• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most ridiculous thing you've ever heard from a customer

Drifblim

Banned
Years
  • I've hit customers back with far worse and I'm still holding the same job. As of May I'll have been there a year.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Tyson said:
    Well, some people just can't take insults. << They find it very rude and don't like to help people that do it. I for one wouldn't have been able to handle it, that woman would have so deserved it.

yes, agreed....i'd find it hard to take insults like that XD btw, firefox that was a good one

Kim

Years
  • And I bet ya'll don't have jobs.

Jobs worth some credentials, anyway.

Or you're lying.

Or your boss is a piece of crap.

You're supposed to be above the idiot customers, don't you know that?

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I work at a library, and one time I had this woman come up in the large print section and ask me if I knew of any books that didn't have "bad words" in them. She said she was "sick of reading books with bad words in them", and she thought that "the only reason they are in there is because of the author".
    Well, yeah.

I did manage to find her some books without "bad words" (hopefully, anyway), but it WAS a little amusing.

We've also had Baptists come in and try to save us. My one co-worker had the Bible read to her and was quizzed on it afterwards. O-o

We also had a person urinate in the 800s because he was mad because he couldn't find the bathroom. -_-

Kurosaki

Lets see, I work at Subway, just so we have that down first.

Anyways, on Saturday night, this old man came in and got a sub. All was going fine until I got to the vegetable section of the counter. Suddenly, this guy just starts going on about all of the perverts in Korea, Japan, something like that, and it just got awkward from there... xx;

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    It would have been awkward considering you're one of them :P

That reminds me of the time when I went to Borders to buy a manga.
    As I was checking out this woman started ranting about her daughter and how obsessed she was about anime to me. She even *gasp* wrote reviews and summaries of her favorite shows.
    I, being an anime fan myself, merely smiled and nodded, and, if I could, sweatdropped.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Kay, I used to work at a Cafe, and this is one of the reasons I quit. (Well, along with the fact that I couldn't stand my boss there...)

This pregnant lady and her husband and family came in to the Cafe and had lunch. All fine and dandy, I was in a great mood that day. I did my job well. At first anyways...

Dessert came around, and the pregnant lady decided she wanted a milkshake. I was the only waitress who even liked doing them, so I was pretty excited. I made the shake and gave it to her, and a few seconds later, was flagged down.

"My shake is too thin."

So I made her a different one, no questions asked. She was pregnant, I wasn't going to complain.

A few seconds later...

"This one's not mixed well enough..."

Well, now I was getting pretty angry. So I made her ANOTHER chocolate milkshake.

Few seconds later...

"This one isn't even close to TASTING like it has chocolate IN it!"

I lost it then... I'd made a new milkshake for that lady THREE TIMES!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
  • I assistant manage a convenient store so I get a lot of freaks and morons pretty regularly, which as you may have guessed makes for some pretty interesting events.

Sometimes people take one step into my store and without even looking around or anything, ask me: "Where is the coffee bar located at?", "Do you guys serve fountain drinks?", "Where's the restroom?". Other times I'll be standing directly behind the counter to check out someone and the person nearest after seeing me looking straight at them ask "Are you open, can you check me out?" No, I've only been standing here waiting on your slow you-know-what to not check you out after all, so ha! Yeah, don't worry. I don't verbalize my gruel thoughts, I just keep them inside, which is probably good. Wouldn't be cool if I scarred someones fragile mind with my hateful thoughts. Heh, if some of you knew what I was thinking sometimes, you might actually find it funny. XD

All of the above, more or less, may just be pet peeves on my part, but either way I find customers extremely ridiculous at times. I'm sure I'll have some more stuff to share with ya fairly soon.

Last edited:

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Nagoyaka Aikouka said:
    Kay, I used to work at a Cafe, and this is one of the reasons I quit. (Well, along with the fact that I couldn't stand my boss there...)

This pregnant lady and her husband and family came in to the Cafe and had lunch. All fine and dandy, I was in a great mood that day. I did my job well. At first anyways...

Dessert came around, and the pregnant lady decided she wanted a milkshake. I was the only waitress who even liked doing them, so I was pretty excited. I made the shake and gave it to her, and a few seconds later, was flagged down.

"My shake is too thin."

So I made her a different one, no questions asked. She was pregnant, I wasn't going to complain.

A few seconds later...

"This one's not mixed well enough..."

Well, now I was getting pretty angry. So I made her ANOTHER chocolate milkshake.

Few seconds later...

"This one isn't even close to TASTING like it has chocolate IN it!"

I lost it then... I'd made a new milkshake for that lady THREE TIMES!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!
    OMFG! I would have charged her for all three. X3

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • Kris said:
    Other times I'll be standing directly behind the counter to check out someone and the person nearest after seeing me looking straight at them ask "Are you open, can you check me out?" No, I've only been standing here waiting on your slow you-know-what to not check you out after all, so ha!
    I hate when people ask me that. <<; I work as a cashier at a grocery store... so I'm obviously behind the registers a lot. And I always get people that ask me if I'm open. No, I just have my register light on and am standing here for no apparent reason, I mean really... use some common sense. People also tend to think that the "Express: 12 items and under" sign means I'm closed. O.o;

I get a lot of people that complain about really stupid things that don't ring up exactly how they would like them to. It's not my fault, I don't price the items. <<; But yeah, this one guy was being a real pain. My store has this coin program where you can win coins that can be used to save money on certain items. Well, this guy had a silver coin that he wanted to use on chicken. But the chicken he picked out was not a coin item. (The ones he had, however, were buy one get one free... but that apparently wasn't good enough for him...) I looked in the pamphlet to see what kind he needed for the coin, and he went to look for it. He came back about 5 minutes later with some more chicken, again the wrong kind. He was getting ticked off at me, so I called over a manager. They walked with him to see if they could figure out what kind it was. They had no idea either. He got mad and started complaining to them. Keep in mind though, he didn't have any clue what kind of chicken he needed either. But he insisted on buying it because it would be on sale with a coin. About a half hour later, he finally gave up and bought the rest of his groceries. Then... about 5 minutes later he comes back to complain some more. This time he yelled at me because I didn't scan one of his coupons. I think it was for like, 10 cents off of something. <<; I told him there was no such coupon, but he said there was. I had to dig through all of my coupons to prove to him that I was right. Gah, he was annoying...

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • I get that a lot. In a store, a lot of the customers are 'n00bs' in a sense. They sometimes whiff right by the Express tab and plunk down a hundred items when they rweally should have put down only twelve....They ask if I was open if my light is on, indicating so....I get people complaining that the interface is misleading....And often when they complain that the price is wrong, I'm able to prove them wrong by showing them the tag.

Back