• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE OFFICIAL NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
  • Well this isn't the first time he's posted them in this thread, and the art style looks similar to his avatar. The most suspicious thing about his run is that he actually had the determination to grind past Lv. 50 in HG/SS.

I have alot patience and no life so yeah...I got time.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Alright! I can finally update my Nuzlocke run. :D

Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke
    Chapter 1: Using the name "Gurl" makes everyone sound hip/gay.

So I started a new game, and Professor Birch explained everything to me about what a Pokemon is etc. and asked me for my name.

(Yes, I'm thuper creative. :3)

I finished all that crap with him and the "dream sequence" and woke up after moving house. Good to know that I ended up in the back of a moving truck. >.<

(Way to go, mom. Put your own daughter in the back of a moving van)

All that happened and stuff went down and I had walked into my house and find some Vigoroth moving all my stuff. o_O

(Wut?)

So after going into my room, getting the potion from my computer, and setting the time, I went downstairs to see Dad on TV. I didn't see him, but I found out that gym leaders have friends. o_O So I went next door without knocking to Prof. Birch's house, who told me to go see Brendan, who just happens to be a sexist pig. -_-

(Keep up with that attitude and I won't make you a sammich)

After trying to steal his Pokemon, I went up to route 101, where a little girl was frightened because a stranger was being attacked by Ziggy Stardust aka Zigzagoon. I went a rescued him with a stolen Treecko from his bag. I followed him back to his lab and for some reason he kept telling me how to live my life. o_O

(DON'T TELL ME HOW TO LIVE MY LIFE, MAN!)

So off I went with my adventure to meet Birch's kid, which I must say I really don't want to do, and also grinding Sydian so it can help me win and stuff. I swear right now she's a real stud. <3

(Da na na na!)

Went to Oldale Town, healed, mugged a lady for a Potion etc. and finally made it to Route 203, where Sydian grinded some more, and was told to battle Brendan. I won of course, despite all his sexist slurs.

(No duh. Never underestimate me, Gurl :D)

After a long road there, Birch asked me to gather information on his Pokedex, which I must do. I also got some Pokeballs, which Brendan has to keep making sexual slurs about. -_- Aside from that, I got a present from my mom. It wasn't a sammich, but a pair of Running shoes instead! I made way for Route 101 again and caught Noob the Poochyena, who I grinded along with Sydian to get some nice stats on them. Made my way through Oldale Town to Route 103 again, which is where I caught DavidBowie the Zigzagoon.

I traversed onto Route 203, which is where I trained Noob and DavidBowie a bit, and came across a Ralts, whom was dubbed to be "PureSex". Shortly after, Noob had died at level 6. It was devastating, but oh well. He was a total noob anyway. n_n I kept going through the trainers, and then PureSex had died. Despite it only kowing Growl I thought he would have lasted longer than that. D:

I made it to Petalburg City, where I have done lots of filler stuff which will become an important plot point later in the game. Wally caught a Pokemon, I ran into Scott etc etc. Made it to Route 204, which is where I met my newest companion, Womanizer the Taillow. She grinded until she was on par with the sexy beast, Sydian. I ventured forward and mugged some rich kids out of their money, which will help me in buying Pokeballs and Potions. Also a sad, sad day as DavidBowie died. I will miss getting lots of Potions. :(

Petalburg Woods was next, in which I encountered a Wurmple. I caught her and named her Lucyy. Sadly though, after evolving into a Cascoon, she had died so I had to let her go. I came up to the Devon Representative, who was looking for Shroomish, when all of a sudden, a Team Aqua grunt appears with his Poochyena. I pounded him into submission of course, and got a Great Ball for a reward. :D Made it to the second half of Route 104 and got some berry stuff from those people and stuff went down. Battled some more rich kids and made it to Rustboro City.

Not a lot happened now. I just got some Cutting utensil and a Quick Claw and quickly went into the gym to battle the trainers. I only had two Pokemon at this stage, and with Womanizer being utterly useless against the rock types, I chose Sydian to solo the gym, where she evolved. :D

(Woo, stronger, sexier Sydian! <3)

Went up to Roxanne, who I made easy work of her two Geodude with Absorb. Nosepass was a little more difficult though, with it spamming Rock Tomb, slowing Sydian down, and me sucking all the health out of it. It was slow as hell, with her abusing Potions. I got lucky though and with a critical hit, it went down with a bang, and I managed to get the Stone badge. I walked out of the gym and saved.

(Damn straight you did. :D)

Badges Obtained:

Pokémon which are still alive:

Sydian Lv. 18
    Brave Nature
    Overgrow
    - Pursuit
    - Leer
    - Absorb
    - Quick Attack

Womanizer Lv. 13
    Bold Nature
    Guts
    - Wing Attack
    - Growl
    - Focus Energy
    - Quick Attack

The fallen ones:

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • I so want a Mamoswine in my Heartgold now.

I may actually do multiple runs for each generation. For the comics I'm aiming to have every character become champion, so thus I would do multiple runs in case my current one flukes.

And I feel suddenly like my Platinum run is going to be the best one. Only lost 2 Pokemon + Overgrinding = Ownage.

Years
  • @Alternative-A nuzlocke run with CSS, well I'll be. Looks really good.

@Zaroar-You really do. It's typing is fantastic, Earthquake can pretty much kill everything that Avalanche/Blizzard can't. He's
    a fantastic Pokemon, especially for Lance, hopefully you can haul on in.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Sorry no update today guys, I just had a horrible experience with death and it was all my fault, it left me in tears. I'm not in the mood to update and maybe even not updating tommorow. (This death is no where as near as I am in the story, I havn't even caught her yet on the story.)

Though the next episode though will have the Falkner battle though, so that should lighten your moods.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Ok so last time it was me, mudkip (Billy Mays), and poochyena (ToolBandit). Now it's me, Billy Mays, Tailow (Flies Away), Shroomish (Green Now!) Wingull (Zorbeez), and Nincada (Orange Glo). Sadly there was a Green Now! before shroomish =( You will be missed lotad! Toolbandit also passed away stupid crits!

I'm about to challenge the first gym and before anybody asks I counted the entrance and exit of petalburg woods as two separate areas

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • DUN DUN DUNNN

After a lot of consideration, I've finally decided I'm gonna start a Nuzlocke on Platinum u.u I'll start tomorrow though.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
  • Actually I'm gonna start one on Yellow; Then move to platinum.

Could I hack a Seel as my starter? :3 I really want one >> haha.

Years
  • Actually I'm gonna start one on Yellow; Then move to platinum.

Could I hack a Seel as my starter? :3 I really want one >> haha.

I guess you could, I've seen some pretty crazy nuzlockes in my time.
    It would be kind of wierd having a Pikachu follow you, but in actuality, you're using a Seel, but whatever floats your boat ;D.

Perriechu

Years
  • Yeah, thing about that is... I'm gonna stick to Pokemon I can get naturally;

So I'll probs start my challenge once I get of the PC lmao... first nickname shall be Sydian. Since she wanted it :3

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Hi there again! I've decided to do a Platnium Nuzlocke on my actual game, so no pictures, so I'm going to write a story insted! (Thought it be quicker than doing a comic, not so sure now...)
    I'm also playing a run through of HG now though, and schools starting again soon, so I'm not going to be updating like crazy and if I get to busy I'll just go back to normal updating.

I'm naming everyone from a random word from whatever song I'm listening to when I catch them, please enjoy!

Spoiler:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • vaporeon7's Nuzlocke Challenge (Red)

So I started my Nuzlocke Challenge on Red. I did all the beginning stuff and got to Prof. Oak's Lab. After recommendation from chaos11011 I decided to start my journey with Bulbasaur who I nicknamed Chaos. My Rival Blue decided to choose Charmander and challenged me to a battle. I won (of course) and headed of to Viridian City. I went to the Pokemart and piked up Prof. Oak's parcel and delivered it to him. I then received my Pokedex and so did Blue. I then went back to Viridian City and bought some Pokeballs. I then headed west and saw a Nidoran (f) who I caught and nicknamed Sydian.

I then trained my Pokemon a bit and defeated Blue again. I then went to and through Viridian Forest where I caught a Weedle and nicknamed it Jd. After I reached Pewter City I went back and trained Chaos and Sydian. They evolved into Ivysaur and Nidorina respectively.

I then went into the Pewter Gym and beat the one trainer with Sydian. After that warm up I challenged Brock.

The battle was easy and I only needed Chaos and its Vine Whip.

This is the end of my update.
    Current Team:

Chaos (Ivysaur) Lv16.
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip.

Sydian (Nidorina) Lv16.
    Moves: Growl, Tackle, Scratch, Poison Sting.
    Others:
    Jd: Weedle.​

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay then (yes, it has hasn't even been a day)

CHAPTER TWO
    Spoiler:

Not as long as chapter one, but I thought it would be an important update anywayz.
    Just a few notes:
    The rules I'm using are 1: only can catch first pokemon you bump into per route, 2: Only heal at pokemon centre, 3: If a pokemon faints it is dead, 4: battle style on set, and for my own amusement I can't use the boxs, so the first six 'mons I catch are the ones I have to use (including the togepi you get thrust opon you, two norm/fly types ==), and I'm naming everything after a word in the song I'm listning to when playing. I'll probably allow myself to use full restores against the league, but no revives etc. Also, Soundtrack is a girl btw, I didn't mention it at all in the chapter.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    2: Only heal at pokemon centre

Good luck with that, I used that rule for my first Nuzlocke until I realised that the Elite 4 would be utterly impossible without healing items (in-battle, at least). It's doable up till the E4, but you might find you need to backtrack on that one :P

Otherwise, I'm enjoying reading your stories, keep it up!

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Good luck with that, I used that rule for my first Nuzlocke until I realised that the Elite 4 would be utterly impossible without healing items (in-battle, at least). It's doable up till the E4, but you might find you need to backtrack on that one :P

Otherwise, I'm enjoying reading your stories, keep it up!

Thanks, glad someones liking them, I'll prob's edit this later with the next chapter.

Yeah, as for the E4 I think I'll allow myself to use full restores before versing the champion, and I have the ability to over-grind (aka has no life at all :))

EDIT: CHAPTER THREE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Well, I have been trying this on Emerald. :D Fairly easy so far~ Here is how it has been gong down!
    Start off with Torchic, nicknamed him Chikpea! :3 (Only one I really want to nickname, because I risk losing everyone else more. ;; )
    Go into Route 102, find Poochyena!
    Go through the helping Wally catch a Pokemon nonsense. >.>
    Go into Route 103, 'nother Poochyena! D: So I didn't catch...
    Go into forest! Find Tailow! Really excited, cause now I can clear the forest no problem~ ;D Which I did!
    To Route 116, trained a bit, first encounter was a Abra D; LITTLE BASTARD TELEPORTED.
    To Gym, Killed it with Poochyena's Bite!! (Hurray for Flinch!)
    Onto to save Peeko, and then a boat to Dewford town!! :D
    UNFORTUANATELY, MY FIRST POKEMON HERE WAS ALSO AN ABRA. FFFFFFFFFFF
    So to get a new member, went to Slateport, kinda disappointed when I caught a Gulpin. D: But he is not so bad, learns Sludge at 14! c:
    Now to go back to Dewford and fight the Gym~
    Tailow ANNIHILATED this place! Tore everything up with Wing attack in one hit!
    When suddenly... Brawly sends out Makuhita. D; I was feeling gutsy... Too gutsy... Wing Attack! Brings him down to a sliver of health, then BAM! Tailow was Vital Thrown into oblivion. ;~; I almost CRIED, he was my highest level!! *Sighs* But Luckily with Gulpin and his resistance, I was able to finally take him down... BUT AT WHAT COST!!!
    Now sailing back to Slateport to continue my quest, one party member down...
    R.I.P., my Tailow. ;;

Since I have nothing better to do, I will update you guys like everyday! :D

And instead of using items out of battle, I will only use them in battle...Gonna be hard in the Pokemon League. D:

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • vaporeon7's Nuzlocke Challenge (Red)
    Part 2

After healing at the Pokemon Center and being put to sleep by Jigglypuff I decided to continue on east. I was happy to find that that annoying kid stopped trying to show me where the gym was. On the road to Mt. Moon I found and caught a Pidgey which I nicknamed Alternativ.

After some training my cute eyed Alternativ evolved.

After healing at the Pokemon Center and avoiding being scammed out of $500 for a stupid Magikarp I went into Mt. Moon. In Mt. Moon I found a Zubat and I caught it. In Mt. Moon I did a lot of training and found a Moon Stone. I decided to evolve Sydian so that she could learn Body Slam.

After roughing up those useless Rocket Grunts and a near death by Alternativ after battling that Lv16 Raticate I picked the Helix Fossil and exited Mt. Moon. I saw an Ekans and went to weaken it but I got a critical hit and defeated it. I healed at Cerulean City and went to battle Blue. I wiped the floor with him and his Abra and continued on. I got to the end of the Nugget Bridge and was asked to join Team Rocket. I kept saying yes but the deaf grunt kept misunderstanding me and then attacked me. I beat him without taking any damage. I figured his Pokemon must have been deaf to.

I went into the grass patch and found a cute little Oddish. I caught the little guy and nicknamed it Diablerie. I continued on to Bill's house and when I reached there I saw a Pokemon. After failing to capture it I found out it was Bill and helped him be a human again. He gave me a SS. Anne ticket.

After that ordeal I went to the Cerulean Gym and challenged Misty. Chaos made quick work of her Staryu and her Starmie was up After a combination of Leech Seed and Vine Whip I was victorious.

She awarded my badge and that ends this chapter of my Nuzlocke Challenge,.

Current Team:

Chaos (Ivysaur) Lv23.
    Moves: Tackle, Poisonpowder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip.

Sydian (Nidoqueen) Lv23.
    Moves: Water Gun, Body Slam, Scratch, Poison Sting.

Alternativ (Pidgeotto) Lv23.
    Moves: Gust, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind.

Diablerie (Oddish) Lv16.
    Moves: Absorb.
    Others:
    Jd (Weedle)
    Went (Zubat)​

Last edited:

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Yeah, I think I'm on a roll with this thing!
    Battle Roark in this chapter, guess who wins? Roark OKOed my team
    CHAPTER FOUR
    Spoiler:

Next Chapter, a new team member joins!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back