• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "No Trolling" Rule is too harsh

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think it should be no harmful/malicious trolling. Sometimes trolls can what are called "good trolls". They're just funny and don't harm anyone.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Yes, but aren't these "good trolls" still spamming up the place, yes it maybe funny and not harming anyone, but it's still SPAM, which is against the rules...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I don't think this requires any degree of judgment outside of what is trolling and what is not. ;x

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Generally the no trolling rule applies to the malicious trolls anyway, but at the same time, if a person is just intending on going around spamming to be funny, the punishment is going to be much the same since it's pretty much a nuisance.

If you enjoy reading those kind of posts go to 4Chan.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • There are also ways you can be funny without trolling. If you want to be funny, you should do it smartly. I'm not saying we should lynch the funny trolls, but after a while their shtick gets old and they just become annoying.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I agree with you, but there are many trolls out there who frankly aren't funny at all, and their remarks are just hurtful and inflammatory. I think that's what the rule refers to.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm fully against easing up on trolling. Trolling and disrespecting members are the only two rules that I honestly care about enough to deal with (other than deleting the problem and forgetting about). If your only source of amusement is trolling, you have a tacky and simplistic sense of humor.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • We generally ignore trolls who are just funny and not harming anyone, so long as they're capable of on-topic discussion. The rule was mostly added to deal with the malicious ones who walked the lines of the other rules to avoid infraction or punishment.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Your definition of 'trolling' might be different from staff members' perspective (it probably is, it's all perspective). Ultimately, it's their discretion.

Years
  • In no way, shape, or form, will I ever permit it in Other Chat. Our rules concerning trolling are perfectly fair, and It's like that for a good reason. As Nick previously said, it's immature and in poor taste to do so. I'd prefer the trolls stay at 4chan, not here.

Back