• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Meaning of Life

Do you think every individual has a different purpose in life?

• Yes

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

Miyukii

ShweetyパイPopzz♥
    Years
    Yes. I do think there is. Because there is one that is true: To enjoy life. It's a bit obvious that you don't want a bad life.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    Well... I tend to look at life from a very... scientific point of view I guess. I don't think life HAS any meaning. I think we're just here to carry on the human race. We're just here to make sure our species doesn't go extinct. I think everything we do can be tied into that. We try to find "love" because we are looking for someone with what we believe to have "perfect" genes, that way our children will get those genes, and the human race will become a little bit better.

I don't quite understand what you mean.
    Could you please explain it for me?
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the win! They made this super-computer and asked it: "What is the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything?" And the computer said "42." They didn't get it, so the computer told them that they didn't know the question. So they built Earth to find the question to the answer!
    Douglas Adams is love <3

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    It's really hard to saw. Some people are defiantly, and the rest is maybe.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    To me, the meaning of life is to do something while I'm still here. The reason why I'm studying Biomedical sciences is because its one of the few areas in which you can make the hugest differences in others.

To me, the meaning of life is to live it with a nobel purpose that you never get distracted from. Sitting home watching TV for a life isn't a nobel purpose. Having parties 3 times a week isn't a nobel purpose. A nobel purpose, in my opinion, is something that requires your most attention and dedication. It's something that immortalizes you after you're dead.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    The meaning of life is 42...

Hmm...

You may not know it, but it isn't just a random number. Apparently, 42 is a magic number...

*Goes to wikipedia*

Oh, research it yourself, it's too complicated to explain. But it's enlightening.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Meh, if I think about the meaning of life too much, I realise that there is no point and get depressed. :(

I might say that there is no meaning to life, as all life will eventually end, in my opinion. and even if it doesn't, whatever contribution I make to the world in general will eventually be forgotten.

Wow, this is depressing...life has no point...*cries*

Flex-Mon

The Key is in here <3...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Humans cannot possibly hope to fully understand life and it's "purpose". Honestly, I believe we are here purely by coincidence. Earth happened to have particular conditions that gave life a chance to develop and evolution to occur, and here we are! I don't believe in other forces guiding our lives here on earth. I believe that we are simply creatures like any other, but our higher intelligence gives us the ability to ponder our own existence. Honestly, we can wonder all we want, but there's no way for us to find out the answers (at least right now).

I agree I dont think we will never really find the purpose of life. Im not talking in a religous sense but I do believe that we were all made in this world for a purpose wether it is to be a leader, support someone, inspire people, motivate, ect. I think we all have a great purpose and that no matter what, and I do know there are many people that believe that they are insignifigant and do not have large impacts on peoples lives but you would be surprised how wrong you are.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2013
    Meh, if I think about the meaning of life too much, I realise that there is no point and get depressed. :(

I might say that there is no meaning to life, as all life will eventually end, in my opinion. and even if it doesn't, whatever contribution I make to the world in general will eventually be forgotten.

Wow, this is depressing...life has no point...*cries*

Nice to see the thread alive...oops...

Has it been 28 days?
    No? Good good.

I was just thinking about that earlier this evening...about how each day I'm just basically doing the same thing, over and over again...

X_X And I think I have Cross-Country tomorrow...

The meaning of life? It's what you make it as. You define it yourself. For to one life may have a meaning to them while to another it may not. So I chose maybe.

Interesting...

I agree I dont think we will never really find the purpose of life. Im not talking in a religous sense but I do believe that we were all made in this world for a purpose wether it is to be a leader, support someone, inspire people, motivate, ect. I think we all have a great purpose and that no matter what, and I do know there are many people that believe that they are insignifigant and do not have large impacts on peoples lives but you would be surprised how wrong you are.

Gah...my brain's just died on me...

-.-

Sorry, no personal offense, it's just that I'm cracking up at the thought of cross-country tomorrow.

Right...back to the topic...

@Flex-Mon: If you don't know what your purpose in life is, when will you know if you've completed it? Say, if I had a purpose to be the world's greatest cross-country runner, and I became the world's greatest cross-country runner, what would happen to me? Would I just get a NEW purpose in life?

...God, I hate cross-country.

>.<

EDIT: Guess who didn't have cross country today? Seriously, guess. I don't know anybody at my school who didn't have cross country today...apart from EVERYBODY :)

Sorry. Life suddenly seems worthwhile again.

At least until Games next week... :/

Last edited:
    Back