• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Mysterious Grass

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
    I always wonder why did they put grass there to start with? :S

Maybe it was just to taunt us =)) or maybe they wanted to put something there to start with and just didn't.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    I always wonder why did they put grass there to start with? :S

Maybe it was just to taunt us =)) or maybe they wanted to put something there to start with and just didn't.

Hmm, I would think it was more just to fill empty space, to be honest. If you ever go to a small town like Pallet Town there are all of these fields full of nothing but tall grass. So it's basically a visual indication that Pallet is the middle of nowhere XD.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    OMG, when I was young... I always wondered what was in that tall grass. xD I used to imagine that it was Lv 100 Pokemons that you couldn't catch. I always, always tried to find a way over there. XD

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
    I thought Mew was in it. I tried surfing around to find a way in...I found fushia and though I found a secret city. Note: I was like 5 or 6.

Maybe it's supposedly like the show, where all of you PC pokemon play in Prof. Oak's fields and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Hahaha XD That video certainly made me laugh! I must confess, I was one of those with the conspiracies about that grass too XD XD XD XD

luigirulze

Australia's Biggest Luigi Nerd
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    People,people. It's obvious what happened here. Chuck Norris resides in the mystery grass... Poor old Red didnt stand a chance...

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2009
    yeah, i tried this too. I found a pikablu, charkoal, togepi, mew, and all those other "secret pokemon the game doesn't want you to know about"

>.<

yeah, my game crashed too.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    omfg, you don't know how many times as a child I wondered what was in the "mysterious grass" =))

Until, I just used a gameshark code so I could walk through walls... and it just crashed.

Curiosity kills the cat ~
    I totally agree. My friend tried it because he was too damned curious and now his game somehow crashed.

Back