• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most hated weapons in online FPS

Which one you hated most

• Sniper Rifles

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rifles

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sub - Machine Guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Machine Guns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shotguns

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Noobs

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • I'm okay with the AWP. I've dealt with AWPers by simply learning the game myself and improving on my mobility and mechanics. Also, people who complain in Counter Strike that the game is still all about AK, M4, and AWP clearly need to be better in the game by AUGmenting their skills. But there is one weapon in a multiplayer game that has infuriated me so much and thats:

The M16 of COD4

Everyone who has played CoD4 should know why the M16 aka "Skill-16" or "Laser Tag simulator" is the king of hated weaponry in any FPS.

= 3 shot burst or one click kills ANYONE at any range. The M16 of CoD4 fully abuses CoD4's design of its being essentially a Hitscan simulator along with how damage is calculated in the game. (Basically damage in the game is based on integers of 20 being the most minimal in a game where every soldier has 100 Base HP)

= Aim down the sights, its already a better Sniper Rifle because of its inherent lack or extremely minimal Idle Sway. Basically its absolutely still unlike most of the other weapons that still have idle sway. None of the weapons can't keep up with the M16 ever.

= The M16 is a better shotgun than the shotguns. Seriously. Unlike the shotguns of CoD4 which are buggy as hell, the M16 works perfectly fine.

= M16 is hate, M16 is M16

Seriously, as much as i loved and still do love CoD4, this very gun is the epitome of OP.

Oh and to be a complete dunghole, slap on Frag x3 aka Skill X3 with the Skill 16 and be the most skilled CoD4 player ever.

M16 abuses was one of the reasons why i was able to level up my skills and mechanics in CoD4 back in the day. I simply wanted to prove to those M16 abusers to simply stand down, and sit down to their betters, AK47 and AK74u

Last edited:

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Now I'm not exactly an expert in the FPS genre, but I'm fairly certain that "Noob" is not a type of weapon.

Snipers seem to get the most hate of all the weapon types because apparently anyone who knows how to use one to any kind of decent effect is a "cheater". But I struggle most against shotguns.

TY

Who plays Destiny's PvP modes knows this. This is by far the most obnoxious gun to face in PvP and the nerf did nothing against it. In fact it might have made it even more obnoxious. 3 bodyshots and the stacking DoT will kill almost every opponent you face. Not to mention the green goo you get on your screen when you get hit by it which just hinders everything. Thorn is hated by many and people want it to see nerfed to the ground, but there is something new coming to the scene...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Thorn (Destiny)

Who plays Destiny's PvP modes knows this. This is by far the most obnoxious gun to face in PvP and the nerf did nothing against it. In fact it might have made it even more obnoxious. 3 bodyshots and the stacking DoT will kill almost every opponent you face. Not to mention the green goo you get on your screen when you get hit by it which just hinders everything. Thorn is hated by many and people want it to see nerfed to the ground, but there is something new coming to the scene...

I haven't seen Thorn in months o_O. And at least it's useless in competitive now.

I hate sniper rifles that can be used in a split second. I mean what. How.

TY

I haven't seen Thorn in months o_O. And at least it's useless in competitive now.

I hate sniper rifles that can be used in a split second. I mean what. How.

I've seen that gun and Doctrine of Passing (which is our Y2 Thorn ngl) constantly when playing Rumble or Skirmish.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • The phlogistinator in TF2. To quote a popular TF2 streamer when he was discussing Valve's thought process...
    stabbystabby said:
    Let's give the Pyro a weapon where... he can just hold down MOUSE1... let's get rid of MOUSE2... and then, when he taunts, he'll just become this unstoppable crit machine... that can't be killed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Ladies and gentlemen, Boys and girls Children of all ages step right up I present to you the newest in Valve's Anti Fun in TF2 weapons range the Phlogsinator.

250px-RED_Phlogistinator.png

To echo the people above it makes WM1 Pyros even worst. All he has to do to get up to the top of the leader board is hold down w to walk foward and then when they see something just hold down Mouse 1 and kill everything and unlike proper pyros there's no skill involved what so ever. Oh and guess when you damage people with the Phlog a little meter builds up and once it's full just press the good ol taunt button to become invicble and then have critical hits until the meter runs out which is still more then enough time to kill every person on the enemey team with still no skin involved what so ever.

BUT wait there's more whenever Valve make an update to the game they always look at the Phlog and say "Gee I don't think the Phlog's a very good weapon so instead of spending time on adding a new map or weapon or actually trying to balance maps and weapons to make a fun competitive experience we're going to buff the Phlog, God we are such good company the fans are gonna love this"

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Here's another exquisite historical example and its from Call of Duty World at War - MP40

Yep. If CoD4's M16 was the cheapest thing from that game, The Mp40 of CoD: WaW seems to be at an even higher level of notoriety, even making the M16 its b***h.

Why is that? World at War pretty much had most of the weapons made more challenging to use compared to that of CoD4 but SMGs got buffed way too much with extended mags and most of them having little recoil when shot in bursts. MP40 on the other hand, was a weapon beyond logical understanding. It doesn't even make any sense that the Mp40 (with stopping Power) can one hit KO people with a headshot at the most lethal damage range while supposedly heavier weapons such as the M1A2, Stg-44, and LMGs (With Stopping Power) can't.

MP40 overuse in CoD WaW made me realize how much i missed the M16 aka Laser Tag simulator.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I like sniper rifles outside of CoD. Use them how they're meant to be used there and you're a f*g. The fudge is trickshotting on the battlefield, man -_-

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I selected Noobs to put any one shot weapons under. If you cant react to getting shot in the ankle not only is it bad balancing but it kills the fun because you don't feel like you had a fighting chance.

I don't count 1 hit headshots as that deserves a 1 hit and I applaud your accuracy, nor do I consider explosives in the such.

For the record I'm fine with most snipers in games too. Especially when they're used how they're supposed to be, not like a 2 hit SMG

Killua

Spycicle that thing forces pyros to airblast enemies so he cam find a spy. The YER that thing is OP and the Rescue Ranger (it allows an engi to be in the other side of the room and heal his sentry.

Back