• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the old days

poke lover

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Yes, I remember those days.

I remember I came home one day and begged my parents to buy me the Pokemon TCG starter set.
    I eventually got it and havn't stopped collecting since.:)

Years
    I miss the days before Neo sets. That was fun back then but now the TCG is like frikin Yu-Gi-Oh... overpowered, saturated, sugar-coated, and diluted. My friends and I occassionally play Pokemon TCG for the heck of it but we kind of never use the Neo sets and up. And yeah... started playing the TCG when I was in 6th grade... ah the memories...

Alex The Great Master

Zeophyte in Eternal Exile
    Years
    I remember when I got into TCG. My friends were collecting some Pokemon cards (not the TCG, just cards to collect). I asked my dad to buy some of these cards, but they could only find the TCG (Base Set, obviously). Then I started collecting cards, and I eventually got Cool Porygon, Dark Gyarados, Jungle Clefable, and so on. Unfortunately, cards were so expensive I had to give up collecting. Some time ago I bought 1 Sandstorm, 1 Dragon and 1 Team Magma pack. I got holo Flareon and holo Sheninja. But anyway, cards are still way too expensive.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    It's cause the Pokemon TCG is dead, just like any of other fad. I remember playing pokemon cards a lot though with my friends, and it was a load of fun. I stopped colecting after Neo 4...

Back