• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Forgettable Pokemon

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
  • Which Pokemon can you never remember? The ones that make you think for a few seconds when you hear their name, the ones you sometimes don't even remember at all when you hear their names?

Which Pokemon do you forget EXIST?

Regional Awards:

Most-Forgotten Region: Hoenn
    Obviously it's not Kanto with all the retrofags running about. It's not Johto for the same reason, plus because we got HeartGold and SoulSilver. Sinnoh is too new to be forgotten. The lone one? Hoenn, the region which everyone hated to be in and didn't really have anything special to offer.

Most-Forgotten Gen I Pokémon: Paras
    Paras was always the odd one out. His Grass / Bug typing makes him utterly useless against a lot of Pokemon, and he's too slow to even compete in battles. His signature move, Spore, was stolen by Breloom (who does it a lot better). The only time he was really useful was in FRLG when Tinymushroom replaced Heart Scale at the Move Relearner, but the role has since been reverted. At least he can boast that he's the only Pokemon with an 8x weakness (to Fire).

Most-Forgotten Gen II Pokémon: Ledian
    Ledian takes the cake over Qwilfish and Sunkern. It's a pretty close battle. Qwilfish boasts about being almost completely forgotten as a gimmicky "easter-egg" sort Pokemon that can only be found on certain days in one area, and Sunkern can brag about how it's actually the worst Pokemon (save Magikarp), even losing against Luvdisc. Now, since this entire paragraph has been about Qwilfish and Sunkern, you can tell I really don't care about Ledian at all. Poor guy got Swarm in Gen III, but couldn't even use it since he didn't learn any Bug-type attacks (except Silver Wind) until Gen IV.

Most-Forgotten Gen III Pokémon: Barboach
    It was a hard pick, since I don't think any of Gen III could be forgotten, really. If I had to choose, though, it'd be Barboach, the Pokemon that is constantly overshadowed by its evolutionary form. Even then, people always seem to prefer its distant type cousins, Quagsire and Gastrodon. Barboach is just plain unremarkable: it's not small enough to be the smallest Pokemon, nor is it light enough to be the lightest. Who knew Barboach could learn Spark by breeding? And who really cares that it's the only non-Electric-type to learn the move? No one, that's who.

Most-Forgotten Gen IV Pokémon: Chatot
    This one was also a close call between him, Finneon and Carnivine. I picked Chatot because Finneon already receives enough hate for being completely useless, stupid, and not worth it and Carnivine... Well, Chatot sucks more than Carnivine. Even though Carnivine has near zero uniqueness in the anime, stealing Victreebel's quirks and foibles, he actually appears frequently enough for us not to forget about him. I'm still convinced Chatot was only added to the game to display the gimmicky voice features on the DS with its Chatter move. Pretty paltry at that too.

Legendary Awards:

Most-Forgotten Legendary: Phione

Most-Forgotten Gen I Legendary: Moltres
    Regrettably, I'd give this one to Moltres. While all of the legendaries in Gen I are pretty well known, I picked Moltres because of a variety of reasons. Firstly, it's neither Mew nor Mewtwo because somehow little kids think they are the strongest Pokemons. Zapdos takes the role of electrical terror in competitive battling and Articuno is just plain pretty and everyone loves it. Moltres is the one who gets all the flak for being the ugliest swan-turkey thing and he's got nothing special about him in terms of battling; almost all Fire-types can do what he offers.

Most-Forgotten Gen II Legendary: Celebi
    Ugh, this guy again? From the very beginning, we were never really given a chance to get to know Celebi. He was locked up in the games and few actually got to get one legit in his debut series. His movie was unremarkable and his powers are poor at best. Really, no one even cares about his powers of time travel or his role as "Forest Guardian." They just want to draw him sitting around, looking cute, in a fuzzy setting where there's too much sun and grass.

Most-Forgotten Gen III Legendary: Regirock
    Even though he's one of my favorites, I grudgingly pick Regirock out of all the Hoenn legendaries. It's obvious that none of the members of the big trio is going to win and neither are Latios, Latias, Jirachi, and Deoxys because of their movie glory, so all that's left are the three Regis. I picked Regirock because he's exactly like his brothers... Only there's nothing really special about a Pokemon made out of rock. It's already been done with Golem, who Regirock is just a glorified form of. Oh, woo-hoo, a Rock-type that can learn Zap Cannon. That's about all that's special about him (and Nosepass can do it better).

Most-Forgotten Gen IV Legendary: Phione
    Who? Oh, right, that blob that hatches from Manaphy eggs. Manaphy? Who? Oh right, that guy from that movie. Well... Moving on now...

Categorical Awards:

Most-Forgotten Starter: Umbreon
    Wait, what? Oh, that's right. Umbreon was a starter in Pokemon Colosseum! Whenever people say starter, they always associate it with one of the Fire, Grass, or Water-types in the handheld games, but technically Pikachu, Espeon, Umbreon, and Eevee are still "starters" (though if you wanted to be pedantic, so are Rattata, Machop, Azurill, and Elekid, amongst others in Mystery Dungeon). I picked Umbreon because I feel he gets the least love out of the lot of them. Sorry, Umbreon lovers.

Most-Forgotten Form of Eevee: Flareon
    I don't think any of the Eevee evolutions are truly forgotten, but I think Flareon is the one which isn't hyped up as much as the others. That, and the fact that he's a physically oriented Fire-type that only learns one physical Fire-type attack. He can learn Rain Dance, though, which is rare amongst Fire-types (but why would you want to teach him that?).

Most-Forgotten Pseudo-Legendary: Dragonite
    It's definitely not Metagross, since I see that badass running around everywhere on competitive teams and on fanpages as well. It's not Garchomp since that kid is too good of a Pokemon and too cool looking. It's not Tyranitar for the same reasons. It's not Salamence because even his name evokes a sense of respect (SpecsMence :(). Sorry, Dragonite, it seems you just aren't cool enough to hang with the rest of the pseudos. Stop smiling, grow some spikes, lose some weight, and get bigger wings.

Most-Forgotten Baby Pokémon: Mantyke
    I almost gave this one away to Tyrogue. Mantyke is one big fail of a baby Pokemon. It failed to receive the hype Pichu, Cleffa, Magby and the like got when Baby Pokemon were first introduced, and then it failed to meet the standards Azurill and Wynaut made when they introduced held-item breeding. Budew and Chingling are common Pokemon in Sinnoh. Bonsly and Mime Jr. have the honor of being version-exclusives as well as TV stars along with Happiny and Munchlax. Riolu is fanned too much by Lucario (who isn't that cool, guys). Mantyke is so useless, it can't even evolve by itself; it needs the help of a Remoraid in the party.

Most-Forgotten Vendor Trash Pokémon: Hoothoot
    I classify "Vendor Trash" as any Pokemon you can readily find in the start of the game that has a high catch-rate. Among that category, Outside of a few episodes, he hasn't appeared anywhere and his roles as a Pokemon kind of fail. He can't learn Cut, Surf, Strength, Dig, Whirlpool, or Waterfall like most of the other land-based ones and he can't compete in battle as well as the other flying-type ones. The biggest use for him usually boils down to Hypnosis and Fly. That, added to the fact that you can only find him at nighttime means he's the most useless AND inconvenient Vendor Trash Pokemon around.

Most-Forgotten Fossil Pokémon: Anorith
    Clearly, it has a smaller fanbase than Lileep. Lileep is on atleast one or two sigs, but how many times have you seen Anorith on one? There where no other fossils to give this one to, so sorry, Anorith.

Most-Forgotten Caught-on-a-Rod Pokémon: Goldeen
    More like Faildeen. Even though it was a main character, it was seldom used because there was never any place to use it. In battle, it was weak and failed to meet the standards of battle. Apparently, its trademark move is Splash, which it fails to even learn. Its design is a goldfish with a horn. All in all, a big stupid fail. This could explain why Goldeen is so easily forgettable. Sorry, Qwilfish, you lost another one.
    *Everything in the quote box is courtesy of Gymnotide.

Well? What are yours?

Last edited:

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
  • You know i dont wanna sound like an expert but i kinda remember almost all pokemon from all gens up to the third, its just that thanks to the anime and the games i have never forgotten any of them (i played ruby like 5 times start to finish! and watched almost all the episodes up to battle frontier). Sometimes i forget the names of 1 or 2 pokes, but i can remember how they look and if you tell me its name i can definetly remember it. I still dont know or recognize all the pokemon from the IV since i havent played the game long enough and also i have missed a lot of the anime lately, but it will not be long before i finally memorize all of them too. But if you want a name i guess that would be SUNKERN, I once forgot of its name almost completely and couldn't remember it till I saw its name again!

Hey, I though your thread was about pokemon that have almost never appeared in the anime or it has been long since they appeared last. Hey you gave me an idea thanks!

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • I mostly not forget pokemon,but i have never seen an Absol in the wild, and forgot about it for a long time. O_o
    I never really took much notice of Scarmory, about a year ago i thought it was gen 3.
    I thought the same too. No one had it in GSC and it was very rare,and it was quite common in Hoenn, Winona had it.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I thought I was the only one!
    I have a really good memory and can remember dex numbers and cries but when Doduo appeared in HG and when Chingling appeared on Diamond I was like WTH, oh yeah that guy..

But if mine was like Gymnotide's

Most Forgotten Gen 1-Doduo
    Who? What? I completely forgot the thing existed, honestly the animal its based on doesn't even exist anymore. Its a Normal/Flying like a ton of other Pokemon, It can't even fly though, you think that would make it unique, all it does is make people stray away from it and forget it.

Most Forgotten Gen 2 Pokemon
    I have a hard time considering Jigglypuff as an evolved Pokemon even Gymnotide forgot to mention Igglybuff in his post about baby Pokemon. This thing barely makes any special appearances in the anime and even its evos have slowly been draining in popularity after the first 3 seasons of the anime.

Most Forgotten Gen 3 Pokemon
    Hell, you guys probably forget his name, well its Huntail. Its pure water although it learns a ton of dark moves, ugly, has bad stats, and NO NPC USES IT IN GAME. Its like Nintendo didn't even want him, at least Gorebyss is Pretty

Most Forgotten Gen 4 Pokemon
    This was pretty tough considering Gen 4 is still fresh in our minds, but Chimecho was weak already why does it get a Prevo, it should have gotten an evo. I can understand Munchlax to make it harder (as in tear your eyes out hard) to obtain Snorlax, but no one would try to find this guy and raise him to get Chimecho.

NOT DOING THE OTHER STUFF BUT I'LL DO RUNNER'S UP

Gen 1 Runner-Up
    Not only is this thing pure crap, its a trade off for the Oddish line, a line most people seem to like. I don't care if it was in the anime, as it evolved anyway, (into a horribly ugly thing).

Gen 2 Runner -Up
    This thing would have been in DEAD LAST if it didn't get an evo, but whenever I see it, it always looks out of place, like it should be in some other game.

Gen 3 Runner-Up
    Not only is its Prevo SUPER-RARE, but it loses its unique typing upon evolution and goes back to bug/flying, why couldn't they just have made anothe , stronger Pond Skit?

Gen 4 Runner-Up
    I'm not sure if this was supossed to fit in with the Magikrap and Feebas, because its not as common as Magikarp or as rare as feebas, and Lumineon is no where near Gyarados and Milotic.

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    I keep forgetting Pineco and it's evo, whatever it's called again... wait Fortress?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I haven't forgotten any pokemon. I dont know what it is about me and remembering all the pokemon.... I play it way too much. (especially GPX+)

I would say that a lot of people forget about Venonat, Tyrogue, Shellos, Togetic and Spinda

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • I currently do not foget any pokemon when mentioned, however I often do grammar mistakes on their names.
    When I was younger, though, I kept forgetting about Likcitung (<-- see what I mean?).

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    Armaldo.
    Dustox
    Shiftry.

…As you can see, I'm not too used to Gen3 Pokémon. x)

Bonus note, I think any Pokémon that does not have any evolutions deserves a special mention. (Tauros, for example.) Look at a list of unevolving pokémon and tell me how many of those you forgot about / have never seen used in a wifi battle. (:

Last edited:

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I noticed that, reading this thread, most of the pokemon mentioned here I can never/takes me a while to remember.

LOL, this morning I was thinking of pokemon I commonly forget--and I remembered GOLEM!!! I had actually seen it's name twice yesterday, and while it definitely reminded me of a PokeGod from the old rumors, I assumed that it was a fan-made name for one of the gen 5 pokemon, though I couldn't think of which one would be fitting of the title. I remember I was thinking, 'Gamefreak would NEVER name a pokemon 'Golem''!

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
    Years
  • ...I really remember all Pokemon, I don't see how one could possibly have problems remembering them. I mean, after playing the games for a year or two most people should be able to name every Pokemon by heart. Well with a little online research time maybe :D That's how I experienced it.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • ...I really remember all Pokemon, I don't see how one could possibly have problems remembering them. I mean, after playing the games for a year or two most people should be able to name every Pokemon by heart. Well with a little online research time maybe :D That's how I experienced it.
    You're not human.

I'm assuming you just don't remember the ones you forget. You're not that perfect...

...Are you?...

Back