• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pikachu with Volt Tackle

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
Years
  • I know that many threads already talk about rumors and stuff but... Really ?!
    IS THERE a kind of Pikachu obtainable from PBR with Volt Tackle ??

If so... is it some kind of unlockable or it's more a code thing like Magmotar and Electivire ?

Please someone confirm this... And I'm really sorry if it already appear somewhere on the forum...

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • It is an unlockable Pikachu that will be available for free in the Mystery Gift shop after beating the game the first time.

It is a female Pikachu of a Hardy nature, and it knows Volt Tackle and Surf. It even comes with the Light Ball hold item.

Le_Avatar

Years
  • Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking about, the breeding purpose of it :)

Did you guys know if we can unlock more Pokes than Mag, Elek and Pika ? Or the rest is really just items ?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Yeah, the only Pokes you can obtain from PBR are Pikachu, Vire, and Mortar.

On a side note, Volt Tackle is breedable to Pikachu/Pichu, so long as you have one of the parents (either one) hold the Light Ball.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Not that Pikachu should be using physical moves anyways, with its terrible offenses. Even its Special Attack is abysmal. Why do you think they gave it the Light Ball? So it would be MODERATELY useful in competition. MODERATELY.

Le_Avatar

Years
  • And another thing about it that I need to be confirmed...
    Is Volt Tackle a Pichu/Pikachu exclusive move ?!
    Or I'll be able to breed a Mareep with VT move ?

Pkmn Trainer Alex

K i n g // of Knights
    Years
  • Sorry, only Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu are capable of having Volt Tackle. The move itself is mainly just a sign of favortism for the mascot of the franchise, and its loyal followers. x_x

Le_Avatar

Years
  • Favoritism you say...
    I don't even know why this kind of yellow rodent is so popular but... anyway !!!

So shameful that this move is rat-exclusive... :)

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
  • Erm, WTF?!

anyway, yeah you can, very good for breeding purposes as well, but i don't think that the offspring will learn surf, so when you get it, you had better ev train it

Ew. You know Hardy Nature has no effect at all on stats, right? I'd rather have a Modest or Timid Nature than Hardy. Besides, even a Surfing Pikachu with a Light Ball isn't all that great.

As for how many you can get, I assume it's just like Magmortar and Electivire: One per Pokémon DS Game Card, but it stays in the shop forever.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I can confirm that, Me and my brother each won a Surfing Pikachu on the Same PBR game, so...Yeah

As long as you have a new game File, you can get it over and over again

Back