• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Most Frustrating Pokemon of all the games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hi people, do you know what Pokemon is the one that make everyone hate? Nope, not by look. This is the Frillish/Jellicent!

Reasons:

1.In Black and White, Jellicent appeared multiple times and most the times you lose. Here's the thing: These Pokemons are only with trainers. They have some many different abilities which make them almost invincible:

Water(Most) heals it, Fire don't work well, Normal and Fighting don't work at all, Bug don't work well, Psychic don't work well, This pokemon have Disable ability which if your pokemon have only one attack that works, it make you unable to use it!

The Only ones that seems to work is Electric, Stronger Ghosts and Dark but if you don't have any, you are generally stuck.

2. Now, I know what you are thinking, if it's so strong, won't it be neat to get one? Well, it is possible but you need a ton of things! You need to have a Water Pokemon who knows Surf. When you know where you can get one, the area of Pokemon are all level 30+ Only the Frillish is level 9-13! It took you this long and you need to level it up?! Also, when you can access that area i's already a long time past, you don't have Pokemon weak enough to not defeat it! Unless you have false swipe......

3. The Ghost Elite Four Shauntal have one, all Elite four have 2 Full restore, and She ALWAYS use it on her Jellicent! This is my Pokemons and I just beat her:

Samurott(Heals, Only Surf and Scald work.)
    Darmanitian(Fire type)
    Lampent(Fire too and weaker)
    Woobat(Psychic)
    Cyrogonal(Ice don't work too well)
    Karrablast(Bug type which don't work well)

See? It's such a project, I now arrived where N's castle come out of the ground. Just to tell you how annoying this Pokemon is!

Well, I gotta sleep. Have fun catching Pokemon!

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
  • What's so bad? It's not as bad as Bagon, who you had to catch at around level 15 when your Pokémon were like level 50.
    If it's such a powerful Pokémon it's right to be balanced as such.

Samurott(Heals, Only Surf and Scald work.)
    Darmanitian(Fire type)
    Lampent(Fire too and weaker)
    Woobat(Psychic)
    Cyrogonal(Ice don't work too well)
    Karrablast(Bug type which don't work well)

It's also your fault your team's not equipped to deal with ghost and water Pokémon. The only thing that can take on Shauntal's team is Lampent, but that also gets knocked out by Golurk or Jellicent.

Years
  • Take karrrablast out and replace it with a sawsbuck.
    Jellicents shadowball cant touch him, plus jellicent only has two buffed stats: hp and sp. Def.
    Sawsbucks move horn leach works well considering it does physical damage ( it will attack the normal defense stat ) and it restores a good amount of your health depending on how much your opponent lost.
    It is also a grass type move ( which jellicent is weak against )
    Worst case scenario: her jellicent knows sludge bomb.
    Butttttttt..... Your sawsbuck should have speed priority 9 times out of 10

Take karrrablast out and replace it with a sawsbuck.
    Jellicents shadowball cant touch him, plus jellicent only has two buffed stats: hp and sp. Def.
    Sawsbucks move horn leach works well considering it does physical damage ( it will attack the normal defense stat ) and it restores a good amount of your health depending on how much your opponent lost.
    It is also a grass type move ( which jellicent is weak against )
    Worst case scenario: her jellicent knows sludge bomb.
    Butttttttt..... Your sawsbuck should have speed priority 9 times out of 10

Last edited:

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I know this may be risky but a Krookodile works best despite having a type disadvantage against Jellicent. Just give it a good Crunch but the level must be at least 5 higher than Jellicent in order to guarantee a OHKO Crunch. The only problem is Shauntal's Jellicent knows Hydro Pump, which can deal serious damage to Krookodile. Like scprepschool said, Sawsbuck is another option to counter a Jellicent. Battle Subway Jellicents are relentless so be prepared when you face them there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    At first I thought this'd be a discussion regarding Jellicent where people would bring up points to argue/discuss, but yeah, since people are giving you advice instead for your team, it doesn't really turn into a discussion. Instead if you want to continue getting advice, post your team within in-game team help, including movesets and all. If you want to continue to discuss Jellicent though, do so in likes/dislikes since it allows you to discuss all Black and White Pokemon freely. Good luck beating it!
    The Most Frustrating Pokemon of all the games!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back