• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Old Gateau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayselipera

When I first played I tried keeping it the whole way
    till the end of the game because I thought there was
    something special about it. Now though I just use it
    right away so it doesn't take up space.

Years
    Yeah, I still have mines.
    I barely use anything like that, I'l just use stuff from the medicine pocket. Unless I...run out. x3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I didn't use mine as yet because you can only get one. Though I think it could've been in better use. We get full heals all the time, and another one just calling it the Old Gateau was a bit ridiculous. If it could've been something useful for battling, or for EV training, that would've been nice. It could up the Sp.Atk, Def., etc. of the different Rotom formes perhaps? Either way, it would've been nice for it to be something else other than something very similar to the Full Heal.

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    I didn't use mine as yet because you can only get one. Though I think it could've been in better use. We get full heals all the time, and another one just calling it the Old Gateau was a bit ridiculous. If it could've been something useful for battling, or for EV training, that would've been nice. It could up the Sp.Atk, Def., etc. of the different Rotom formes perhaps? Either way, it would've been nice for it to be something else other than something very similar to the Full Heal.

That would have been cool. Maybe they could give it a 1/10 chance of giving the user Pokerus?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That would have been cool. Maybe they could give it a 1/10 chance of giving the user Pokerus?

If the Old Gateau gave the pokemon a 1/10 chance of getting Pokerus that would be nice. However, Pokerus is a good virus that affects pokemon when you catch a pokemon that has it. Therefore, it wouldn't make sense having the Old Gataeu make a pokemon have pokerus of a 1/10 chance. Maybe if it was used as a held item to attract pokemon that have pokerus out of a 1/8,127 (or whatever number they use for shinies) it would've been better.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    When I first played I tried keeping it the whole way
    till the end of the game because I thought there was
    something special about it. Now though I just use it
    right away so it doesn't take up space.

Um... your bag can never be full anymore (how does the player carry it all!?) so it can't be taking up space at all...
    I still have mine. It's a souvenir.
    I would be cool if the PLAYER could eat it. And a nice little cut scene to go with it, perhaps with a hovering Rotom, Gengar and Ghost Girl!

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    ...it wouldn't make sense having the Old Gataeu make a pokemon have pokerus of a 1/10 chance...

I was going by the fact that the Gateau is probably very old and has been sitting out for so long that there would be a chance that a live Pokerus strain could have found its way into the cake.

And, to make it so people can't grab the cake, go to the Pokemon Center, heal a paralyzed pokemon with it and check to see if they get it then just be able to reset right back at the Pokemon Center where they can try to heal again, the chance is determined the moment the cake is picked up.
    Yay for suggesting things that will never make it into the game because it's already been made!

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Um... your bag can never be full anymore (how does the player carry it all!?) so it can't be taking up space at all...

I know your bag can't be full anymore, but just
    the fact that it had a space in my bag was annoying
    because it didn't have an important use. It was just
    another name for a full heal.

Runaru

Moon Radiance
    Years
    I still have my Old Gateau. Ss a single item so keep it. There are more items with the same effect that it​

Suzuna

~Contest Queen~
    Years
    I've got it in Diamond (haven't made it to the Chateau in Platinum yet), and I really don't know why I've kept it

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    I keep items unless I have another, a lot like other members here. The item is just plain weird, it's doesn't even look like gateau. It's novelty and think, Old Gateau rhymes with Old Chateau, hence why it probably exists.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back