• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Useless Pokemon Award

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Igglybuff and Cleffa...

Seriously. What can they do other than sing (can they even do that)?

Jigglypuff and Clefairy should have stayed as the base forms.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Shuckle, what's the point if having lots of defense if your base hp is 20 and only 10 attack and s.attack not to mention 5 base speed. Even if it used Power Trick any attack would just wipe it out instantly. Attacks like Dragon Rage will kill it straight away.

xXI JOE IXx

Pulse and Minun, Pichu clones. Not needed at all

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    For me it would have to be either Bidoof, Magikarp, or Zubat. I've seen so many Zubats, and I am sick of them popping up in EVERY SINGLE CAVE.
    My friend hates Bidoof due to Lass' seemingly loving them so much, that they make teams full of them.

Last edited:

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Igglybuff and Cleffa.

What can they really do? I think that Jigglypuff and Clefairy should have stayed the basic forms.

I nominate Blissey. It's good in battling, but when your against it it's just annoying.

wouldn't that make it a good pokemon?

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Shuckle, what's the point if having lots of defense if your base hp is 20 and only 10 attack and s.attack not to mention 5 base speed. Even if it used Power Trick any attack would just wipe it out instantly. Attacks like Dragon Rage will kill it straight away.

I agree but Shuckle can be useful for getting Rare Candies if the theory below is correct.

Give a Shuckle a Berry to hold and it will turn into BerryJuice and eventually into a Rare Candy.
    [I have never tested this theory, I just read it somewhere :P]

Anyway back on topic:

I vote Drifloon, Chingling [Not saying they're completely usless but they annoy me personally] Bidoof [a good HM slave but a waste of team space], Metapod/Kakuna/Silcoon/Cascoon etc. caught already evolved., Male Combee and
    Magikarp [if you don't have the patience to level it up]

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Another vote for Zubat. Raising them to be good at anything is a PITA. The only STAB'd attack that they can use before they can even evolve is Leech Life. It's pitiful Special Attack and lack of a Dark typing make it's Bite even weaker than Leech Life in many cases. It doesn't learn another decent attack, Wing Attack, until much later.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Well, it wasn't until D/P that they unbound the Physical/Special from the Type.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Magikarp is almost sure winner.
    It's so useless that I don't even wanna think about it...
    And it sometimes costs ridiculous 500$

Actually, the Pokemon games are based of Japanese money (Yen I believe it's called) so 500$ in Yen would be aprox. 5.28$ in US Dollars lol.

I vote forrrr Metapod (:

Back