• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
  • Misty's return, Aaron, and Celestic Contest (there may be more, but that's all I could find at the moment.)

It definitely isn't Celestic town, since we aren't due to go to Celestic town for another five episodes (according to TV.com), for Aaron, while it is likely that he would be appearing, I don't think it's dedicated to him (I don't think Lucian got a back-to-back, and Cynthia's appearance DEFINITELY didn't have a Back-to back with it either.). The only explaination for it is Misty's return. (Then again, they could do something similar to how they gave starly and bonsly evolution episodes a back to back episode, but...)

It could be a Misty & Aaron episode. That would be funny. Aaron:" What Gym do you lead?" Misty: "Cerulean City." Aaron: "Ah! Water-types!" Misty:"I'm not familiar with the Sinnoh Elite 4, what type do you specialize in?" Aaron:" Bugs." Misty: *Terrified look* "B-b-b-bugs?" Aaron:"Aren't they wonderful?" Misty:" I HATE BUGS!!!!"

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Grrgh... Well, looks like Misty's chances of appearing might be dangling from the cliff over lava (with one thread remaining on a broken rope):

DP 094 "Pachirisu's Fever! Care-taking by Two People!?"
    Takeshi goes off to a drugstore in order to pick up a special pokemon medicine. While he's away, Satoshi and Hikari are left to take care of things, including giving the pokemon a shower and making hand-made pancakes for everyone. However, problems arise when Pachirisu develops a high fever...!

DP 095 "The Pokemon Contest! The Kan'nagi Convention!!"

DP 096 "The Ginga-Dan's Charge!! (Part One)"
    The Ginga-Dan are desperately trying to get their hands on the legendary treasure, the Adamant Orb. Meanwhile, Satoshi and his friends head to the history museum in order to meet up with the Champion, Shirona. When they arrive, they meet the curator who shows them another treasure, the Lustrous Orb...

DP 097 "The Ginga-Dan's Charge!! (Part Two)"

Aside from the fact that Misty isn't even in these (yet anyways, the summaries for the Hippowdon episode didn't mention Butch and Cassidy appearing [aside from VAs, which were posted much later, and besides which, could just as easily have meant characters of the day with the same VAs], and then we learned that they did indeed appear. It can still be the same for Misty [heck, it could be at the end of the episode, similar to how Brock reappeared out of the blue in the second episode of Battle frontier (as in, when they are in Pallet town I mean.), or to a lesser extent, how Misty reappeared in the first episode of BF.), the DP094 seems a bit pointless to be part of a back-to-back episode. I mean, at least Bonsly's and Starly's evolve episodes had a bit of a reason, since they were the first episodes where one of the main cast's pokemon evolves, but unless Misty Reappears in the end of DP094, there won't be a point in doing this.

If they end up airing it and Misty returns, we'll call off the boycott, but if they don't have her appear, we WILL continue with the boycott. EVERYONE, Please announce to all Misty fans this, if they want Misty to return, and if they want to stop sexism, they MUST boycott pokemon, show the writer's finances no mercy.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • AAGGH! They knew we were expecting her and they dont release any information for almost a month about DP 94 and they expect us to handle this? GAAA!!! Writers! She'd better be there. Oh well... at least Shirona will make another appearance.

EDIT: BTW, its the tenth aniversary of the Dub! Happy Aniversary!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That could be a reason why information was not released until late but this is not a good sign at all. As I recall it was confirmed that May was going to be in the series long before her appearance so this really does not look good at all. Another thing which proves why I don't watch the series anymore, it has been nothing but let downs and false hope for five years now.

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
  • Hi all, I'm just saying hi because I haven't posted in this thread yet. You can call me Kez if you'd like. I'm a big fan of Misty from when I was younger and I want to get back in touch with that. i even cosplayed as her not too long ago, and if you want to talk or maybe see the pictures you can IM me on my AIM name. XD i hope to have fun here and I'll be catching up on the reading now!

Hi and pleace post here youre photos from that cosplay.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • That could be a reason why information was not released until late but this is not a good sign at all. As I recall it was confirmed that May was going to be in the series long before her appearance so this really does not look good at all. Another thing which proves why I don't watch the series anymore, it has been nothing but let downs and false hope for five years now.

I know... I'm begining to suffer Misty withdrawls. I had a dream nightmare about her last night getting shocked by Pikachu with Ash saying "I dont need you anymore!"

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Another thing which proves why I don't watch the series anymore, it has been nothing but let downs and false hope for five years now.
    Well that's because you watch Pokemon for Misty only and those let downs and false hopes have to do with Misty being gone.

I even wonder at this point if Misty will appear during the Shinou series. I know it's a spooky thought but it may happen unless the writers do something with Togetic and that new evo.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well that's because you watch Pokemon for Misty only and those let downs and false hopes have to do with Misty being gone.

Yeah, I know. And anyways, in regards to what Nickstr said, it's also the reason why I came up with the Boycott. I mean, I noticed how several companys, no matter their size, numbers, or manufacturing style, all have the exact same fear. that fear, is losing sales and revinue. I also anticipated that the writers might not listen to us, so I came up with the plan of a boycott as a Failsafe. I mean, whenever there is a strike at a store, the staff get's fearful of what will happen to their sales (since several customers will support the strikers by boycotting the people working at the store.).

And, to use a historical example, when the American Colonies started boycotting British Goods (when they were taxing them without their consent), the British Parliament (as well as their King) grew fearful about what will happen to their own country's revinues, even though they have countless other colonies that, should they rebel, would be even more disasterous than if we did (the East India Company and... well... India comes to mind), they imposed stricter policies to enforce their will and in an attempt to avoid conflict, which eventually boiled over when King George III decided to attack us for treason when we only tried to be diplomatic towards them, eventually leading towards the American Revolution. All this started from a boycott.

While I'm NOT saying that we should declare war on Japan. (and unlike Britian at that time, Japan's Government isn't dominated by corporate franchises.), We DO need to show them that, by messing with the wrong group, that there are DIRE consequences. And, since like I said before, Japan's Government isn't dominated by corporate franchises, we need FAR more people willing to go through with our cause than 10,000 (since that's roughly the population of Colonial America), or 50,000+ even, since that's the estimated total of the Petitions to bring Misty back right now.

I even wonder at this point if Misty will appear during the Shinou series. I know it's a spooky thought but it may happen unless the writers do something with Togetic and that new evo.

Err... could you reword it? I mean, no offense, but the way it's currently worded just doesn't make any sense (I mean, the way you worded it made it seem as though she would appear unless it's a togetic thing, which in itself counts as an appearance.)

Speaking of which, considering how Togekiss already debuted in Pokemon (it was seen however briefly in the Shaymin Movie), it's a fairly low chance that Misty's appearance will have ANYTHING to do with Togetic or its evolution. Then again, Dawn failed to capture Buneary twice before successfully capturing her own Buneary, so who knows?

BTW, I really hate to ask again, but did anyone see Part one of the Bring Misty Back video i made yet? I'm asking since I didn't get ANY reviews since I first posted the video, and I feel as though my hard work had been a waste (since I mainly did this for ALL my friends, both in real life AND for you guys) if it wasn't commented on. Heck, I'll even handle BAD reviews on here, just as long as I at least GET a review.

Anyways, that's all for now (And PLEASE Try and comment on Part one. I worked terribly hard on editing and uploading it, and I don't want to think it was all for naught. I mean, I'd prefer it if everyone commented on it, but a few would be fine, just as long as it at least gets a comment.)

EDIT: OK, more like 30,000 counting mine of 900-1000 from the known online petitions. Still, it's probably over 50,000 for areas without online petitions.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Err... could you reword it? I mean, no offense, but the way it's currently worded just doesn't make any sense (I mean, the way you worded it made it seem as though she would appear unless it's a togetic thing, which in itself counts as an appearance.)

Misty may not appear in Shinou. But if she does appear, it may have to do with the new Togetic evolution and her Togetic.

Weedle, there are only so many Misty fans and for ever Misty fan, there are about two Ash fans and twenty Pokemon fans who don't care a bit about Misty. With your boycott thing going on, you don't realize that Misty is very popular. Compare Misty to Miley Cyrus or whoever is popular these days. Do you see Misty fans walking around in yellow belly shirts and blue shorts? And do you think Misty's outfit is appropriate for younger girls? Short-shorts? Belly shirt? I like Misty but if someone in real life tried to pull that off as casual clothes, they'd end up looking like
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Weedle, there are only so many Misty fans and for ever Misty fan, there are about two Ash fans and twenty Pokemon fans who don't care a bit about Misty. With your boycott thing going on, you don't realize that Misty is very popular. Compare Misty to Miley Cyrus or whoever is popular these days. Do you see Misty fans walking around in yellow belly shirts and blue shorts? And do you think Misty's outfit is appropriate for younger girls? Short-shorts? Belly shirt? I like Misty but if someone in real life tried to pull that off as casual clothes, they'd end up looking like
    Spoiler:

Wait... WHAT?! Are you accusing me of saying we should follow Misty ad verbatem, and emulate her 100%? If you were, I'm just going to respond that that's not what I believe should happen at all. I only want people to emulate her personality and mostly her overall behavior (and if you saw the entire video, you'll know EXACTLY what I meant by that). I didn't say, nor imply to my knowledge, that they should wear the exact same clothes as her, dye their natural hair color in the exact same shade as her hair color, get greenish-blue eye contacts, or anything! I mean, I will agree with you that that's going a bit too far. I mean, I won't necessarily hate people in real life if they did that, but that doesn't mean that I would endorse it.

Besides, trying to follow a person or thing in 100% detail will only lead to disaster. Take the Puritans, for example: They attempted to follow the bible ad verbatem in 100% detail, and yet it only ended in disaster for them. since they tried to follow the bible word for word, they ended up in effect self destructing almost a few decades later due to witch trials and other aspects (like hypocracy).

Now, I'm not saying we shouldn't read the bible. In fact, I think I should try to read it when I have some free time, but that doesn't mean we should take it word-for-word.

Anyways, that's all for now.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I agree with Clair! That's a bad thing. I wouldnt want my female friends hitting me with large hammers, screaming at bugs or pulling me away by the ear every time I ask a girl out. Misty's personality should stay limited to HER!

I was just watching SPURT! on youtube, that has the biggest Pokeshipping hint since she left the show. The part with all the recurring characters on cards and they put Delia and Misty on the Queen of Hearts. Uhh, pretty sure since it's sung by Ash that's a representation of the two women he loves: his mother and Misty.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    No, NO, NO!! That's not what I meant!

Ok! I Meant that they should be intelligent, speak up for themselves, and not be afraid to defend themselves (or their friends, should their friends be in danger). The slapstick part of her personality was more for the entertainment of the audience and not ment to be taken literally.

Now, do you understand what I mean this time?

I hope so, because I don't want to have to explain again what I mean in a different way if you take it the wrong way.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • No, NO, NO!! That's not what I meant!

Ok! I Meant that they should be intelligent, speak up for themselves, and not be afraid to defend themselves (or their friends, should their friends be in danger). The slapstick part of her personality was more for the entertainment of the audience and not ment to be taken literally.

Now, do you understand what I mean this time?

I hope so, because I don't want to have to explain again what I mean in a different way if you take it the wrong way.

Ok, I was joking about the slapstick part, but you are asking people to become what they are not. I'm sure Misty would find it weird that someone is trying to convert people into clones of her. She'd probably say to just be yourself. I like Misty, but if people started acting like her, it would take away from what she is. Imitation may be the most sincer flattery, but having people behave like her is making her less unique. What you're describing, yes, I believe people should have those elements in their lives, but they need to do it THEIR way, not Misty's.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ok, I was joking about the slapstick part, but you are asking people to become what they are not. I'm sure Misty would find it weird that someone is trying to convert people into clones of her. She'd probably say to just be yourself. I like Misty, but if people started acting like her, it would take away from what she is. Imitation may be the most sincer flattery, but having people behave like her is making her less unique. What you're describing, yes, I believe people should have those elements in their lives, but they need to do it THEIR way, not Misty's.

Yeah, sorry, maybe I did give Misty too much of a role model for girls. Yeah, I know Misty would say something like that. But, well, considering how I saw how the girls acted in princess vs. princess (you know, how almost all of them in the store, aside from Misty and Jessie, of course, squealed like animals.), how... Well... "LH" depicted girls in a very bad manner (If you are a fan of that series, I'm sorry I mentioned it, but still...), and, according to someone named Redtye/Don on Youtube (the last part's his Bulbagarden Identity), Death Note, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and... well... "R1/2". I don't even know if there IS an alternative other than Misty and a select few. and Besides which, little kids, and even adolescent teens try and mimic whatever they see (the little kids is obvious, the teens part has more or less to do with the theory of Anorexia/Bulimia being caused by Modeling magazines, and how teens seem to mimic things like gang shootouts/chases [like what happened at Columbine], so it seems as though the only way to maintain good behavior and have people survive IS through Misty (and a select few other anime females.). do you see what I'm getting at.

Also, you were kidding about the Slapstick Part? Sorry for the Misunderstanding, it's hard for me to tell whether something's a joke or not.

BTW, speaking of Misty's determination, I wanted to note that Misty actually offered [or rather demanded] to try and help Pikachu in "Here comes the Squirtle Squad" (though it was only in the Japanese version, in the same scene where the Squirtle Squad, or rather, Meowth, threatens to execute Misty if Ash doesn't return by the afternoon. it's a shame that 4kids decided to change the reaction to almost a string of insults just because of dying her hair purple.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I agree with Clair! That's a bad thing. I wouldnt want my female friends hitting me with large hammers, screaming at bugs or pulling me away by the ear every time I ask a girl out. Misty's personality should stay limited to HER!

I was just watching SPURT! on youtube, that has the biggest Pokeshipping hint since she left the show. The part with all the recurring characters on cards and they put Delia and Misty on the Queen of Hearts. Uhh, pretty sure since it's sung by Ash that's a representation of the two women he loves: his mother and Misty.

I would not want that either but I did end up quoting Misty in real life when people kept thinking that a girl I hung around with was my girlfriend so I ended up saying "shes a girl and shes a friend but shes NOT my girlfriend" to deny that rumor. But even then I have ran across people who scream at bugs before but not pull me away when I try to ask a girl out. That whole thing with Misty on the queen of hearts in the card intro was really cool and I still think so today.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yeah, you can Join.

Welcome, Squirturtle!

(Gives her Starmie)

BTW, I'm having a really rough weekend.

I mean, first we kinda had to delay the AWA convention trip due to a miscommunication between my folks, and then today a friend and I had a "falling out" (I won't get into the specifics, but it basically has to do with bringing back Misty, and all of that stuff.). Finally, there's an "unreasonable to bring back Misty board on there" and people are stating that Misty didn't do much, and wasn't skilled. I tried to defend her (as well as our honor) as best as I could, but, while some people did eventually start seeing my points, others are ridiculing me.

On a positive note, at least I have met someone who's a misty fan (along with her friends) at the AWA convention (she was even wearing a Misty outfit.).

Also, I asked someone at school (who also was at the convention) if they still wanted to bring Misty back and wanted to stop the Female anime stereotype (since one of my relatives believes that maybe they misinterpreted the petition, or they just signed it just to be nice.), and she still supports it.

I didn't do the Petition this time though. One, my folks didn't want to have me do it again, two, I already did one. However. I CAN do it again, if you guys want me to.

Also, anyone seen the first part of the bring Misty back video? I'm sorry that I must ask, but I really need to hear your viewpoints in regards to it, since I at least would be comforted that my efforts weren't a waste. I mean, I must have comments. and can someone PLEASE try and comment this time?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Which? From kanto or advance?

To answer your question, Kanto (Or original series) In fact, she even carried around a stuffed togepi.

Also, I met two other Misty fans at the AWA convention on sunday (though only one actually wore the Kanto Misty outfit. the other was more a lucky guess.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back