• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Forgotten Pokémon

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I don't think all of you should consider this thread viable since this is just the opinion of one person.

Unless this is actually offical by some sort of Pokemon authorization, I don't think what Gymnotide is saying is really true.

Example, just because Gymnotide finds Anorith cute is n oexcuse to not amke it a forgotten Pokemon. Some people could find Lileep cute too.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I don't think all of you should consider this thread viable since this is just the opinion of one person.

Unless this is actually offical by some sort of Pokemon authorization, I don't think what Gymnotide is saying is really true.

Example, just because Gymnotide finds Anorith cute is n oexcuse to not amke it a forgotten Pokemon. Some people could find Lileep cute too.

Ey, it's nawt my fault :|

Firstly, my post was a personal opinion in response to the opening post (which contains the results from a lengthy, albeit flawed survey). For most of them, I carefully picked one Pokemon based on how much popularity I felt it had based on (1) competitive battling scene, (2) features in artwork / graphics / other media, (3) number of "appreciation" threads / clubs, (4) rarity / in-game or anime appearances. Lileep was really the only one I had zero basis for, other than it was either Anorith or Lileep. And fyi, I find Cradily sooo adorable. @@

But yeah, the only real way to compile the list of most forgotten Pokemon is to have a thousand Pokemon fans list all the Pokemon and assign "forgettable" points depending on how long it took the fan to name that Pokemon (the closest to last, the higher the points) and then compile a list. The flaw with the PT game is that every player shares a list and therefore, even if only one person remembers a certain Pokemon, then that Pokemon can't be considered "forgotten." In addition, both methods share the flaw that Pokemon may be listed just because of association. For example, if Shroomish isn't popular, but Breloom is, then Shroomish can't be considered forgotten since most people think of Shroomish when they think of Breloom. Then there are antics involving similarly colored Pokemon, how the Pokemon evolves, the name of the Pokemon, and just plain human association.

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
    Ey, it's nawt my fault :|

Firstly, my post was a personal opinion in response to the opening post (which contains the results from a lengthy, albeit flawed survey). For most of them, I carefully picked one Pokemon based on how much popularity I felt it had based on (1) competitive battling scene, (2) features in artwork / graphics / other media, (3) number of "appreciation" threads / clubs, (4) rarity / in-game or anime appearances. Lileep was really the only one I had zero basis for, other than it was either Anorith or Lileep. And fyi, I find Cradily sooo adorable. @@

But yeah, the only real way to compile the list of most forgotten Pokemon is to have a thousand Pokemon fans list all the Pokemon and assign "forgettable" points depending on how long it took the fan to name that Pokemon (the closest to last, the higher the points) and then compile a list. The flaw with the PT game is that every player shares a list and therefore, even if only one person remembers a certain Pokemon, then that Pokemon can't be considered "forgotten." In addition, both methods share the flaw that Pokemon may be listed just because of association. For example, if Shroomish isn't popular, but Breloom is, then Shroomish can't be considered forgotten since most people think of Shroomish when they think of Breloom. Then there are antics involving similarly colored Pokemon, how the Pokemon evolves, the name of the Pokemon, and just plain human association.

Gymnotide, is not only because of the fact that your awards are very innaccurate, but also because they are very OFFENSIVE. And now that I think twice about this, you are actually getting off topic yourself with that post. Its like if you were talking of the most HATED and useless pokemon, not of the pokemon that people tends to forget because they hardly appear in the anime or games. Not just that but you are also saying that Hoenn is the worst region of pokemon (I believe you didnt even played r/s/e or remember all the features the game gave us and that most of them were recycled for further games), which has nothin to do with the topic, and it happens that I love that region and MANY other people too. The fact that you dont like them doesn't mean you have to write that thing. And I wouldn't care about it if you hadn't made it with such bad manners. You didn't read what I wrote in the most forgettable pokemon thread did you? You should think of the people that are going to read what you write first and be more careful when you do, you never know how many people you can offend.

Last edited:
    Back