• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
    Thought i'd give this a go, i got time on my hands.
    I am doing the Soul Silver Nuzlocke challenge..

-I have my starter Pokemon Cyndaquil, Its name is Tyrant ( I know what tyrant is before you guys start going WTF; why that name? )
    -I have my poke'dex from Mr pokemon.
    -I caught A rattata called slam, who is sadly 'died' It survived From level 3 to level 7. CURSE YOU RANDOM LEVEL FOUR RATTATA :D
    -I am currently looking for a level 4 male zubat in Dark cave to refill the gap ;P.

-Oh hang on just found level 3, it will have to do ;)
    -Managed to get that pokemon called it FANG
    -Trained them all a bit
    -Went to the bellsprout tower caught a gastly called SHADOW.
    -Then to the Gym and the first trainer and his Spearow killed fang; well to say the least I turned off my DS and rage quited. :S
    Will share more when I want to release Fang and carry on.
    ~Kian

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Painful news.... because I didn't grind much before 7th gym, I lost 4 pokemon.... Bird lost when I was careless vs a trainer with Gyarados, and other 3 were sweeped by Tate & Liza. Only "surviving" memebers are now Muscle (Machamp, Lv38) and Nigel (Swampert, Lv44). :(

Deaths
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    As I just said in the scramble challenge, I lost all my challenges after I accidentally deleted my save files. My challenge is over.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I will start this challenge on Pokemon Emerald right now

I be doing Rule 1, Rule 3, Rule 4, Rule 5 and Rule 6 :D

Name: Nuzstar

Pokemon:

:mudkip;): Superwater Level 7

Tackle
    Growl
    Mud-Slap

Screenshots:

My first Pokemon Superwater winning his first ever trainer battle:

The Nuzlocke Challenge

My second Pokemon that first to be seen in the first route that gotten to be called Superworm:

The Nuzlocke Challenge

I be just training up Super-worm now :)

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Oh. Yes.

So, today I finally remembered I have an ongoing Sapphire run. The last update was a while ago, which you can see here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6323595#post6323595
    Quite a long time ago. I think only a couple challengers will remember that thread... Anyhow, let's begin.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Starting a Nuzelock on my RUBY emulator. I doubt I'll make it very far though. Using these rules:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, it will be put in either "Heaven" or "Hell"
    2. You can only catch one Pokemon in each Area.
    3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon
    4. No catching legendaries.
    5. No Trading
    6. Make Comics whenever something happens.

Okay so I was going to do comics but I just don't feel like it.

I started Ruby, and got a Mudkip and named it Lenovo. Went through the boring storyline and bad character development quickly thanks to the speed up button. I got my pokeballs and went out to catch something...I prayed for it to be a Wingull on the first root. It was...

A wurmple. I named it Fujitsu and trained it until it became a Silcoon. I had an ok team I guess. One 4x resists the second gym, and the other is super effective against everything in the first. After training on the lower routes, I went up to the top one to catch something else. I prayed for either a Poochyena or a Wingull and got...

A Zigzagoon. So I named it Dell and trained it a little. It has pickup so yay. After training and somehow now dieing, I moved on to the next route with all the trainers. This time, I prayed for anything not a wurmple or zigzagoon. And I got...

A zigzagoon. So I named it eMachines and didn't bother training it as it can use pickup yay! So I went through all of that and made it to the next route with the ocean. I ran into the grass, praying for anything but a Zigzagoon. And I got...

A zigzagoon. So I named it IBM and didn't bother training it as it can use pickup yay! So I went through all of that and made it to viridian forest Petalburg woods. I ran into the grass, praying for anything but a Zigzagoon. (Also my Silcoon evolved into Beautifly so yay for that)

I ran into a Cascoon but I only had one pokeball left and it didn't catch him. Whatever. I just really need a Taillow or something right now because I have no flying types and it makes me sad.

Current party

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Lenovo Level 11
    -Tackle
    -Water Gun
    -Growl
    -Mud Slap

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Fujitsu Level 12
    -Tackle
    -Absorb
    -Poison Sting
    -Harden (lol)

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Dell Level 10
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Tail Whip
    -Headbutt

Slaves

eMachines--Zigzagoon (Pickup)
    IBM---------Zigzagoon (Pickup)

-Heaven-

-Hell-

Last edited:

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    2. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    3. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    4. No catching legendaries.
    5. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    6. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)
    7. You can only use normal Pokemon balls to capture Pokemon (Safari balls are the only exception)
    8. Though gyms - once when you enter a gym, you can't go out unless you beat the gym leader and you have to beat all trainers
    9. You can't run away from wild Pokes unless your Pokemon's ability is Run Away (self destructing Geodudes will be a pain in the neck)
    10. Each Pokemon can't be less than 5 levels lower than the highest level Pokemon
    11. There has to be the same number of pokemon in my party as the gym I'm challenging (1st gym - 1 Pokemon, 2nd gym - 2 Pokemon etc.)

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Pokemon Leaf Green:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Chapter #1: Team Red, GO!

Started my game, A mashed through the intro, named myself Red and my rival Gary (fail, his grandfather can't remember his name xD). Started my journey in Pallet Town. Wanted to go outside of the town, but Prof. Oak stopped me. I was given my first own Pokemon. I have chosen Charmander named Scott.

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    My future partner through thick and thin.

Defeated Gary for the first time and moved on. I prayed for not encountering anything on Route 1, but I encountered a Pidgey on the last patch of grass (no pokemon for Route 1 -.-). Got the Oak's parcel and delivered it to Prof. Oak. Got a Pokedex and five Poke Balls. After that, I headed to Route 22 and wanted to catch a Mankey, but I encountered a little Rattata, caught it and named it Sarah. I grinded Scott to lvl 10 and battled Gary. In fear of a critical hit, I had to use one Potion, besides that, Gary was easy. Encountered another Rattata on Route 2, caught it and named her Palin. In Viridian Forest I encountered a Caterpie, which I caught and named Caroline, but only to realize that it was male (sry pal). Moved on and after a lot of battles I finally got to Pewter City. I restored my Pokemons health, Boxed Sarah, Palin and Caroline and rushed into the 1st Pokemon gym. The first trainer was a breeze and something cool happened after the battle.

The Nuzlocke Challenge
    Scott has become two times as awesome as before.

Challenged Brock and here's my battle against him:
    Spoiler:

Badges obtained:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Team Red:
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Scott @ /
    Lv. 17
    Bold Nature
    Blaze
    -
    The Nuzlocke Challenge Scratch
    -The Nuzlocke Challenge Growl
    -The Nuzlocke Challenge Metal Claw
    -The Nuzlocke Challenge Ember

Boxed / Day-cared Pokemon:
    /

Deceased Pokemon : /

Encounters:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Too much free time - That's what I currently am suffering from
    • The games on my laptop - Right now I'm sick of pretty much every single one of them. There's nothing that particularly interests me in the shelf either.
    • The exception - Pokemon, which I haven't played for quite a while
    • Innovative - I am not
    Conclusion? Time to play some Pokemon, and instead of trying something new, I'm just going to do something that never gets (too) old - a Nuzlocke.
    However, just so it won't be too easy, I might try and play some kind of hack. Then again, that just means additional grinding. The solution? Play a GSC hack where grinding takes less time than on 3rd generation hacks and therefore will be less of an issue. I still have Pokemon Crystal World somewhere on my computer and can't remember ever having played it. So, that one it is. I am sooooo going to regret this. But it's not like I can't just retreat into the shadows of inactivity once again should my motivation not suffice to either win or lose. Anyway...
    Let's do this
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

And no, I didn't manage to find a better smiley. That one here already took >10 minutes to find...

Spoiler:

What did you expect?
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Last edited:

ParanoidMocha

Paranoid since '98
    Years
    Sign me up!

I'm on Pokemon GOld
    My team is

Hephaestus the level 15 Quilava
    Hipnos the level 12 Hoothoot
    Golem the level 13 Geodude
    Hades the level 6 Rattata

GOt first badge.Dupes Clause Enabled,Shinies can be caught whenever(NOt Red Gyarados tho)
    Nickname Theme: Mytholgoy Characters

Years
    Let's continue playing the bizarre abomination that is Pokemon Crystal World!
    Spoiler:

Third time's the charm - if memory serves me correctly, that motto worked for me in Ruby (?), but failed in FR Omega - or was it E386? I don't know. Like it matters. What about this time?

Spoiler:

It was not to be.

Last edited:
    Years
    Just for the heck of it, I'm trying this again. Be it to embarrass myself once more or to regain my honor.
    Spoiler:

Not dead yet. That's something :)
    Spoiler:

Still not dead.
    Spoiler:

Two or three days of nothing later, I finally play some more: I train my Eevee up from level 30 to 42 or so. Still didn't evolve.
    I decide to find a spot with higher-leveled Pokemon. Well, too bad Route 38 (Ecru.-Oliv.) is glitchy and weird and made the game freeze pretty soon. I don't have a screenshot because stupid photobucket stopped uploading at 94% and froze as well (apparently this is infectious), but let's just say it was a bizarre sight. So, since the game apparently doesn't continue past this point... let's say I beat it
    The Nuzlocke Challenge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    In the midst of a challenge on my Platinum cart. So far I have a deceased Grottle and Shellos, leaving me with a combee, onix, and magikarp. Bah. I'll start sketching up my progress.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
    Years
    Almost the the Me on Black. My team: Dewott (not evolved for a reason), Bouffalant, Simisear (suprisinly survived up ta here), Scrafty, Audino, and Tranquill. Lost about six members, but have around ten boxed, anlong with my team, so around sixteen caught and not dead. I'm probably do a LeafGreen run next.

Sayumi

Pokemon Maniac
    Years
    Ahh~ I'm doing a Nuzlocke Challenge on Ruby.

My team:

Koga (Marshtomp) : LEVEL 28
    Shena (Mightyena) : LEVEL 25
    Deira (Kirlia) : LEVEL 25
    Seika (Dustox) : LEVEL 25
    Kiaru (Electrike) : LEVEL 27
    Tobi (Swablu) : LEVEL 26

I haven't played in about a week or so, but I'm going for my 4th gym badge. Hurah! I've only lost 2 Pokemon also. (Haruna = Whismer | Aries = Numel) Not a huge loss, so I was okay with it.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I've been itching to do a Nuzlocke for a while... anyway this will be played on Ruby.

Rules:
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries.
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    7. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years
    I just started a Nuzlocke of LeafGreen to keep me occupied while waiting for stuff, and I will now begin for you my Nuzlocke journal!

Leaf Green Journal #1

It started out with a dream. Not one of those wonderful dreams where you're floating through a magical field of rainbows, cupcakes, and unicorns, but a scary one where you're sitting in a blank room and a creepy old man can't tell which gender you are and forgets his own grandson's name. It was utterly traumatic, I'm sure none of you have ever experienced such a terrible, terrible nightmare.

Anyway, I woke up to begin my glorious Pokemon journey at the ripe old age of ten years old. It's the perfect age to go around taming monstrous dragon creatures with superpowers! I go prancing off to live my epic adventure and AM SUDDENLY ASSAULTED FROM THE CREEPY OLD GUY FROM MY DREAM! OMGOMGOMGOMG. He forces me to come to his lab because he has something to show me, but everything turns out much better than the utter horror I expected. Unfortunately, his grandson was there, proving once again that this particular old man desperately needs to be put in a home. DESPERATELY. But I got my first Pokemon, a Docile Charmander who I named Trogdor (if you read my Fire Monotype Run, this is a bit of a theme). Oak's grandson, who makes up for being so utterly forgettable by being a total jerk, picks Squirtle. Just to be a jerk. I don't know his name, but I think I'll call him Arse. And while I'm at it, I'll have Trogdor scratch his Squirtle to death. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM APPLES?
    Knowing the dangers of our quest and fairly certain that only one of us is going to make it out of this alive, Trogdor and I set off to Viridian City to take part in the oh-so-dangerous task of being… DELIVERY BOYS. Or, more accurately, DELIVERY GIRL AND A FLAMING DELIVERY LIZARD. But that doesn't roll off the tongue as well. Trogdor scratched some rats and birds to death and learned Ember along the way, so he left a small trail of charred corpses behind us as we went back to Oak, where he demanded that Arse and I let him live vicariously through us. FINE, then. I WON'T live my own dreams.

I grabbed my Pokeballs and my 90s version of Bulbapedia and went on my merry way. Again. In the process, I caught Trogdor a friend, a male Level 2 Pidgey named Winged Rat. He wanted a more complimentary nickname, but I said no. Mwahaha. Now I'm in the process of training him up a bit… WILL HE SURVIVE? Only time will tell!
    Spoiler:

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I've never done any kind of challenge or anything, but recently I was inspired to try this. I am playing a FireRed challenge and a Diamond one, but I'm putting FireRed on hold to focus on Diamond.

I just reached Jubilife, with a Shinx and my Chimchar. So far I have lost a level 2 Starly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back