• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The New Evolution Effect

Which evolution effect did you like best?

• The new evolution effect! (BW012 - )

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • The traditional evolution effect! (EP001 - DP Special)

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Um, have you actually ever looked at a Digimon evolution and compared it with a Pokemon one? Maybe I'm wrong, since I didn't really see the latest (i.e. Season 6) evolution sequences.

As far as I know the current gimmick in Digimon is them fusing together as opposed to actually evolving, so it wouldn't even look similar. Besides, digivolving was basically "Digimon spins around, sudden zoom in then out and LOOK IT'S CHANGED" so this is frankly nothing like it.

And, speaking of the effect itself, it looks pretty cool. Being able to actually see the Pokemon change into its new shape looks awesome, and I would be interested to see how it's done for Pokemon who undergo a massive redesign upon evolution.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    Well The New Evolution sequence in the anime is Much better than the Traditional one...

And Like Those Other Guys Saying Something about Digimon I think it would be much cooler if it was like that...ya know seeing the pokemon's body parts actually changing rather than just a Glow

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Took 'em long enough...
    flashing between two sprites (in the games) isn't really realistic

having it break down and recombine?

much better

Back