• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • I seriously have no luck with these.
    I finally had enough time to complete my challenge or so I thought.I tried to take on Surge I've had no problems with him in the past especially when I had a diglet.First thing I lost gloom to the Double team Spamming Gym trainer with the pikachu. I thought I still had an advantage over surge though,(I was wrong) He critted on Diglet faining him and then just spammed Shock Wave. I considered trying to train some of my Box Pokemon but there's only like a spearow and a rattata. So with that another Nuzlocke Challenge failed perhaps I'm just not cut out for this challenge.

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    ...I`m totally joining in on this if I can.

Can I?

If I can, then I`ll be using Platinum. I need to restart it, anyway.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    i'll do this on pokemon ruby, and since ur not really keeping records, i probably won't be updating

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Update 8:
    -I start this update by battling the Snorlax on Route 16. While I can't catch it, it will still give out some good experience. Led with Bubbles, who managed to take the Snorlax down after a long battle with about half health left.
    -Next I decided to head back to Lavender, and would this time try to catch the second and final Snorlax left in the game.
    -Made my way down Route 12, clearing all of the trainers until I reached Snorlax.
    -This was a high risk, high reward move. Snorlax is a strong pokémon, so could theoretically kill one of my pokémon. It also has an incredibly low catch rate, which combined with rest could mean one long battle. So I decided before starting that if it looked like one of my team may die I would just kill the Snorlax rather than risk it.
    -I decided to use Marvin for this one, as he is my most reliable defensive pokémon. Annoyingly, it wasn't due to a risk of death that I killed Snorlax. I used all 20 of my Great Balls on the thing and it still wouldn't stay in, even though it's health was in the red! Oh well, guess that's Route 12 done with then. :/
    -Next I decided to go to Saffron before Fuschia, so got the Tea from the Lady in Celadon.
    -So you all share on pot of Tea... oh well, makes more sense than sharing one bottle of water I guess.
    -There was one main reason I chose to go to Saffron before Fuschia... a guaranteed pokémon! Fighting Dojo here I come!
    -I got through the first couple of battles in the dojo easily enough... but then disaster struck! A Primeape landed a critical hit Cross Chop, and Flashfire died. It's not fair! He never even got to learn a Fire type attack! RIP Flashfire, you died too young :(
    -My remaining two pokémon cleared the rest of the Dojo, and I received a Hitmonlee which I named "Sweet Feet"
    -With the death of Flashfire, I now regret my decision to go after that Snorlax. I should have played it safe and gone after something in the grass. Sabrina will be a real challenge, as two-thirds of my team are weak to her Psychic pokémon! I'll finish this update here, and have a think about what I want to do next...

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:

Spoiler:

Years
  • I took the time to grind to level 30. Not just my team, but all of my Pokemon. So it was QUITE some time we're talking about here, but there was only one grinding death, and that was a Shroomish, my third one. Oh, and I lost Dugtrio as well, even before. It failed to OHKO a Lairon in Rock Tunnel and then it was dead.
    So...
    Spoiler:

Next time going back to good old team+list. Everything not seen in the team will probably still be at level 30 anyway, or at the level caught if I actually do more than just beating Erika and Gio.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
    Years
  • THEY CONTAIN LANGUAGE AND MATURE SUBJECT MATTER YOU'VE BE WARNED
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

New comics on the way :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mini-Update.
    So I beat Erika, Giovanni and Gary now, only the latter was a problem. His Electabuzz got got freezehax on my Magmar, and I had nothing to heal it with (in retrospect, I probably had a berry, but I always forget about berries). This caused that I had to fight his Houndoom with my Breloom. And, of course, Mach Punch left over about 1 HP and Breloom died to a Flamethrower. Immediately after, it's my Swellow against his Kirlia. Wing Attack doesn't OHKO, but Psychic does of course. In the end, pretty much all of my remaining Pokemon were below 1/3 of their health, but in the deciding moment, his Sealeo didn't get a crit and got finished off by my Ampharos.
    So it's rebuilding time, good thing I have trained really everything to level 30 before, so there won't be that much to do. I'm thinking Pidgeotto and my other Breloom. As the bird, I want to let Swablu/Altaria for later (just in case...), Xatu would overlap with Gardevoir too much and is inferior as a Psychic type at this point (I prefer Ice Punch and CM over some Flying move). Noctowl is just eh. As for the Breloom replacement, I have to chose between a worse Breloom, an adamant Sunflora, a Linoone with Fury Swipes as its only STAB and two Horseas without access to Surf. Breloom still looks like the best to me here.
    EDIT: Finished Pokemon Tower. Got a Duskull there, useless without TMs =/
    Well, now I have 3 ways to choose from.
    - Saffron. The normal grunts in Silph shouldn't be that hard. The bosses will have to wait, even that Karate person would probably kill something.
    - East. Likely to leave Ampharos 10 levels higher than anyone else when I'm finished with it.
    - West.
    Likely to leave Gardevoir 10 levels higher than anyone else when I'm finished with it.
    Not sure what to do. None of the two help a lot against any of the remaining gyms. Wait, Gardevoir does beat Koga, except for maybe that nasty Muk and whatever surprise thing I'll throw at me. So he'll wait. Oh, speaking of gyms, I still haven't fought Surge. Might as well do that before anything else. I have no ground types, but letting Ampharos spam Firepunch while resisting stuff and having decent defenses should be enough.

Last edited:

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
    Years
  • I'm doing this on firered. Grinding my level 3 pidgey Flyman. I also have a level 9 squirtel named splash.
    Edit: Flyman just died. Back to Splash.

Years
  • I would have already posted this update yesterday evening, but a database error prevented me from that, so now it is.

So, I got a few more Pokemon (one of them murdered my Noctowl) and cleared the routes until Fuschia. That is pretty much all, but considering how different my team now looks from the way it looked in my last update...
    Spoiler:

Mini-Update: I just fought my rival in Saffron. Of course, there had to be a ridiculous level jump. Add a few crits to that and guess what happened.

All was fine until his Electabuzz took out my Ampharos, whom a lot of my strategy was based on, with a critical Cross Chop (and of course, whenever I use that move, it always misses). Cacturne died somehow (if I remember correctly it was unexpectedly outspeeded by a Walrein), but that was no big deal. Later, sun was shining and I had Magmar out. I think it just defeated his Houndoom. So, he sends out Gardevoir and I use... Brick Break, instead of a sun-boosted STAB Flamethrower. Of course, Psychic crits and Magmar is dead. Pidgeot and Lapras also died against his Gardevoir. In the end, I won, but at what cost?
    I'm seriously losing my motivation for this challenge, I keep getting murdered by my rival. Without all the hax and my misclick, Ampharos and Magmar, my two strongest Pokemon along with Gardevoir, would have destroyed him with ease, but now I have pretty much no hope to win even the upcoming Giovanni or Koga battles. All I have on the box is about 15000 birds, two Horseas, a Hitmonlee and some decent things cursed with terrible natures.
    So yeah, I'm pretty much screwed. But, IF I should manage to make it to the islands and get some resupply (hopefully NO. MORE. BIRDS.) I might win this, somehow.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    OMG LOOK WHO'S BACK, WITH MORE NUZLOCKE SPAM! Totally not me

Ok Rules:
    Spoiler:

This is in Heart Gold and I'm doing a Story.

Chapter One: A New Beginning
    Spoiler:

Yeah I hope someone reads this, I'm currently at Goldenrod, but I will bring out more chapters later.

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Update 9:
    -After what happened in the last update, I decided to change tact and head to Fuschia City before taking on Sabrina and the Rockets in Saffron. This meant heading back to Celadon, and taking on Cycling Road.
    -Cycling Road meant a new route... and a new route meant a chance to catch a new pokémon. After clearing some Bikers, I headed to the grass and found a...
    -Raticate. Unfortunately a critical hit Water Pulse from Bubbles OHKO'd it. Still stuck with only 3 pokemon for now...
    -Went down Cycling Road, avoiding trainers to keep the exp for later. There were a number of new Routes around Fuschia, so I would need the experience points later to help train up any new pokémon I am able to catch. Speaking of which, straight after Cycling Road is Route 18 where I found a...
    -Spearow... which I accidently killed... again. I really need to stop doing that. :(
    -Next up however was a place where I couldn't make that mistake... the Safari Zone! So many possibilities! First up, I found a...
    -Nidoran[FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]... not bad I guess. It took 3 Safari Balls, but I eventually caught him and named him Romulus.
    -Next I found a Rhyhorn... damn it! Anyway, while I was in the Safari Zone I collected the Surf HM and the Warden's Teeth, which I quickly exchanged for HM04.
    -Taught Bubbles Surf, and Sweet Feet Strength.
    -I then began grinding Romulus and Sweet Feet. Which led to this...
    -Then this. I know I could have waited, but considering the high mortality rate of my pokémon in this run through, I thought Romulus could do with the extra power...

-After Romulus evolved, I made my way to Route 15 to try and make my 3rd capture of this update!
    -I found an Oddish, and got another Critical meaning I once again failed to capture the Wild pokémon...
    -I continued my grinding, but a Double Battle against a Hitmonlee and a Hitmonchan led to the death of Sweet Feet, after the two opponents ganged up on him. RIP Sweet Feet. :(

Party:
    Spoiler:

The Fallen Heroes:
    Spoiler:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Apart from Rule 7 which completely baffles me, this doesn't seem as hard as I thought it did. I think I might give it a try. I got another question though.
    I know it's explained in the rules, but I'm not too sure. Would two places so close, such as the Eterna Forest and Old Chateau count as two different areas?

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • @ Alternative: Yes, they would. You could catch a Pokemon from Eterna Forest and the Old Chateu and it would be completely legit.

Anyhow, started Heartgold.
    Update 1:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'm having trouble deciding on who to train: Vlad the Rattata, Cater pie the Caterpie, or Patrick the Slowpoke. Who do you guys think?

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Chapter Two: Odd Appearences
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back