• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Physical Wall Poll

ZOMG PHYSICAL WALLS

• Skarmory

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Weezing

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Forretress

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    I'm listing the main 3 that people use, so Cloyster and Steelix aren't invited :(

Skarmory

Considered the best Physical Wall out there, and for good reason, being either resistant or neutral to all physical attacks and only have 3 special weaknesses, both which are usually able to be covered by the other members of any good team. It also gets Spikes and a phazing move, so doesn't necessarily need another pokemon to phaze like other Spikers do. All around, it's just cool.

Weezing

Weezing's also an awesome wall. Hands down, it handles late-game Snorlaxes like no other, Hazing away any curses, and Burning the fore to cut down on damage. Pain Split accounts for major healing vs such a high HP as Snorlax as well. After that, Sludge Bomb away. Same immunites as Skarmory, but fewer resistance. But hey, at least it doesn't get owned by Medicham from time to time.

Forretress

My favorite physical wall. Granted, it's considered a great wall
    (lol, great wall >_>), but I feel it's underated, as I consider it better than Skarm when I look at The HP, Atk, and Defense stats compared to each other. I also like how it can actually KILL Magneton on the switch :). The fact that it can pseudo-pass isn't too bad either.

I just had to analyze something, it makes me cheer up. but anyway, which all do you think is best? I have my money on Forry.

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    I can't decide... Skarmory can take on fightings so easy... but u can use Forry in more than one way. Spike, Spin, explode is good. But so is spike, rest, phaze

Pyrotechnix

what's that you did there
    Years
    Hi Weezing. Only physical wall that can actually stop Gyarados and Salamence before they Taunt/Fire Blast (Hi Haze/T-Bolt) The only problem I ever have is that it can't block Normal/Flying, but at least it doesn't get owned by the first Magneton that comes in and can lay the only claim of being able to confidently taking a CBHera or CBCham hit =/

Remember the days of FWEEzing, Umby?

grandmaster192

Tiger zord!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    Skarmory is my favorite wall period. It looks the best and has a cool cry.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~
    grandmaster192 said:
    Skarmory is my favorite wall period. It looks the best and has a cool cry.

Not a good reason to choose a Pokemon. Looks don't win battles. =\

Anyways, I find Weezing to be most useful for the teams that I make. I have nothing to fear from Salamence/Tyranitar/Metagross since my teams usually contain a Suicune or Swampert. But I do worry about those Heracross and Snorlaxes, so Weezing fits the bill nicely. It also screws over noobs using Double Team.

grandmaster192

Tiger zord!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    aragornbird said:

Not a good reason to choose a Pokemon. Looks don't win battles. =\

But using your favorite pokemon is more fun. I don't see how you guys can just use pokemon that are ugly and uncool. Stuff like Blissy.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Forretress for me. I especially love throwing Counter on it to surprise heavy hitting physical attackers (CB Metagross, CB Salamence etc). The fact that it can also spin as well as spike gets my vote too.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    I would vote for Forry, but Charmers are the best physical walls out there IMO. Their power of threat elim is almost unbeatable, esp. is they can pass to a DDer/CMer/SDer/etc. charmbreon *cough* *cough*

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    grandmaster192 said:
    But using your favorite pokemon is more fun. I don't see how you guys can just use pokemon that are ugly and uncool. Stuff like Blissy.

Because we're more concerned about the content of our team, rather than how well it looks. If really were going to make a team that looked cool, I'd probably end up using Ariados on all my teams.

That's a bad thing btw.

Pyrotechnix

what's that you did there
    Years
    grandmaster192 said:

Blissey isn't ugly and uncool. T3h Pinkness > you. If I were to use a team of my favorites, it'd involve Absol, Marowak, Entei, Arcanine, Lugia, and Umbreon. Not exactly the best lineup ever created. :/

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    grandmaster192 said:

I don't know what your talking about Bliss is awesome and hot.

To answer the poll. I like Skarm and Weezing. I'd have to pick Weezing though because Skarm gets too much play and Weezing can stop stuff like DD Tar, Metagross, DD Gyara, and late game Lax's. Plus he is cooler than Skarm.

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    Just play in UU or play unrated+fun teams.

Meh, blissey is SO ugly. I much prefer the chansey graphics as almost bearable, but...

I vote weezing. Skarmony only does one thing for me, pseudo haze, as they switch in anti-skarm before i can spike(always ^^ ) ad weezing has, *GASP* 4 usefull moves

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    Teh weezer, I see too many maggies nowadays, so skarm doesn't cut it anymore, and I've never liked forry (sowy umby).

M£A†¥

Banned
    Years
    Sorry but I don't like Forrestres

Not to be mean or anything but I hate Forrestres sine 2001, because I don't like how the pokemon looks. I was going to vote for Weezing but I discided to vote for...................... Skarmory because thats the only pokemon on here I like.

Back