• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Voices

Rainy

A living Prophecy
    Years
    Alright, I was watching the new Pokémon when I heard the voices I was like, what the heck?! What's with the new voices? They sound so bad. ><
    Who else here hates the new voices?

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    This subject is old news and has been heavly discussed a long while back. The original thread however is gone. I'll keep this open for now to see if members can contribute something usefull regarding the subject.

Years
    Despite it all, the change isn't a bad thing. It's been rocky, but everyone is getting into the groove (Ash, Max, Brock, debating on May). Besides, you had 8 years of the old voices, so that's plenty to sate, right?

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Heck, I watched one of the advanced battle episodes yesterday and was what the... they sound so weird! it was like the original change, ash, team rocket, etc. started with diff. voices, you get used to it =P

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah...I'm still getting use to the new voices as well.
    But they've been going for almost a year now.. so I'm not mad about it anymore.

Still, I like the old VAs alot better.

Rainy

A living Prophecy
    Years
    Same here, it's getting annoying, yet I guess I'll adapt.

Hey, sorry to the Mod's. I figuired it was an alright thread to do, I'll do better next time.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 9, 2007
    I guess the new voices are ok, i think the new VA's who are doing the voices are doing their upmost to make their voices sound like the previous VA's, thus if you think about this maturly, Ash'es new voice makes him sound a bit older though he needed to grow up sometime XD lol it's like his voice has broken :P ^^
    TR sound good too i believe...Meowth's voice sounds similar to his old voice but by not too much...

Thats my two cents on this matter ^^;

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2007
    Just like in the Batman/Superman/Justice League shows, new VAs spell trouble for old fans, mostly cuz they've gotten used to the old ones. But kids coming in just now with the 4th gen shows'll probbaly be none the wiser or wouldn't care. I personally didn't dig Ash's new voice either when I watched Jirachi (i think it was Jirachi.. anyway)

Back