• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Misty (Bring Her Back) Club !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The rumors really are flying now and another one just surfaced. A Spanish Pokemon fansite had posted an article saying that Misty is going to return very soon in Diamond and Pearl. This seemed legit until a bit further down it mentioned a confession of how Misty felt for Ash. Even then this is just another rumor but it could turn out like what happened in an Australian magazine recently which accurately predicted a plot that happened later on in the anime. I don't have my hopes up about this at all but if there is any confirmation either way from a legit source then I can say for sure if this is true or not.

^^ that would be really awsome, but I wouldn't bring my hopes up either :/

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    That seems like a good plan considering how many of these rumors are flying around. But all these rumors are a good thing, they show that Misty might be gone but she is far from forgotten well by her fans and other members of the Pokemon fandom at least. There is still hope but I have not seen any messages about this from official sources so it does seem like she is forgotten by those on the Pokemon writing staff.

Years
  • It's wonderful that fans haven't forgotten. That does mean a lot. It's kinda sad that the writers forget their own faboulous creation... :/

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    It is sad and this is what I believe is happening though. I really hope what I said involving the writers forgetting about Misty is not true but for now there is always the older episodes from the first five seasons and I happen to have every single Misty centered episode ever made including her Hoenn appearances and that terrible Mastermind special on my computer. And I have heard what the people who still watch the Pokemon anime have said about Misty such as that she is not important anymore. This statement can't be further from the truth, she is still very important and still has a massive fanbase not just in the US but WORLDWIDE and I say that any character who has that kind of following is still important. Others have said that her story is finished, there are many other things for Misty to do and her story will truly not be finished until the series is canceled and the same thing can be said of other past characters too.

A-one

I'll be back!!!!
    Years
  • I still watch the old Pokemon episodes whenever i get the chance to, Pokemon Orange is being broadcast here XD.
    There is no way anyone gonna forget Misty she's had a huge impact on the success of Pokemon. I still believe that she's gonna make an appearance soon.

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
  • Mkay, here's the deal. I was in this club way back when under a different username. And now I'm back, still a Misty devotee and ready to bring the holy war to the nonbelievers. Yes, I fully believe that violence is perfectly acceptable to convince someone of the right way of thinking. Or am I just making this all up as I go along? You'll never know.

I haven't caught up with the show lately, so I'm out of the loop there, but I do so adore the Indigo League DVDs.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    I have not seen the show regularly in five years so I know exactly what you mean. The nickname is interesting and describes another interest of mine, electronics. Quite a few of us are like that and I personally have been a fan of Misty for quite some time. This has lead to me being chosen as one of two who took over a Misty fan site earlier on this year by the person originally involved and being promoted to a staff member on the attached forums.

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
  • *rejoins, nabs Misty, and runs*

No seriously, I used to be a member of this club under two different nicknames, and now I"m back to stay (hopefully).

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Nice to see a lot of guys returning =D
    I was just reading the manga "Electric tale of Pikachu" its way better than the TV series.

Meh, No offense, A-one, but, even if "Electric tale of Pikachu" was better than the TV series, they kinda degraded Misty in that manga, which made that version my least favorite incarnation of Misty. I mean, for one thing, she seemed to act more like the anime version of her sisters than what her canon personality was. Also, they placed her in situations similar to Naru Narusegawa and the Hinata Inn female residents (Like for example, the Japanese version had her in a hot springs, she was then disturbed by Ash, Brock, and I think Mikey, and... well, to keep it tasteful, let's just say she was... "exposed" in embarassment. This was cut out of the American series, of course.). Also, Ono seemed to forget that Misty was supposed to be a redhead and instead made her a brunette.

And anyways, unlike most manga, which usually comes first and then the Anime series, in this case, it's the other way around. you know, just FYI.

also, welcome back to the club, Master Electrician and Phoenix Mew.

Well, In regards to the rumor about the supposed "DP094", I'm certain that there is a chance that it isn't true. I should mention that, should the Info be true, we must wait until that episode airs (Yes, the Japanese info might mention Misty being in it, but we must make certain that she actually IS returning, and a surefire way to find out is via DP094 since they have sideshows involving the main cast. If Misty turns out to be in this sideshow, then that means she is returning.)

Now, I've seen that several people are claiming that Misty isn't returning to the main cast just because "The Director said so". However, I think this director was also demoted from his position come Season 10 (I think WPM explicitly stated that he was now only a mere storyboard artist.), and heck, even Kasumi admitted that fact as well, so he probably wouldn't be able to know for certain that Misty won't return or not. Besides, he also had absolutely no idea that Platinum was going to be released despite the fact that it's been heavily advertized in the past few months, and two pokemon forms only available in Platinum are in the recent movie, and he definitely was serious since WPM was there and he said he definitely seemed serious about his not knowing about Platinum, so I am certain that he might be dead wrong about Misty returning (and, heck, even the 5th generation and Ash and Pikachu being untouchable towards replacement.).

Of course, even if he WAS still the director, I still wouldn't be too certain about the legitimacy of his claims. If I recall correctly, he, as well as his writing staff, also said in an interview with 4kids in the Directors commentary of the 3rd movie that Ash's father will be appearing in season 5, and that obviously never came to pass.

Also, I plan on setting up a room for the upcoming AWA convention to rally up people in attempting to bring back Misty, as well as stop the constant amounts of sexism in Anime, and maybe even the entire world.

Also, what did you guys think about Part one of my Misty video? I mean, I barely heard any comments in regards to it. I was just wondering, of course.

Well, that's all for now.

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
  • Now, I've seen that several people are claiming that Misty isn't returning to the main cast just because "The Director said so".
    It's VERY bad news if this director REALLY said so :(
    A Spanish Pokemon fansite had posted an article saying that Misty is going to return very soon in Diamond and Pearl. This seemed legit until a bit further down it mentioned a confession of how Misty felt for Ash. Even then this is just another rumor but it could turn out like what happened in an Australian magazine recently which accurately predicted a plot that happened later on in the anime. I don't have my hopes up about this at all but if there is any confirmation either way from a legit source then I can say for sure if this is true or not.
    What?! O.o They have great imagination and it would make so happy every misty fan but we know it's not true. i only wonder why they wrote this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    It is sad news considering the first five seasons of Pokemon are disappearing from TV all over the world and are only shown every once in a while. This is also the most popular part of the series if you go by the ratings. Diamond and Pearl is only pulling off HALF what the original series did at an average of about 7.4% while the original generation had an average of about 12% and a peak of 14.8% back in 1999.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    It's VERY bad news if this director REALLY said so :(

Yeah, he did say this. Fortunately, though, he's no longer a director. And I know this because our friend Water Pokemon Master, a former member of this club, the headmaster of Pokebeach, and the one who did the interview, explicitly called him the "former director", and said he was the director of the show from "Seasons 1 through 9". Kasumi and at least one other person on BMGf even hinted that his influence on the show is waning.

Besides, even IF he was still directing pokemon by season 10 and up, that doesn't mean that he is infallable to mistakes (with certain exceptions, such as why Tracey left/was created and what was with the GS ball, and even the cast change, to a certain extent.). I mean, he as well as his writing staff told 4kids in an interview (sometime between the 3rd movie and the second) that Ash's father will reveal himself in Season 5, and we all know what happened in Season 5. Plus, there was also the fact that, despite his bragging how the Pokemon games and anime will have "Tons of generations to come", he had absolutely no idea that there was even a Pokemon Platinum, much less Arceus. Heck, WPM even mentioned that he sounded legitimate in his shock and ignorance.

Heck, his explicitly stating that the sole reason they replace the girls is for "eye candy" is in itself a mistake, since it is sexist not only to girls, but to us guys as well, which, if we mention this message throughout the world, would actually encourage people to boycott the franchise, not only to bring Misty back, but to eliminate sexism on Pokemon at least. In fact, the reason why they removed brock and created Tracey was because of paranoia about us thinking that Brock was a racial stereotype (and the Jynx incident only made it worse.). They feared calls of racism, yet they don't mind if they act sexist, even though that's just as bad, if not worse than racism?

Anyways, no matter what he said, I personally won't take him seriously, since he has made some mistakes in the past, and besides which, he's no longer the director (then again, despite the interview saying in fine print that he is a former director and is now only a storyboard artist by Season 10, people still say what he says is written in stone, and mocked and bashed me whenever I tried to point out some fallacies in his arguement. In fact, the only ones who DIDN'T mock me and actually agreed with me were Kasumi (the BMGf Mod, I mean), and WPM.).

What?! O.o They have great imagination and it would make so happy every misty fan but we know it's not true. i only wonder why they wrote this.

Hey, most of the Pokemon fans said the same thing about that Australian magazine "K-Zone" in regards to it's episode summaries, and, guess what? they were right about almost all of the episode summaries. I'm not saying that the Spanish fansite is 100% true, but, for all we know, it could end up like "K-Zone".

and besides, considering how the writers allowed Fantina to get away with leaving the Gym unattended for who knows how long despite that action being against the rules and regulations of the PIA, and since Ash is ultimately going to challenge Fantina's gym, she's ultimately going to get away with it. If they allowed her to get away with such a heinous act, who says that they can't have Gyarados accidentally cause the Gym to be shut down? The only doubts I have with that summary (aside from it being valid or not) is the whole "Big Reveal". then again, considering how the writers had us wait 9 whole seasons for Brock's mom to finally appear on the main show (I mean of course the Japanese fanbase, since elsewhere, she's kinda 6 feet under), and 5 seasons if one counts chronicles.

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
  • Meh, No offense, A-one, but, even if "Electric tale of Pikachu" was better than the TV series, they kinda degraded Misty in that manga, which made that version my least favorite incarnation of Misty. I mean, for one thing, she seemed to act more like the anime version of her sisters than what her canon personality was. Also, they placed her in situations similar to Naru Narusegawa and the Hinata Inn female residents (Like for example, the Japanese version had her in a hot springs, she was then disturbed by Ash, Brock, and I think Mikey, and... well, to keep it tasteful, let's just say she was... "exposed" in embarassment. This was cut out of the American series, of course.). Also, Ono seemed to forget that Misty was supposed to be a redhead and instead made her a brunette.

And anyways, unlike most manga, which usually comes first and then the Anime series, in this case, it's the other way around. you know, just FYI.

also, welcome back to the club, Master Electrician and Phoenix Mew.

Well, In regards to the rumor about the supposed "DP094", I'm certain that there is a chance that it isn't true. I should mention that, should the Info be true, we must wait until that episode airs (Yes, the Japanese info might mention Misty being in it, but we must make certain that she actually IS returning, and a surefire way to find out is via DP094 since they have sideshows involving the main cast. If Misty turns out to be in this sideshow, then that means she is returning.)

I honestly thought Misty was fan-service in the 'Electric Tale of Pikachu.' I still wish I had that manga, but it's so hard to find ;-;

Ah, I also heard a ton of rumors of her returning in any episodes in the DP090's. Which, should be around October?

But, the Director like everyone has said, stated that her return for GOOD isnt going to happen any time soon. But, like some have said, he's no longer the director.

So to be optimistic...there is still hope ^^;;

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I mean, for one thing, she seemed to act more like the anime version of her sisters than what her canon personality was.
    Really? I didn't notice her personality was like her sisters' and I've read that volume many times.

Oh, uh this manga is canon btw. You should say "anime personality" and you know, the games were first so the true Misty is the gymleader in Cerulean aka the girl from GSC with a boyfriend.

Also, Ono seemed to forget that Misty was supposed to be a redhead and instead made her a brunette.

Actually, weird enough, she had orange hair in volume 3 and I think volume 4. She also wore her original outfit.
    I have volume 1 and 3 and some chapters from 2 and 4 in comic book format.

this is the notorious fanservicy Misty from the Ono manga, if anyone is curious

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back