• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Origins of Black Kyurem & White Kyurem

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'd like Nintendo to at some point have a competition, where fans send in their Pokemon artwork and they work with that..

Nintendo doesn't have the right to do anything like that. And Gamefreak will just hire you just like they did the new American on their team. Its not likely something that will ever happen though.

Solodomo

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    Speculation of course...

[SIZE="a"]What if zekrom and reshiram are forced to change into black zekrom and white reshiram but are separated and start to search for one another to complete their transformation into the dragon in the legend.[/SIZE]

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]What if zekrom and reshiram are forced to change into black zekrom and white reshiram but are separated and start to search for one another to complete their transformation into the dragon in the legend.[/SIZE]

The new forms are for Kyurem not Reshiram and Zekrom. They just look similar.

On a side note my Pokemon Black just corrupted. And there goes over 100 pokes I was training....

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Guys, stay on-topic. The thread is about the backstory regarding Kyurem and its relation to what we already know of Reshiram and Kyurem. I'd normally delete, but having to delete over ten posts, really has less of a point when I can just warn you guys here. So to clarify, this thread is not about a fan art competition, not about a future generation, not about if you think they look ugly or not and lastly not about DBZ. I don't want to have to close this, so please guys, stay on-topic.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Okay so according to the anime Kyurem transforms into Black and White Kyurem by absorbing the genes of Zekrom and Reshiram respectively (I read this in an article on Pokebeach which had a translation of the new trailer). So maybe the item to transform Kyurem will be by giving it Plasma...or genes from the dragon...maybe Blue Plasma and Red Plasma will be the name of the items to transform it...(the logos have those colors too...hint?)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Love how the trailer says Kyurem is the Planet's Strongest Pokemon, yet there are Pokemon with Better stats.

XD

And from what I see/hear he absorbed their power... So maybe The Light and Dark Stones do play a part in how he transforms since they hold the powers of the Dragons.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I thought it called him the strongest Dragon...(which is untrue as that place belongs to the EDPPtBW mascots)...unless they're impling Transformed Kyurem is stronger than those six...
    Anyways I do wonder where Kyurem fits into the myth...I hope B2W2 clears things up...and doesn't leave it somewhat vague like Cynthia's explination on how Giratina's exile...

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • First of all, I apologise for my absence, I had things to attend to;

Nintendo doesn't have the right to do anything like that. And Gamefreak will just hire you just like they did the new American on their team. Its not likely something that will ever happen though.
    I'm sure they have the rights, just not the time.

[SIZE="a"]What if zekrom and reshiram are forced to change into black zekrom and white reshiram but are separated and start to search for one another to complete their transformation into the dragon in the legend.[/SIZE]
    It's possible, but how would the transformation take place? By choice? And why haven't they been searching for each other sooner.

The new forms are for Kyurem not Reshiram and Zekrom. They just look similar.

On a side note my Pokemon Black just corrupted. And there goes over 100 pokes I was training....

I know, but they are clearly made in the image of them, there must be a reason for that.

And ouch s:

Guys, stay on-topic. The thread is about the backstory regarding Kyurem and its relation to what we already know of Reshiram and Kyurem. I'd normally delete, but having to delete over ten posts, really has less of a point when I can just warn you guys here. So to clarify, this thread is not about a fan art competition, not about a future generation, not about if you think they look ugly or not and lastly not about DBZ. I don't want to have to close this, so please guys, stay on-topic.

Been waiting for someone to say that, thankyou. =P

Okay so according to the anime Kyurem transforms into Black and White Kyurem by absorbing the genes of Zekrom and Reshiram respectively (I read this in an article on Pokebeach which had a translation of the new trailer). So maybe the item to transform Kyurem will be by giving it Plasma...or genes from the dragon...maybe Blue Plasma and Red Plasma will be the name of the items to transform it...(the logos have those colors too...hint?)

That's really interesting o.o, the 'genes'? It's starting to get all Genesect-y in here, haha.
    I wonder how that will take place, perhaps the orbs? A weird splice thing.. contact?

Love how the trailer says Kyurem is the Planet's Strongest Pokemon, yet there are Pokemon with Better stats.

XD

And from what I see/hear he absorbed their power... So maybe The Light and Dark Stones do play a part in how he transforms since they hold the powers of the Dragons.

Ah but we don't know Black/White Kyurem's stats.
    And maybe they were talking about this legendary dragon form?

I thought it called him the strongest Dragon...(which is untrue as that place belongs to the EDPPtBW mascots)...unless they're impling Transformed Kyurem is stronger than those six...
    Anyways I do wonder where Kyurem fits into the myth...I hope B2W2 clears things up...and doesn't leave it somewhat vague like Cynthia's explination on how Giratina's exile...

I believe something like this, and so do I, that was extremely brief, and not very well explained within the game.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    No they said Kyurem Strongest (Dragon) Pokemon on Earth and showed a picture of Regular Kyurem, not the form changes. So they were referencing Regular Kyurem who has many Pokemon above it. One is non Legendary as well.

And no, Nintendo does not have any say in who Gamefreak hires or what they use as designs. Gamefreak is the only company that can add to Pokemon, and they are the only ones that could hold a contest, which will most likely never happen. Junichi Masuda likes how fans make their own renditions and would never use a fan's design without outright hiring them.

DARKSHADE

Years
  • No they said Kyurem Strongest (Dragon) Pokemon on Earth and showed a picture of Regular Kyurem, not the form changes. So they were referencing Regular Kyurem who has many Pokemon above it. One is non Legendary as well.

And no, Nintendo does not have any say in who Gamefreak hires or what they use as designs. Gamefreak is the only company that can add to Pokemon, and they are the only ones that could hold a contest, which will most likely never happen. Junichi Masuda likes how fans make their own renditions and would never use a fan's design without outright hiring them.

I meant Nintendo requests Gamefreak to, they likely would not disagree.
    I appreciate Junichi's fairness, but if the fans wanted it enough, and it got new designs done, I don't see any reason why not.

And whilst they may have cut to a shot of Kyurem's normal form, that doesn't mean they weren't referencing him in general.
    And his new forms~

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Imo, Kyurem is worth to be called "the strongest dragon" even though it has lower stats than other dragons. It was said that Kyurem carries the strongest heredity, so it's able to switch forms taking "plasma" energy from Zekrom or Reshiram. No other dragons can do such trick. That could be the reason they called Kyurem "the strongest dragon".

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    If this is some sort of sequel, what about modification? Team Plasma did actually do this with Genesect, if they are present in these games, I could see them doing the same thing to Kyurem, giving it a new form. Just take a look at the upcoming movie, it does sort of look like it's based around some sort of factory.

Victini

Do you think perhaps maybe they will fuse together too?

I dunno if it's been mentioned, but I'll go ahead...

I-I hate to bring up the 15th movie so soon in this... but by the trailers it seems Kyurem can freely transform into Kyuzek and Reshykem anytime it feels like it... As well as use their fire and electric abilities, very similar to the two moves that have been unrevealed thus far. Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.

Maybe Kyurem still holds fragments of both Reshiram and Zekrom.. and maybe it doesn't require a fusion to achieve bits of their power...

But, it does seem the two final moves mysteriously left out will be placed to Kyurem in these games! ^^

Last edited:

DARKSHADE

Years
  • Imo, Kyurem is worth to be called "the strongest dragon" even though it has lower stats than other dragons. It was said that Kyurem carries the strongest heredity, so it's able to switch forms taking "plasma" energy from Zekrom or Reshiram. No other dragons can do such trick. That could be the reason they called Kyurem "the strongest dragon".

That's a good point actually.
    However there is also a possibility it's just a marketing gimick.
    And on the other hand a difference in the anime, stats are different to how things work in the anime.
    I like your take on it.

Also, your signature made me laugh.

If this is some sort of sequel, what about modification? Team Plasma did actually do this with Genesect, if they are present in these games, I could see them doing the same thing to Kyurem, giving it a new form. Just take a look at the upcoming movie, it does sort of look like it's based around some sort of factory.

Very true, and you are right, it kinda is.. why modify it to look like Reshiram and Zekrom though.. and this is where the next quote comes in.

I dunno if it's been mentioned, but I'll go ahead...

I-I hate to bring up the 15th movie so soon in this... but by the trailers it seems Kyurem can freely transform into Kyuzek and Reshykem anytime it feels like it... As well as use their fire and electric abilities, very similar to the two moves that have been unrevealed thus far. Freeze Shock and Ice Burn.

Maybe Kyurem still holds fragments of both Reshiram and Zekrom.. and maybe it doesn't require a fusion to achieve bits of their power...

But, it does seem the two final moves mysteriously left out will be placed to Kyurem in this game! ^^

This seems more likely, so you're saying maybe this plasma isn't needed, or it's already contained within it's body?
    Also feel free to bring up the 15th Movie, it's pretty much needed.

--------------------------------------------

On a side note, I saw this on DeviantArt;
    Spoiler:

I'd imagine his whole form looking something like this atleast..

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
    Years
  • I saw that pic a couple of days ago, I like how the artist is hovering over "No" I mean if it were to actually happen who would say no :P

A bit more on topic, as it seems that It can change freely I wonder how that will actually happen in game.. Also did it always have the ability to change? Or does something happen that gives him the ability to do so because if he always could why isn't it in or even mentioned in B&W1?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013

I'm not sure if they could modify Kyurem, from what was revealed so far it seems that Kyurem's ability to change forms was given to it from time it was born, so it must have been long time before Team Plasma even existed. However, Team Plasma could capture Kyurem, force it to change form and create Genesect after making research of Kyurem's ability to switch between forms.
    Also that factory in movie looks like some kind of mine or ironworks, not scientific place.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • One explanation I particularly like, whether practical or not, is that Black and White 2 are prequels.

The original Kyurem splits into two pieces, which then defrost into what we now know as Zekrom and Reshiram.
    The formes we see in B&W2 are in fact transitional stages where they are not completely unfrozen yet.

So sort of an origin story. I'd like it if it were that way, even though it seems as if it's not.

DARKSHADE

Years
  • I saw that pic a couple of days ago, I like how the artist is hovering over "No" I mean if it were to actually happen who would say no :P

A bit more on topic, as it seems that It can change freely I wonder how that will actually happen in game.. Also did it always have the ability to change? Or does something happen that gives him the ability to do so because if he always could why isn't it in or even mentioned in B&W1?

Because not much is known in B&W1 about Kyurem, they see it as a legend that doesn't exist, by the sounds of things it will only be made apparent in the recent additions that he can transform, and by what people have posted before; By his own will.
    So my guess is something is going to happen to him soon, that will allow him to change into these two forms, or something will have RE-happened to him, to allow him to do it.

I'm not sure if they could modify Kyurem, from what was revealed so far it seems that Kyurem's ability to change forms was given to it from time it was born, so it must have been long time before Team Plasma even existed. However, Team Plasma could capture Kyurem, force it to change form and create Genesect after making research of Kyurem's ability to switch between forms.
    Also that factory in movie looks like some kind of mine or ironworks, not scientific place.

Aha, that would make more sense, and actually answers Darkachu's question.

One explanation I particularly like, whether practical or not, is that Black and White 2 are prequels.

The original Kyurem splits into two pieces, which then defrost into what we now know as Zekrom and Reshiram.
    The formes we see in B&W2 are in fact transitional stages where they are not completely unfrozen yet.

So sort of an origin story. I'd like it if it were that way, even though it seems as if it's not.

I really like this idea, but unfortunately, being that it's Black and White '2', it's not practical, and I just can't see this happening.
    Nice thinking though.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • Reading through and I'm definitely liking Ravecat's explanation. It would be nice to see more history behind the dragons of Unova, so a prequel detailing Kyurem's relation to Reshiram and Zekrom could be pretty fun to play through.

However, I also like the theory of an item being needed, like with Giratina and Shaymin.

And @DARKSHADE, Devil May Cry 3 was actually a prequel to the original DMC. Numbering doesn't really seem to mean much in games past their order of development/release, and I think it makes the game easier to recognize internationally.

Last edited:

DARKSHADE

Years
  • Reading through and I'm definitely liking Ravecat's explanation. It would be nice to see more history behind the dragons of Unova, so a prequel detailing Kyurem's relation to Reshiram and Zekrom could be pretty fun to play through.

However, I also like the theory of an item being needed, like with Giratina and Shaymin.

And @DARKSHADE, Devil May Cry 3 was actually a prequel to the original DMC. Numbering doesn't really seem to mean much in games past their order of development/release, and I think it makes the game easier to recognize internationally.

I also like the explanation, and whislt you may be right with Devil May Cry, who is to say that Gamefreak will go down the route of odd numbering?
    Usually the number 2 means a sequel, not many other series does that, not even Star Wars.

Back