• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Okay so here's what happened
    -Beat Rockets
    -Beat Nico
    -Beat Bugsy
    -Fiesta Died
    -Caught Nidoran M named Zanzibar
    -Zanzibar evolves beats Whitney
    -Went to Ecruteak
    -Kenya Dies
    -Beat Nico
    -Grind Skeffer
    -PWN Morty
    -Go to Lighthouse
    -TRUST DIES TO A LUCKY NOCTOWL.
    -Skeffer Evolves
    -Catch A Poliwag and Slowpoke. Each Seperate Paths to follow.

The Team:
    Chico Lv. 23 M

Skeffer Lv. 30 M
    Zanzibar Lv. 21 M

Solamina Lv. 12 F
    Gripper the HM SLAVE 20 m

(Poliwag or Slowpoke) YOU DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Box: Too many to name

Dead:

Fiesta Lv. 13 F
    ?estlove Lv. 6 F
    Kenya Lv. 21 F

Trust Lv. 23

*SPECIAL POKEMON CONFERENCE EPISODE*

: Guys, we've been hit hard. 4 of our Teammates that master was hoping to train have fallen.
    Heh, we got this. Master will grind us 3 and we'll dominate
    &
    Hey, We're Pokemon, too!
    Sorry to break it to you guys, but Solamina, your only here because you know cut and are good in the Pokeathalon and Gripper, your an HM SLAVE

(Solamina Cries, Gripper has look of utter shock)

Guys, we can't keep making fun of each other, everyone who has respect has earned it, and its time to move on. So here's the question, who's our next teammate gonna be? Poliwag or Slowpoke

I say Poliwag, Slowpoke's are the worst Pokemon ever.

Any TRULY strong Pokemon would know that master is planning to evolve it into a Politoed, those suck so I say Slowpoke.

I guess I vote Poliwag!

I say Slowpoke.

I...I can't...decide?
    Can YOU, in front of the computer screen help me????

HELP SUNKERN VOTE. POLIWAG OR SLOWPOKE.

Years
    Moti's Nuzlocke Challenge: Episode 6
    "A Kiss Goodbye"

Prologue
    The Elite Four. Aaron. Bertha. Flint. Lucian.
    Four maniacally strong trainers, with one aim. DESTROY ME.
    With a leader behind them... Called Cynthia. Nothing will remain of them...
    Even if it costs me my Pokemon.

==============
    Previously...
    "Why are we back here, Moti?"
    "So we can train hard enough and not die before them..."
    "Sounds legit to me, master."
    "Man, this Victory Road was easier than I expected. Now, to the Pokemon league!"
    "Are you really interested in killing his Pokemon...? You do know that once they faint, they count as dead... Right...?"
    "Yes. But that's how he decided to do it. It was his own decision... And I'll make him regret that... Oh yes... he will regret."

==============
    I couldn't afford any of my teammate's loss. I spend hours of mindless grinding to get these guys to their ultimate phase... The sixty's.
    And so, we marched on.
    Aaron was burned by Terrance and Reaptide, and Oniria EQ'd his Drapion. This was one easy and fast battle, with no deaths.

"Moti, don't take anyone for granted... You may never know what's gonna strike you and when...", Aaron said as he opened the gate to Bertha.

An old lady, Bertha, the second of the Elite Four, challenged me. Derpa completely dominated her team. This was even easier. Another fast battle with no deaths.

"Young man, you are very strong... But are you sure you're capable of taking us all down?"
    I nodded, and moved on to face Flint.

Now this is where things have gone horribly wrong.
    Derpa took down his Houndoom to like 2 HP, then got hit by a Dark Pulse taking Derpa to almost yellow HP. Then, after Flint used a full restore, I used Surf again and Houndoom fainted. I was very skeptical about trying Infernape with Derpa, so I switched to Gento. He took a hit of Flare Blitz, but one-hitted Infernape with Air Slash.
    Next, came his Magmortar. I switched to Derpa. Before I could even do anything... Derpa was hit by a Thunderbolt. She looked at me and shed a tear. "I'm sorry master, I failed..."
    *Derpa fainted.*
    Caution immediantly bolted out and avenged with a strong, critical Spark which destroyed Magmortar. He also couldn't take the loss and charged at the remaining two Pokemons of Flint.
    The battle was over. But was it worth the loss of Derpa?

"A lesson in war, kid... Don't ever put your best soldier at front." (Let's see if you get what this is from :P )

Saddened and much less confident, we proceeded to Lucian. I put Oniria in front. Oniria used Dark Pulse and Mr. Mime flinched at yellow health. Another Dark Pulse took him down. Then, came out Gallade. I quickly switched to Reaptide, and striked him with a Fly. The rest were crunched by Caution.

"Kid, Cynthia is looking for you... Are you sure you are ready?"
    "I don't know, am I?"
    "It's all up to you... I wish you best of luck..."
    I healed the rest of my members and moved on.

"I've been expecting you."
    "Somehow, I knew it was gonna be you who I'm gonna face."
    "Then face me. Let's not use too many words."
    "Then so be it."

I sent out Reaptide and Cynthia used Spiritomb. Reaptide used Aerial Ace, and Spiritomb used Dark Pulse. Then, Reaptide took it down with Fly. Next came Togekiss. I switched to Caution, and got hit by an Aura Sphere. I used Thunder Fang and took it down. Next... It was her trump card.
    Garchomp.
    I knew it was hungry for prey. I knew that there is no way I could defeat it easily, now that Derpa is gone. She had Ice Beam, which was my surprise way to take Garchomp down... But she's gone.
    So I let Gento out. After a tough battle...
    Garchomp used Dragon Rush.
    Gento used Air Slash.
    Garchomp was left with 20 HP.
    GENTO FAINTED.

I felt like crying at this point. I outrageously sent out Reaptide and used Close Combat, to show my vengeance on it. Caution destroyed Milotic with Thunder Fang, and Terrance burned Lucario and Roserade.

It's over.
    I won the Pokemon League.
    But I lost two vital members of my team. Two great friends.

Rowan came in, and didn't understand why I felt so sad. I didn't even bother explaining, and placed my six Pokemon in that machine. Some happy music, pictures, flashy stuff, but it was all sadness inside.
    A loss will always hurt, no matter what.

I rode my bike home. Rowan's words echoed in my head.
    "Remember, your Pokemon are your partners that grew with you through many challenging battles."

And then, at night, I saw a shooting star... I could've only wished for one thing...
    "I wish it didn't end this way. I wish I wouldn't have lost Gento and Derpa..."
    Would it come true? Can we really go back in time and get them back...?
    Can new Pokemon really replace what I worked so hard with them?
    So many questions without answers... And all that's left to do is carry on...
    Carry on...

"Rest in peace, Gento and Derpa..."

One day later...

I still felt the rage inside. Like the death of my team members was something that was bound to happen. And so, me and Caution went to the three lakes. Caution destroyed Uxie with a Crunch. Azelf tried to escape my wrath, but couldn't... He was destroyed as well.
    Mesprit... I remember him from my childhood. I paid him a visit. He knew my intentions were bad, so he quickly ran off before I got to do anything...

I calmed down. I put Caution back in his ball, and went to Celestic Town. I healed the rest of my team members, and took a rest...

How long is this gonna keep going? How am I gonna find replacements for my friends...?

TO BE CONTINUED.

Party

Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

Too lazy to name all of my Boxed Pokemon.

COMING UP NEXT ON EPSIODE 7: The Fight Zone, Volkner&Flint battle, new team members and maybe Stark Mountain!

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    @AceDragonite - Hmmm...

Slowbro/King are known
    to be crit magnets, so I say Poliwag!

And now,

Sucky Title Pun: Trouble in Pearladice: Nuzrick's Generation IV Challange!

Nuzrick woke up. "Urr...Eh?"

He had blacked out after shortly running off from that trainer he creamed. A flier, floating on the breeze hit him across the face. Nuzrick angrily pulled the poster off and gazed at it. What he could only assume was a mutant Nuzleaf was printed on the poster, with the phrase "Everything happens for a reason." stated below it. He tore the poster in half.

"Hmph. Figures. Wonder what place this is-"

A strange clown ran up to him and shouted something about going to trainer's school.

"You can't leave Jubilife until you go, oh ho ho!"

"Eh, what? So this is Jubilife?"

Nuzrick looked around. It was a massive city. Granted, not as big as Saffron, or even Rustboro, but it was still quite big.

"Why of course, silly, now off you go! Trainer's school!"

He glared at the annoying clown.

"Look, I don't know who you think you are you red-nosed freak, but I've likely seen more battling then you ever have in your entire stupid career!"

The clown merely frowned. "Well if you're going to be rude about it, at least pay a visit there. Who knows, you might learn something new!"

Nuzrick wanted to order Gulpin to shoot him down with Bullet Seed. Where was Gulpin, anyways?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"What is that I spy? A Pokemon! But what is this? I've never seen that Pokemon before!"

Gulpin was slithering by. His feather was frayed after taking care of Nuzrick's request, and he was hungry. He wondered where he we get food when something hard struck him on the forehead!

A trainer had attempted to catch him using a Poké
    ball! Gulpin frantically tried struggling out!

...*Poof*!

The trainer frowned.

"Oh, darn. That was my only Pok
    éball. I guess I'll have weaken you a bit first, then catch you with my Heal Ball!

Suddenly, a Bidoof came charging at Gupin and struck him head-on with a Tackle!

███████████░
    Kingpin Lvl.19

Gulpin was tired, and he didn't have time for this. He opened his mouth wide, and swallowed the Bidoof whole!

░░░░DEAD░░░░
    BIDOOF LVL.3

The lass watched in horror as Gulpin ate her beloved
    Pokémon alive!

"Eeeeek!"

Utterly horrified, she ran away screaming, leaving Gulpin on his own again. He looked to see if anyone was watching, and grinned wickedly. He was no longer hungry, for the time being...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"...Eh, he's likely loafing off somewhere." Nuzrick thought to himself.

"Fine, I'll visit to your dumb School, but in return, you better let me pass Jubilife!"

Nuzrick entered the Poké
    mon School. It was a small, one room building with a bunch of random youngsters and a lass studying. "There. Went to this dumb place, now to-"

A couple of School Kids walked up to him.

"Hey mister! Can you help teach us about Poké
    mon? If you do, we'll give you a TM!"

Nuzrick was ready to punch someone across the face, but he just sighed.

"F...Fine. Just get this over with. I need to get out of this demented place as soon as possible!"

"Okay mister! Lets battle!"

The first kid sent out her Abra.

"Time to see some action, get them Popstar!"

Yet, when Nuzrick threw his Poké
    ball, it was not Popstar that came out, but...

"Bidoooooooooof!"

███████████
    BIDOOF Lvl.9

"What...The...-"

"Bidoof!"

The Bidoof dug it's fangs into the Abra, shattering it's left pauldron and leaving a large gash across it's arm.

██████░░░░░░
    ABRA LVL.6

The Abra fired off a Hidden Power at Bidoof, striking it with many strange waves of energy, but Bidoof just shrugged it off and when at Abra with a Tackle!

█████████░░░
    BIDOOF Lvl.9

███░░░░░░░░░
    ABRA LVL.6

The Abra struggled to fire off one more Hidden Power before being thrown across the room by Bidoof's Tackle.

██████░░░░░░
    BIDOOF Lvl.9

░░░░░KO░░░░░
    ABRA LVL.6

Af
    ter taking a Tackle from Bidoof, the little Psychic Pokémon did a spastic dance, flailing around here and there before falling to the ground.

The second kid sent out his Pokémon, also an Abra. By now, using Bidoof for the battle would prove to be risky, so he returned the Bidoof, reached for his second Pokéball and sent out Mulch. Yet, instead of Mulch, Out came:

████████████
    TURTWIG LVL.9♂

Another Turtwig had taken his place!

After a brief battle with the second kid (which resulted in a level up for Turtwig), the duo conceded in defeat.

"Here's the TM, it's Hidden Power. Remember, a TM is only good for one use, so-"

"Yes, yes, I know, now, begone!"

As he walked out of the trainer school, a fat business man in a cheap tuxedo walked up to him.

"My, what is this? You don't have a Poké
    tch? Why, everyone has a Pokétch! Luckily for you, I happen to be on a promotional..."

All Nuzrick heard was "Blah blah blah, Poké
    tch blah blah, three coupons blah, clowns..."

Before the man could finish his sentence, Nuzrick sped across town, swiped the three coupons from the trio of clowns, and ran back.

"Take them. Now, get away from me and leave me alone!"

The business man, shocked, simply gave him a blue Poké
    tch, and walked away.

Now, with no one else pestering him about something, Nuzrick concentrated.

"I might as well nickname those two Pokemon I have now...But I wonder, what happened to Mulch and Popstar, what reason is this all happening, and how many more annoying scenes do I have to bear?"

CURRENT STATUS:

Party:
    Spoiler:

Boxed:

N/A

Casualties:

N/A

Areas cleared of Pokémon:

Lake Verity (*Got* Turtwig)
    Route 201 (Could Not Capture Bidoof)
    Route 202 (Caught Infinifang)

Last edited:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Update #15 - Training and the Final Gym Fight!

@Necroflame - Hard luck on Derpa and Gentu. I'm prob gonna lose half my team at the Elite Four too. Oh and the quote comes from L.T. Surge in Nuzlocke comics.

Last time, I beat the two Commanders in an intense fight and Spear Pillar, and then defeated Cyrus and Giratina in the Distortion World. I emerged from the portal at Sendoff Spring, where I captured Beaver Boy, a Bibarel. I flew to Sandgem to quickly meet with Rowan, before entering Route 222 en route to Sunyshore City. I captured Nutz+Boltz, a Magnemite, and battled all the trainers and a ton of wild Pokemon along the way. My levels are in the mid-fourties, and with the Pokemon League rapidly approaching, I knew I had to get them to the mid-fifties, at least, by then. Once I reached Sunyshore, I explored the town and headed north onto the ocean Route 223. I captured a Pelipper, Chuckles, and beat up all the trainers for experience. I also went to the Pokemon League and captured Fishbreath, a Wingull. Unfortunately, I couldn't go further due to a waterfall blocking the way, so I headed back to Sunyshore. Along the way, I beat a ton of Tentacruel and Pelipper in the wild, for experience.
    Flint had already told me that Volkner was all depressed and wasn't at the Gym, so I had to go find him. I headed up the lighthouse, to see if he needed a hug, but instead, I apparently randomly reignited his fighting spirit, and he returned to the Gym. So I went there too and used Avenger's Bone Rush and SoulSister's Psychic to sweep through the Gym trainers.
    I healed and solved the puzzle, ready to challenge the final Gym leader. Volkner used Jolteon and I used Fernonator. I used Earthquake, taking Jolteon to red health. Just to get on my nerves, he used Thunder Wave. Full Restore for him, Parlyz Heal for me, and repeat: I use Earthquake, he uses Thunder Wave. I healed with Old Gateau while he used Charge Beam that did next-to-nothing. Another Earthquake and Jolteon was finished. Another Earthquake meant Raichu never stood a chance. His third Pokemon was Electivire. I used Earthquake, which took him to low yellow HP and set off his Sitrus Berry. He sused Thunderpunch, which scored a crit and took Fernonator to 4HP... again. I was faster and another Earthquake killed off Electivire. Next up was his Luxray ook an Ice Fang. Luxray was faster and used Fire Fang, taking Avenger down to yellow health. Avenger hit with a Bone Rush, taking away more than half of Luxray's HP. Neither Pokemon could take another hit, but Luxray was faster so I had to switch again, this time to SoulSister. And that was my big mistake. Luxray used Crunch. A physical attacker. Using a physical move. That is super-effective. On a very fragile physical defender. And guess what happened to SoulSister???
    She survived with 1HP!!!!! I kid you not. One level lower and I would've lost SoulSister right there and then. Anyway, she used Psychic with a vengeance and killed Luxray. So with that one fight, both Fernonator and SoulSister came very close to death - and I won my eigth badge. Meaning I now had access to HM08 Waterfall, and the Pokemon League!

NEXT: I grind a ton to up my levels, take on the Victory Road, and battle Zane at the League Gate!

Note: For some reason, the Pokemon icons aren't popping up today. So, if you'r ewondering why the usual icons aren't there, there's your explanation.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Areas Failed to Catch Pokemon: Route 202, Route 211, Lost Tower, Great Marsh, Route 219, Route 220, Acuity Lakefront

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years

Previously on Nuz's Nuzlocke ...

By the time Nuz reached Hearthome, all his Pokemon were dead, except Survivor (Monferno) ! Later on, he died too while training Weakling (Zubat). Can Weakling prove himself and stand against Fantina and Nuz's Rival, Locke ? Stay tuned to find out !
    -----------------------------------
    UPDATE 2 : Begin !!

Nuz was walking on Rt. 208 for Weakling's daily training when he noticed a black thing in the grass ... an Exp. Share ! It must have fallen off Locotenent (Togepi) when he was walking.

Nuz kicked ass of a few Roselias and Weakling evolved into Golbat ! When he did, Nuz felt like something was wrong ... he traveled the whole Sinnoh till Jublife City when he arrived in Jublife. He kept going until Rt. 218 and fished for his Lv. 6 Magikarp. Nicknaming him LastChance, he gave him the Exp. Share and traveled back to Jublife. Weakling already proved himself, so Nuz promoted him by giving him a Soothe Bell ! They grinded toughly until LastChance evolved and gained the Bite move ! Now, both Pokemon were able to defeat Fantina !
    ----------------------------------------

- FANTINA - GHOST GYM LEADER - INITIATE BATTLE -

I led the battle with LastChance. Two Bites took Duskull down, which did little to nothing.
    Next was Haunter. He was quicker and striked first with Shadow Claw, causing a critical and badly hitting LastChance. Nuz healed his poor Pokemon and he was ready to fight again ! But another crit. Shadow Claw striked, another Super Potion was gone. Finally, the crit. streak ended and LastChance beat Haunter with one crit. Bite (finally, luck !)
    But next was Mismagius. He used Shadow Ball on the badly damaged Pokemon, which endured the hit and remained with 4 HP... his Sp. Def also fell... but Nuz didn't let himself go : he Bit Mismagius once, bringing his HP down to half. out of scaredom, our hero switched to Weakling. Of course, our Pokemon ate two Psybeams (note : Nuz was really afraid of this, so this explains why he caught LastChance) surviving and showing Mismagius the Bite he won't forget !

-----------------------------------------

Nuz healed his proud Pokemon and battled the Cameraman and Reporter he spotted next to Nurse Joy. He whomped them and then he was finally able to reach Solaceon. But in his way stood ... his Rival ... Locke.

-----------------------------------------

- INITIATE BATTLE - PKMN TRAINER NUZ VS RIVAL LOCKE -

Locke had Staravia as his lead, while Nuz sent out his trusted pal, LastChance. The Gyarados was quicker and quickly struck Staravia with his tough Bite. It flinched. And flinched again. Staravia was down to the red zone, when he used Endeavor... LastChance only had 4HP left. Knowing he was quicker, LastChance used Bite ... but Staravia used Quick Attac ... and our "last chance" is long gone. Of course, Weakling beat anyone in his path, but the struggle Nuz experienced while training LastChance was way too much. He swore to his childhood friend and headed to release his poor Pokemon.

------------------------------------------

Out on Rt. 209, Nuz encountered a Staravia he decided to use. He caught the Pokemon in a Great Ball and nicknamed him Recovery. In search of rebuilding his troops, he also adventured into Sandgem Town. Heading North into Rt. 219, he fished a Finneon with his all new Good Rod. He nicknamed his Finneon "Saver" and returned into Solaceon. He also visited the Loct Tower on his way, but encountered a Zubat ... he quickly killed it with his newly caught Saver.

-------------------------------------------

Our hero entered Solaceon and headed straight north to Rt. 210 where he found a Chansey. o.o He killed it with Weakling, which quickly evolved into the powerful Crobat ! ^^

That's it for Nuz's Adventures for today ! He was also kind enough to lend us movesets of his team :

TEAM :

Weakling Lv. 31 m @ -

Wing Attack
    Air Cutter
    Bite
    Confuse Ray

Recovery Lv. 23 f @ -

Magical Leaf
    Mega Drain
    Leech Seed
    GrassWhistle

Saver Lv. 21 f @ -

Water Gun
    Gust
    Rain Dance
    Attract

Boxed :

Useless *Bronzor* Lv. 14
    A Clone *Machop* Lv. 15
    Back Me Up *Zubat* Lv. 6

Dead :

Soldier (Starly)
    Lieutenant (Shellos)
    Cadet (Machop)
    Locotenent (Togepi)
    Hope (Onix)
    Soldier II (Staravia)
    Colonel (Gastly)
    Vee (Eevee)
    Survivor (Monferno)
    LastChance (Gyarados)

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    CHUCK'S POLIWRATH KILLED MY ENTIRE TEAM....

Except for Chico the Bayleef who awoke from its sleep and killed Poliwrath with 10 HP left!

I thought I was done! Can anyone say rally time?????!!!!

Anyway, I'm still picking up the pieces, I caught a Magnemite and grinded it till it evolved, then sent it over and back so I could lvl it up at MT. CORONET.

I got an eevee that I evolved into Flareon at Lv.6.

Spoiler:

[S-HIGHLIGHT]
    The Savers of The Challenge
    Chico Lv. 28
    J'snags Lv. 31
    [/S-HIGHLIGHT]

BADGES:

The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread (it is a miracle I have this)

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Update #16 - Last-minute training, Victory Road and Zane!

I ended off last time with scoring my final Gym badge. I headed north and met up with Zane, and Jasmine, a Johto Gym Leader. I got HM08 Waterfall and proceeded north, onto Route 223. I already beat all the trainers here last time, in preperation for the Sunyshore Gym, so I sped up the route, battling the occasional wild Pokemon and climbing the waterfall. I healed and entered Victory Road, the final test for trainers.
    And do you know what the cool part was? Remember Sharkie, the Gible I captured in Wayward Cave who got killed quickly by a Staravia? And I though I couldn't get a Garchomp? Well the first Pokemon I encountered in here was a Lv43 Gabite!!! I was very careful with capturing it (One false move and I couldn't get Garchomp. Again.), lowered it's health, put it to sleep with Harmony's Yawn, and bagged it in an Ultra Ball! Can you say 'awesome backup team member'. I named him Accel as he was sent to the box. If one of my team members dies, I now have a very good replacement Pokemon.
    Anyway, after capturing Accel I went back and healed before entering and progressing through Victory Road for real. It was tough, especially since I was fighting all the wild Pokemon I encountered. After about an hour and a half, I emerged at the end. I'd scoured the whole place, beaten every trainer and picked up every item. Every single member of my team was in yellow or red health, and running dangerously low on PP. But I made it. I reached the Pokemon League building and healed.
    And then like the stalker that he is, Zane turns up. And it is on.
    As usual, he started with Staraptor, so I countered him with my own Starlight. He kept using Aerial Ace, I kept using Brave Bird, with the occasional Roost whenever Starlight was getting weak. It took a while since both sides had Intimidate, but Starlight eventually won. Next, Zane used Heracross. One Fly killed the thing. Next he sent out his Rapidash. I used a turn switching to Harmony,w hile he used Sunny Day. Harmony tried Aura Sphere, but he bounced up first. He hit with Bounce, I hit with Yawn. I then started bombarding him with Extremespeeds until he fainted. He used Empoleon next, so I switched to Fernonator, who took a Metal Claw. He countered with Close Combat, which killed Empoleon in one shot. Ditto with Snorlax. So his last Pokemon was Roserade, who couldn't handle a Flame Wheel. Zane, you have been Fernonatored.
    I healed, and realised that my team were only at Lv49-50. So I went and spent half an hour in Victory Road levelling them all to Lv52.
    Finally, I decided to improve their movesets. I went to the Move Deleter and removed Rock Smash and Rock Climb from Avenger's moveset. I also took Strength and Waterfall off Riptide's moveset (he still has Surf, which is way better). So now Riptide and Avenger had two move spots each to fill. I visited the Move Tutor, retaught Extremespeed to Avenger (couldn' teach it cos of the HM moves there earler) and retaught Aqua Ring to Riptide (had to overwrite it for Waterfall earlier). Then I taught TM Stone Edge to Avenger, and TM32 Double Team to Riptide.
    And that's it. My preperations are now complete.
    This is my final team for the Elite Four:

Lv52 Fernonator - Female - Route 201
    Flame Wheel
    Earthquake
    Thunderpunch
    Close Combat

Lv52 Starlight - Female - Lake Verity
    Brave Bird
    Fly
    Close Combat
    Roost

Lv52 Harmony - Female - Eterna City
    Extremespeed
    Flamethrower
    Aura Sphere
    Yawn

Lv52 Avenger - Male - Canalave City
    Swords Dance
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    Extremespeed

Lv52 SoulSister - Female - Route 208
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Magical Leaf
    Calm Mind

Lv52 Riptide - Male - Hearthome City
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Double Team
    Aqua Ring

NEXT: The Elite Four! I plan to write a second update later today for this.

Box:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Areas Failed to Catch Pokemon: Route 202, Route 211, Lost Tower, Great Marsh, Route 219, Route 220, Acuity Lakefront

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I don't consider myself a Pokemon god, but my non-nuzlocke team on platinum was avg lv. 52 (i also had giratina :)
    and I barely beat Cynthia (my last pokemon had 6 HP left) I suggest you train them more, because you realize you can't heal between E4 battles so you will have to stall so bad that you can heal before the battle (or OHKO everything :P )
    Anyway, I suggest you train more for your own good, not that your team is bad or anything, just trying to help here. Also, what are you planning to beat Lucian with? He is a lot tougher than you think.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    I don't consider myself a Pokemon god, but my non-nuzlocke team on platinum was avg lv. 52 (i also had giratina :)
    and I barely beat Cynthia (my last pokemon had 6 HP left) I suggest you train them more, because you realize you can't heal between E4 battles so you will have to stall so bad that you can heal before the battle (or OHKO everything :P )
    Anyway, I suggest you train more for your own good, not that your team is bad or anything, just trying to help here. Also, what are you planning to beat Lucian with? He is a lot tougher than you think.

Actually I believe you can in fact, heal the remaining members of your team after every E4 battle (accept for on higher difficulties)

Training at this point is most likely mandatory, as Aaron alone has a level 53 Poké
    mon on hand (though he sucks as a trainer and isn't much of a problem). Cynthia has a level 62 Garchomp (and did I mention it has perfect IVs?). In other words, attempting the Elite 4 now would mean certain, painful death for your team. Also, Soul and Avenger both look like very likely casualties, seeing as they're not particularly fast compared to Cynthia's team, and are both, very, very, very, sub-Porygon-Z (who is actually much bulkier then ever given credit) frail, and neither of them have a huge advantage over any member of the 4. You might want to put them into storage as back-up, in case your team fails tragically, so you'll still have something to fall back onto.

Last edited:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Well I did put quite a lot of thought into my team, and I have a fair bit of confidence in it. I've beaten Lance on HGSS with a team of Lv35's before...

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I realise I'm under-levelled, but I've done a lot of grinding already, and I think my team is ready.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]And yeah, Lucian will probably be annoying, but I have at least one move that type-trumps each of his Pokemon. Unfortunately, being the Nuzlocke challenge, I have to keep the battle style on 'set', so if I wanna switch I have to waste a turn.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]As for healing items, I made it a rule at the start if my challenge that I can't purchase any, but I can use the ones I found. I have a stock of 19 Hyper Potions, 6 Full Heals and 8 Full Restores. So I do have a decent stock.[/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    Training at this point is most likely mandatory, as Aaron alone has a level 53 Pokémon on hand (though he sucks as a trainer and isn't much of a problem). Cynthia has a level 62 Garchomp (and did I mention it has perfect IVs?). In other words, attempting the Elite 4 now would mean certain, painful death for your team. Also, Soul and Avenger both look like very likely casualties, seeing as they're not particularly fast compared to Cynthia's team, and are both, very, very, very, sub-Porygon-Z (who is actually much bulkier then ever given credit) frail, and neither of them have a huge advantage over any member of the 4. You might want to put them into storage as back-up, in case your team fails tragically, so you'll still have something to fall back onto.

I realise I had a level disadvantage, but I think (I hope) I can pull through.
    I have a printout of the movesets of each member of the Elite Four which I'm gonna use while playing, and I plan to play it tactically. Riptide is gonna be my secret weapon to deal with Garchomp. It's fairly bulky and can take a hit or two, and has a decent special attack stat to back up its Ice Beam. I plan to set up some Double Teams and an Aqua Ring on Spiritomb, then when Garchomp comes out I start with the Ice Beams while its trying to land a hit. I just gotta make sure I don't overuse it in the Flint fight – I really don't wanna lose it.
    I already have basic strategies for each of the Elite Four, based off their movesets, and I think that I can indeed win by thinking about my moves before I make them.

I intend to keep playing afterwards, to do Stark Mountain, the Battleground and the second run of the Elite Four – but how many team members are gonna survive this run-in with them???

I probably won't update tomorrow because I'm gonna be uber busy. The day after that. I'll post all the results of the Elite Four challenge – whether I succeed, or go down in a blaze of glory.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years

Previously on Nuz's Nuzlocke ... :

---------------------------------

Our hero's team reborn with two new Pokemon : Recovery (Roselia) and Saver (Finneon). Nuz's most powerful Pokemon also evolved : Weakling ! He's aiming at the championship once again ... can he succeed ?

As Nuz continued his way to Veilstone, he found a Staravia on the way. After a catching struggle, he caught it and nicknamed him "Soldier X", depositing the thing. He killed every other Pokemon in his way. He had a little bit of a problem against the Ace Trainers... they killed poor Recovery while he wasn't watching.

When he arrived in Veilstone City, a drunk homeless approached him ... :

Homeless : "Hey, kid ! Look what I stole from that building ! *points towards TG HQ*
    Nuz : "Uhhh, a Porygon ?"
    Homeless : "Whatever it is ... Ya want it ?"
    Nuz : "Okay, I would. You gave him alcohol or something ?"
    Homeless : "NOO ! Take it already !"
    Nuz obtained PORYGON !
    Nuz : "You shall be known as "Cybertronic"and replace our fallen comrade !"

----------------------------------

Nuz was about to enter the gym and take on that little ggirl who abandoned school for battling. In front of the gym, he met Dawn, that girl who always keeps her finger in her nose ...

Nuz : Hi Dawn ! Any big ones today ?
    Dawn : Yes ! Look, this green one is so fan ...
    Nuz : I meant wins !
    Dawn : Ah, no. I'm just as worthless as always !
    Big Fat guy from the Gym : Ahh, the sea is just ****, crap and damn the sea !
    Nuz : Hey fatty *****, you crazy or something !
    Big Fat Guy : Ahh, no I was just rehearsing for my concert ! Wanna hear ?
    Nuz & Dawn : HECK NO !
    Big Fat Guy : Okay, I'll go poop ! Remember, name's Wake. Crasher Wake !

Dawn left and Nuz went into ... bzzz bzzbzzzbzbzzzzz !

Huh ? Is the signal down ? ... ... Yes ! Well, this is Nuz ! Damn that stupid reporter, why the hell would I need him. I could tell hell alone !

So, yeah, I went into the gym and smoked that pink hair. Whatever, stupid overpowered Lucario messed me around with two Attack raises from Metal Claw, but that's np. SO now I have 4 Badges !

---------------------------------------------------------

Haha ! Let's see what we find on the Route directly south of Veilstone. I got a ***** Zubat, damn that. In the cave right there I ran into a Geo-dude. Caught it and nicknamed Rocky. Gonna use him as my fourth Pokemon, yeah !

EVeryone died to Rocky and Cybertronic. Oh yeah, finally !

PI : Hello Kid, wanna try your luck ?
    Nuz : Yeah, sure !
    PI : Oh, go Goldeen !
    Nuz : Rocky ! Magnitude !
    PI : Goldeen, Horn Attack !
    Nuz : WTF, not using a water type ?

Anyways, all trainers were stupid like that. I lost quite a bunch of my team :

A wild Shellos appeared !
    Go, Rocky !
    Shellos used Water Pulse !
    It's super effective !
    Rocky fainted !

I actually DID manage to catch that Shellos (I Hate You). He'll make a good replacement for Saver, if I ever lose him ! :x

I fought a Purugly...

Go Cybertronic, Weakling !
    Weakling used Air Cutter !
    Purugly used Faint Attack (on Cybertronic)
    Again
    And Again
    And Again
    A crit. hit ! Cybertronic fainted !

I have no luck ... also, in that same restaurant ...

Go Saver, Weakling!
    The foes sent out ROSELIA and FEEBAS.
    Weakling used Air Cutter ! |\\\\\ (Roselia's HP)
    Feebas fainted !
    Saver used Rain Dance !
    The foe's Roselia used Mega Drain !
    A Crit. Hit !
    It's super effective !
    ||||\\ (Roselia's HP)

Consequently, my last chance is I Hate You. Soo, grinding time !

GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN GRINDAN

Later :

I Hate You (Gastrodon) Lv. 33 @ Exp. Share
    Water Pulse
    Body Slam
    Hidden Power
    Rain Dance

Better ! After some more training, it's time for Wake, that gay fatass. I do remember his Ice Fanger, Floatzel, so weakling might be in trouble.

TEAM :

I Hate You (Gastrodon) Lv. 33 @ -
    Water Pulse
    Body Slam
    Hidden Power
    Rain Dance

Weakling (Crobat) Lv. 37 @ -

Fly
    Bite
    Air Cutter
    COnfuse Ray

BOX : (Oh, I went Rod Hunting in Eterna and Pastoria)

Back Me Up (Zubat) Lv. 6
    ARGHGHAGH (Remoraid) Lv. 11
    Useless (Bronzor) Lv. 14
    A Clone (Machop) Lv. 15
    W T F (Barboach) Lv. 17
    Soldier X (Staravia) Lv. 21

Dead :

Soldier (Starly)
    Lieutenant (Shellos)
    Cadet (Machop)
    Locotenent (Togepi)
    Hope (Onix)
    Soldier II (Staravia)
    Colonel (Gastly)
    Vee (Eevee)
    Survivor (Monferno)
    LastChance (Gyarados)
    Saver (Finneon)
    Recovery (Roselia)
    Cybertronic (Porygon)
    Rocky (Geodude)

Yes, I really suck at this. Daaaamn !! :P

Last edited:
    Years
    You're doing something wrong, 560cool. No offense but I think your challenge is about to end soon. D:

@Diablerie : Train your team. I mean it. I got my Pokemon to at least level 61 and yet I lost two of my main powerhouses. Cynthia's Garchomp is a rape machine. Don't say "I think we're ready", unless you want to finish the E4 with two Pokemon!

Anyhow, time for my (late) update.

Moti's Nuzlocke Challenge: Episode 7
    "Still Loving You"

Prologue
    I didn't get new team members. I still don't think I can get anything that would be an excellent replacement for Togekiss and Golduck... Oh well, at least the challenge is over in the next episode or two.

==============
    Previously...
    "Moti, don't take anyone for granted... You may never know what's gonna strike you and when..."
    "Young man, you are very strong... But are you sure you're capable of taking us all down?"
    "I'm sorry master, I failed..." *Derpa fainted.*
    "A lesson in war, kid... Don't ever put your best soldier at front."
    "Kid, Cynthia is looking for you... Are you sure you are ready?"
    "I don't know, am I...?"
    "Garchomp used Dragon Rush.
    Gento used Air Slash.
    Garchomp was left with 20 HP.
    GENTO FAINTED."
    "Nothing can replace them. They were two of my best friends. I will avenge them... Rest in peace, Gento and Derpa..."

==============
    "You know, the story ain't over..."
    "It is for me. I beat the Pokemon League. Besides, Dawn, I don't think I can keep going with the loss of Derpa and Gent---"
    *SLAP!*"And what about the other guys you lost?! Are they not important enough? You still moved on!"
    "Hmm... What is there to move on to anyway...?"
    "Stark Mountain. The Fight Zone. There are some things going on in there. Oh yeah, Rowan has something for you."
    "Then I will go and visit him. See you later, Dawn."
    "But wait, Moti! I---..."

But before she got to say anything, Moti had already left. Dawn sighed and sat next to Rowan's lab.

I showed Rowan my complete Pokedex, and all of sudden, Prof. Oak came in and gave me the National Pokedex. He then left. Rowan said I need to go to Snowpoint City and take the boat from there.

Hmm... But then I got a phone call from Sailor Eldrich of Canalave City. I flew there on Reaptide. He said I have to go to Fullmoon Island and get him a Lunar Wing. I then encountered a beautiful, lunar Pokemon, who shortly flew away... It was Cresselia. I know we're destined to meet again...
    And so I got the Lunar Wing, gave it to the kid and got some information about Darkrai... I will meet him, too...

Then, I flew to Snowpoint City and went to the sailor. When suddenly, a familiar face appeared.

"What the heck are you doing here, Cynthia..."
    "Moti... I'm sorry for your Togekiss...."
    "You even gave it to me. Remember? The egg in Eterna City? It was Togepi. My Gento. That your Garchomp KILLED."
    "You know... I'm sure you can find someone to replace him..."
    "Please, I don't wanna talk about it... I'd rather you just go away. Please."
    "As you wish... I'll see you, then..."
    "Whatever..."

Cynthia walked away. The sailor looked at Moti strangely.
    "Nevermind what just happened here. Let's go."
    And so I took the boat to the Fight Zone. Wirtual was there, waiting for me. He then dragged me to the entrance of the Battle Frontier, where I saw Flint and Volkner blocking the way.
    Flint. The one who killed Derpa. Why am I forced to see them both at the same time?!
    They challenged us to a double battle. I sent out Oniria, Wirtual sent out Staraptor, while they sent Houndoom and Luxray. Oniria EQ'd them both. Then, Jolteon and Flareon came out. Another Earthquake and they were both history. Then they sent out Electivire and Magmortar. I switched to Caution, since Magmortar's Flamethrower can destroy Oniria in one hit. Electivire took out Wirtual's Staraptor and Empoleon, but his Snorlax took Electivire down while Luxray charged at Magmortar and 2HKO'd it with Spark.
    And so the battle was over. I also met up with Wirtual's dad, Palmer, who is the Tower Tycoon.

After picking up some berries, getting the Super Rod from the local fisherman, and getting Medusa the Tentacruel out of the box and teaching it some HMs, I moved on to Route 230. I fought some swimmers with Pokemon I haven't seen usually. Then, a huge grassland. I knew that if I use the PokeRadar, I have a chance of finding a Togepi in there... And so I used it. But luck wasn't at my side, and my so-called "replacement" for Gento was... a Weepinbell. Yuck.
    I caught it and named her Hatzil. I boxed her. I also took out Rigel the Bibarel for more HM abusage. Taking down more trainers, in Route 229, I caught myself an Illumise. I named her Gina.
    Moving on, I found the Resort Area. In there, I saw a big house but then I immediantly got shunned from it because my Pokemon doesn't have a lot of ribbons. Meh.
    Then, moving forward... This guy gave me a Villa, all of sudden. o_O
    I could use a resting place, actually. I ordered a small sofa and a bed. Dawn came in and chatted a bit. I had to move forward though.
    Catching some more Pokemon in the way (Hippowdon - Bastilia), I encountered an Ace Trainer. With a Golduck. (God dammit!!)
    Reaptide was already at yellow HP. It couldn't take another hit. And I had a pretty bad feeling... So I sacrificed Rigel, who took a full, critical hit of Hydro Pump. Then Caution took Golduck down.
    Moving on, it was already late. On the next route, I ecountered a Banette. Caught and named Hoodoo.
    Surfing to the west, I found the Survival Area. I rested the night in there.
    One day later, I visited the remaining routes. I ecountered a Rattata... -.-
    Terrance burned it. Taking down some more trainers, I noticed I went in circles and ended up in the Fight Area again. Welp, I flew back to Survival Area andd moved on to Route 227. In there, I caught a Camerupt, named her Pararell. I then encountered Wirtual and Wake. Then, I saw Buck, whom I met the day before at the Volkner&Flint battle. In Stark Mountain (outside) I saw another Camerupt... Decided to pass it away. But... wait... what's this?!

My eyes didn't decieve me. It was two galactic grunts. Those guys actually still exist? I think I heard them say something about Charon being the leader... Looks like I got some more work to do... But that could wait. I was feeling tired already.

I went back to my villa, and went in the bed.

"Um... Are you going to sleep?"
    "I deserve this rest..."
    "Mind if I step in?", Dawn asked quietly.
    "Sure, whatever..."
    "So, what are you thinking about...?"
    Moti was already with his eyes closed.
    "My fallen friends... I just can't move on..."
    "Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"
    "I don't know... I really don't... I think we should just go to sleep."
    Dawn sighed, cuddled next to Moti and they both fell asleep. For the time being, at least. There are things going on. Bad things. The story ain't over.

TO BE CONTINUED.

Party

Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

Too lazy to name all of my Boxed Pokemon.

COMING UP NEXT ON EPSIODE 8: Stark Mountain, Galactic stuff, and maybe epic finale!

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    You're doing something wrong, 560cool. No offense but I think your challenge is about to end soon. D:

I know ! :O I'm currently grinding my team two Pokemon to Lv. 40 before attempting Wake. I've lost plenty of stuff because the game hates me and scores criticals. Honestly, I've never finished a Nuzlocke, because my team always died by the time I reached the ... 3rd Gym ?
    I'm careless and sloppy. But I KNOW these two won't die. Seriously.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I know you believe in your team , Diablerie. But this is my team. THIS WASN'T IN NUZLOCKE THOUGH.

Empleon-51 (for flint)
    Gallade- 52 (Leaf Blade for Bertha, good attacker)
    Leafeon-52 (For Bertha)
    Rapidash-53 (For Aaron)
    Giratina-50 (For Lucian)
    Electivire-50

PWNED Aaron

Leafeon's Grass Knot pwned Bertha, but her Gliscor gave me lots of crap.

I sent Empleon against Flint and it got raped twice over, so I had to beat him with Gallade and Electivire.

Lucian's Gallade killed everyone but Giratina. I made a comeback win.

Then comes cynthia.

I'm pretty sure everyone fainted at one time or another.

Some facts: Electivire got beat by Togekiss, Rapidash was near killed by Roserade.

I beat Garchomp by it missing twice and me getting a crit.

Anyway:

@niprop, thats a relief that we can heal at E4
    @560 cool: I was very confident in my team going into Chuck's Gym until I got raped by Poliwrath.

HG Nuzlocke challenge news!!!!

I caught Marill after Prof. Oak talked about it on the radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Improved Team

Chico Lv. 30

: Blu Lv. 27

: J'snags Lv. 31

(HM SLAVES and an eevee in training)

I caught Red Gyarados but it got killed by Electabuzz.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I was very confident in my team going into Chuck's Gym until I got raped by Poliwrath.

I'm really sorry for your team. Mostly because I know how you feel... *points towards Locke, my rival*
    And now, I wanna prove myself and show that I can beat this. I know you do too ! :D

Previously on Nuz's Nuzlocke ...

I got raped by anyone... Most of the other challengers say my trip's gonna end... But I'm gonna prove myself !

I flew to Hearthome and went down into the Trophy Garden ! *hopes for a Pikachu/Pichu*
    Gets a Pikachu ! HELL YES !
    I nicknamed the rat "Beat Wake". That's what I need to do. I MUST ! >:-)

GRINDAN ! Beat Wake learned Thunderbolt ! What ?! Beat Wake is evolving !
    Yes, now I got all I need. I'm ready to raise my team's levels and beat anyone I can. I'M GONNA PROVE MYSELF ! And laugh in your face, hehe !

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    EDIT: Dammit sorry guys wrong Nuzlocke thread, can a mod delete this?

Last edited:

rew_s11

ERROR 404
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    I will try on platinum :)

- named myself Reaper and rival barry
    - chose chinchar
    - did starting things
    - forgot to nickname chinchar
    - brought 3 pokeballs(sandgem)
    - caught a biddof in lake verity,named ronaldo
    - told my mom that I will leave school to became a pkm trainer
    - did useless thing in jublife
    - caught starly in route 204
    - caaught psyduck(filter) in raveged path
    - failed to catch shinix in route 203
    - caught zubat(drake in oreburg cave)
    - stored drake
    - caught geodude(Coal) in oreburg mine,stored
    - chimchar evolved
    - beat roark
    Geodude and onix fall to filters water gun
    swith to monferno and took a headbut from cranidos,mach punch and...
    Cranidos got a critical hit and killed my monferno. :k
    Send Filter and Killed cranidos with water gun

I wish my starter could have a longer life...

- caught a kricketot(Bug) in route 207,stored
    - withdraw Coal
    - trained a little
    - recruit evolved
    - caught shellos(sheila),stores
    - brought 5 heal balls(Floaroma)
    - beat galatics and mars,abused intimidade
    - caught Buizel(Barney),stored it
    used 2 heal balls on him

- recruit - Lv 15- calm - route 204
    double team,growl,quick attack,wing attack

- Filter - Lv 15 - serious - raveged path
    water sport,scratch,tail whip,water gun

- Coal Lv 16- serious Oreburg Mine
    magnitude,rock throw, defence curl,rock polish
    ronaldo - Lv 8 - serious - unaware - Lake verity
    tackle,growl,rock smash (HM SLAVE)

Stored:
    Spoiler:

Failed:
    Spoiler:

Dead:
    Spoiler:

any sugestion on my team?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Stick me down for diamond.
    Just failed a RSE run trying to get the third badge, but I know how it works now so should be a little easier this time, although I prefer the Hoenn region :/

Desmume isn't working :/ and I can't work out how to save on no$ sorry

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @560 cool, thanks for that but I built my team back up to its former stature, the best of luck to your team.

@rews11 Cranidos got two crits on My Monferno in Diamond Nuzlocke and it still survived

Anywaaaaaaaay,

-Beat Rockets
    -Went to train on Rt. 47
    -Blaze the Red Gyarados dies
    -Go beat the rest of the Rockets

I challenge Price

J'snags uses Spark until seel is near dead, then Pryce switches out to Piloswine.
    I switch to Blu and it SPAMS mud bomb (why do all gl's spam?, see chart a) I fight past the inaacuracy to kill it with surf and j'snags kills Seel and Dewgong.

CHART A:

FALKNER SPAMS SAND ATTACK
    BUGSY SPAMS U-TURN
    WHITNEY SPAMS MILK DRINK
    MORTY SPAMS CURSE
    CHUCK SPAMS FOCUS PUNCH
    PRICE SPAMS MUD BOMB

I think this is worthy of being called:

TEAM NUZLOCKE:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.