• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Meaning of Life

Do you think every individual has a different purpose in life?

• Yes

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I agree with sims, why does there only have to be one meaning of life? Why can't each of us believe what we want to believe? Honestly, if there really is a universal meaning to life as we know it, it's still a question that is way too big to have legitimate answers, so we're left to wonder. Those that absolutely need answers to this question believe what they want to believe, mostly through religion and personal outlooks on life.

I choose not to trouble myself with pondering how the universe was created or when time actually began, because we will probably never know the answers to these questions. Now if we're talking about human life and where it came from, evolution is the obvious answer. But as for the "meaning of life", to each his own I suppose.

Pokehero22

Pokemon Virus Version Creator
    Years
    Well, I think the meaning of life is just to have fun, I mean, you only get one life right?

But, the Scientific meaning of life is just to reproduce. For animals of course.

Hmm... The meaning of life is just to try to get as good of an education as you can.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
    I personally don't believe in reincarnation, because if it were true, then a declining or growing world population would be very hard to explain numerically. Although, I suppose magic doesn't have to follow logical rules, now, does it?

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I think it goes beyond "magic". And it's much more iin-depth than the way you've explained it. I don't know enough to give a lecture, but I believe that the process of reicarnation is done until the soul "reuinites with the world". A very peaceful religion. And, as I (and Apu) said, you will be reincarnated into different lives. Be it human, rabbit, tree, etc. If you want more info on reincarnation, look up its religion.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    Yeah, I just KNEW somebody would say the 42 thing...

Which is why I put it in the banner...I hoped people would see that...

:/

Anyway, back onto topic...

If you were reincarnated as a tree, would you be able to think and feel emotions? So if somebody were cutting you down, you would be in torturous pain?

And @ Lusankya: If you could be reincarnated as flies and whatnot, that would explain the variation in human population.

sims796

Years
    Oh for God's sake, this is getting out of hand. If ya wanna know more about it, go look up the corresponding religion. I dont understand (or care) enough to really tell you more about it, unfortunately.

Now I've spoken about my views on the Meaning of Life (this is the third thread about this, I'm surprised it lasted so long; others are closed early for some reason), and how that is up to the individual. No real answer can be given, so as I said, figure it out for yourself.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Anyway, back onto topic...

If you were reincarnated as a tree, would you be able to think and feel emotions? So if somebody were cutting you down, you would be in torturous pain?

:| Um, what's up with that question? That's extremely strange to ask someone.

Well, I suppose I'll answer it:
    Having been a tree in my past life, I'm afraid I felt nothing when that ugly fat man came to cut me down and used my branches for firewood.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013

Having had an RS lesson today, I came back to this thread invigorated.

Silly me.

If you aren't enthusiastic, please do not waste your time posting here. Please post if this actually interests you, and you aren't just going to tell me to find out the meaning of life myself.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE MEANING OF LIFE, WHAT I AM INTERESTED IS EVERYBODY ELSE'S OPINION ON THE MATTER!!!

Heck, meaning no disrespect, if I was interested in the meaning of life, I probably would found my own religion.

-.-

Gah.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Not to start an argument here or anything, but by creating this thread it shows that you are interested in not just everyone else's opinions, but the subject itself.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    It's unclear if you are joking or not...

Lol.

I'll just assume you're joking.

sims796

Years
    Um, yeah. That was aimmed at everyone as an individual, not just you. Meaning, everyone must find their own meaning of life.

Sersiously. I strongly agree with Patchisou Yutohru on this one. If you aren't interested in the subject, and just in the opinions of others, then put this in the voting poll, not in the discussions thread, as their is no discussion. Dont bring up any other topics, such as reincarnation, as that is its own discussion, and its own religion, even.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    Did you not c mr laughing person. XD
    If your still unclear i am joking

You are? Gee, I would never have guessed...

Okay, Mod.s, close this thread then. The enthusiasm from the others has slowly thinned out...and besides, I have a new idea for a fun thread...

Spoiler:

^^

Coming soon to a PC (as in BOTH PokeCommunity and Personal Computer! Yay, bad puns! ^^) near you!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    The enthusiasm from the others has slowly thinned out...

I felt rather compelled to reply to this: I'm sorry, I don't see how the enthusiasm is thinning when you're asking questions that are drifting into religion. Usually when someone gets into the topic of religion, people aren't going to be sharing their views as much as when it's something such as a simple question because they are really rather personal compared to, as said, a simple question. Along with that, you see how people react when someone disagrees with them. Sims posted about this in the post your problems thread, I believe, at how some people just don't respect the views of religion around here with others.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    Meh, well, to be honest, I am more excited about my other idea...

^^

And I've kinda just lost enthusiasm for this as well...

-.-

But don't worry, I will resurrect this some time in the future.

sims796

Years
    I felt rather compelled to reply to this: I'm sorry, I don't see how the enthusiasm is thinning when you're asking questions that are drifting into religion. Usually when someone gets into the topic of religion, people aren't going to be sharing their views as much as when it's something such as a simple question because they are really rather personal compared to, as said, a simple question. Along with that, you see how people react when someone disagrees with them. Sims posted about this in the post your problems thread, I believe, at how some people just don't respect the views of religion around here with others.

I somewhat agree, but disagree. While I agree with everything that you said, I think that the enthusiasm died because there was no real discussion to begin with. Everyone has already giving their "I think the meaning of life is..." or "there is no meaning of life because...". No real discussion, and no real topic. Bad enough the thread started difting from the original topic. And there is a voting poll on top.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    Seriously though, I don't think you are, but don't blame yourselves (fully :P)

I am just bored of this now...

And I am much more excited about over things now!

EDIT: Ahaha...

A Mod. closed my thread on picking random numbers. So much for that.

Last edited:
    Back