going with this...)

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    Blue/Yellow - I glitched the mastball so i caught all of them
    Leaf Green - Mewtwo
    Emerald - Cloned the Masterball and caught Rayquaza and Latios
    Pearl - Sent Heaps of Masterballs from Emerald and caught the non event ones
    Platinum - Sent a few from Emerald and caught the annoying roaming ones

Back