• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
  • Welcome to the PokéCommunity Battle Stadium Hall of Fame!
    Check out the 2nd and 3rd posts here for the Official PC Wifi Ladder and Tournament Rankings!
    ~Credit to Angela for the original Hall of Fame idea~​

The Hall of Fame recognizes PC's most skilled and respected battlers. These members are well known for their contributions to the Battle Stadium and their success in wifi battles.

To get into the Hall of Fame you must receive one nomination and ten votes. The nomination must include the nominees contributions to the Battle Stadium, such as tournament and gym success as well as his or her all-around good qualities that make the member worthy of being recognized in the Hall of Fame. Each of the ten votes for the nominee must affirm and/or supplement the nomination with additional information or opinions about the nominee. The nominations and votes will be closely watched to ensure that they are well thought-out and meaningful. The initial nomination does NOT count as one of the ten votes.

Rules:

1. Do not nominate or vote for yourself.

2. You may only vote for a nominee once every 24 hours.

3. You may only vote for a single nominee once.

4. Votes must contain sufficient information in order to be
    counted.

5. Any member, active or inactive, can be nominated, as long as the case for their nomination is strong.

6. This is a community-run Hall of Fame, meaning that if you disagree with another members opinion and have a valid argument, you are more than free to share your thoughts. This does not mean you can flame or insult someone's vote or nomination. Make sure your opinion is respectful and shared calmly.

**7. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are members allowed to discuss voting or nominating each other over VM. If this is caught, you will be barred from being nominated AND voting for a particular amount of time decided by the coordinators of this thread. Membership in the Hall of Fame is something that should be WIDELY earned and agreed upon, not because your one friend nominates you. Remember, that's why you need 10 different people to cast you a vote. Although if your friend nominates you and you aren't that popular, there's nothing wrong with that. You just can't ask for it. Just as that rule applies to Reputation points on PC, there will be NO DISCUSSION of nominations and votes. Of course we can't stop people from technically doing it via PM, but if one person nominates someone and that nominee votes for the person who voted for them, we'll suspect something fishy..nevertheless, just avoid it. ;)

Nomination Key:
    ~(1) <---this means how many votes the person has-you need 10 to be in!
    PokemonTrainer <---means this person is pending until their nomination becomes bulkier.

Nominations and Votes
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Welcome to the Official PokéCommunity Wifi Ladder!

Here we'll post the rankings of all of PC's top wifi battlers based on a simple point system that takes into account both win percentage and number of matches completed. To remain at the top of the ladder, you must battle often and win a fair percentage of your matches. Before you begin laddering, here are a few rules:

1. All matches MUST be fought under the STANDARD CLAUSES. These include Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Hax Item Clause, and Species Clause. Standard OU matches must also be fought under the Ubers Clause. Questions about clauses and tiers can be asked in this thread. An up-to-date tier list can be found here: https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

2. In order for your match to count towards the official ladder standings, it must be fought against another member of PC. You may not battle members of other forums, friends, or family members that are not members of The PokéCommunity.

3. Match results MUST be posted in this thread, with either the loser or the winner confirming the result. It is preferred that both the winner and the loser confirm to reduce confusion. If there are conflicting stories on how a match ended, the result will not be counted. When reporting a match result, please include these pieces of information:

a) What tier the match was fought under
    b) Who the match was fought against
    c) The winner and the loser (score is not necessary)

Any reported score lacking one of these pieces of information will not be counted.

4. You may not look for ladder battles in this thread. Please use the Quick Battle thread, or contact other members via PM/VM.

5. Please report any name changes or mistakes in the ladder standings in this thread. As the ladder grows, there are going to be a ton of names on it, and with them, a greater chance that a mistake could be made. If you get your name changed or see an error, please let me know.

6. Ladder matches can be reported from any source, including the quick battle thread or any tournament/gym battle. Just make sure that both battlers agree that the match will go towards the official ladder standings BEFORE the match has started.

The Point System:

The point system is very simple. You are rewarded 2 points for a win and deducted 1 point for a loss. This point system accomplishes two things. It ensures that the battlers with the highest win percentages remain at the top of the ladder. It also ensures that those who do not continue to "ladder" will lose their place on the leader board as the average number of points per battler slowly rises.

The Ladders:

There will be a separate ladder for each tier. As of now we will only include OU, UU and doubles. However, Ubers may be added later if enough interest is generated.

Note: Members with negative points will not be shown in the ladder standings, as the ladder has now grown quite considerably. Also, a losing record does not deserve recognition on the ladder. If you build a record with positive points, your name will be added once again. If you know you've had a ladder match and would like to know your record, please post in this thread and I will let you know.

OU

Spoiler:

UU

Spoiler:

DOUBLES

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • PC Tournament Rankings Coming September, 2009. (After we get a variety of active tournaments in the Stadium to go toward them.)​

Last edited:

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Oh My, this looks quite interesting. I hope this eventually gets stickied.

Anyways, good luck with this.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • And to kick this brand new thread off, I'd like to nominate Alakazam17 to the Hall of Fame!

Zam was quite literally my first friend here on PC besides those that I already knew irl. I'm sure you all know him quite well as the coordinator of the PC Wifi Tournament. This alone might make him worthy of a nomination, but I think Zam goes above and beyond what a good member of the Battle Stadium should be. He's always respectful to his fellow battlers and handles disputes fairly and efficiently. Not to mention, battling with him is always an amazing experience, as you have no clue what you might be facing (from the cookie cutter OU's to the amazingly powerful Luvdisc XD). He certainly deserves recognition for all his efforts here, so he gets a nomination from me.

(Note: ^this is kinda what we're looking for if you're nominating someone. Put your heart into it folks ;D)

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    I would like to nominate Ooka wait. The name is upside down but I think you know who I'm talking about xD. Anyways, Ooka has won 2 PC Wi-Fi Tournaments and shows respect to his(?) fellow battlers.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I am going to nominate VA (or Volkner's Slave) because he is awesome! Actually because he has supported me in a few tournaments (mostly in Shoddy though =P), and is also a great battler. Also, helped me when making a Arcanine team (really was a gimmick at first, but soon turned into a Sunny Day team lol), and battled me whenever. So, overall, HE FUNNY.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Submitting a match result for the ladder:

OU
    Romeo_Delight.exe
    Romeo Won, I Lost.

Years
  • I would like to nominate _Prince_ for a spot in the HOF.

Ever since I started battling competitively, _Prince_ has been there to help and to advise whenever I needed it. As I'm sure a lot of you are aware anyway, he is a very strong, and well respected battler here, and has always been there or thereabouts in official wifi tournaments, and I believe it's only a matter of time before he becomes the champion.

He added me a longggggg time back now on MSN and has always been there to advise on new Pokes, talk about battles we've had with each other and other people, and also just to talk about random stuff too! He's a great friend, and a great battler. The 'very' odd occasion I may be able to beat him in a battle, it's always with a lot more satisfaction than a win against a lot of other battlers, and his battling skills and instincts are without question.

In my opinion he certainly ranks up there with the best battlers here at PC, who of which I will nominate another time and when I see fit :) But for now, without doubt my first nomination goes to _Prince_.

OT: Nice to see this thread go up! It's going to make the Summer very interesting! Good work ;DDD

Years
  • Posting an OU ladder match
    Against ~Swish~, I won 4-0! =]

Yep, to confirm I lost 4-0 :(

Hax ftl though :P

Also I'm in the process of putting a video of the battle up on Youtube. I'm sure by the time you read this it'll be up, so please feel free to check out my channel in my sig and enjoy the battle!

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Thanks for your votes, guys! I'll be updating the Hall of Fame nominations later tonight as well as posting the final tournament rankings this weekend (maybe earlier.) Sorry for making you guys wait, but this sticky was a great idea and has a nice solid start. ^_^ Keep voting for people and doing ladder matches!

Years
  • Match results MUST be posted in this thread,

Just curious thats all, but hardly any match results have been posted here, yet already quite a few names are on the HOF.

Are they PM'ing you the results or something? Like I said, just curious. :)

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Just curious thats all, but hardly any match results have been posted here, yet already quite a few names are on the HOF.

Are they PM'ing you the results or something? Like I said, just curious. :)

Mm nope; a lot of the matches you see done on the Ladder were from the old Ladder, Aurafire just copied them over. So the Hall of Fame restarted, but the Ladder kept the matches that were already there. There just haven't been many matches done and reported yet, but they do indeed all go here. ^_^

I'll get to put the Fame nominations up later. O_o

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Hmm...Not as active as I thought it would be =(

C'mon people, if you're having a quick battle with someone, why not put it towards the ladder? And you can still nominate and vote on candidates for the Hall of Fame. Hopefully Volkner will have the tournament rankings up soon. *hint hint*

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I'd like to nominate Alakazam17 today :) As the creator of the PC WiFi Tournament and it has been going strong, he has done a great job in this forum. Not a bad battler either XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'd like to nominate Alakazam17 today :) As the creator of the PC WiFi Tournament and it has been going strong, he has done a great job in this forum. Not a bad battler either XD

I already nominated him =P

I'll be nominating Richard Lynch. ;)

Also, if you guys want to nominate someone, make sure you tell us why they deserve recognition. Like their accomplishments/good qualities and such ;D

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Oh, apologies. xD

Richard has been battling at this site since before even I arrived, and he's only changed, I believe, two Pokemon on his team since then. So even with the fact that I know every one of his Pokemon, I still can't seem to muster up the skill to beat him. xD He's most definitely deserving.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Just had a ladder match with Ooka, got him 3-2 with a flee to prevent a long and boring stall war.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back