• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pikadex (a working project)

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Just something a was working on for a couple of days. So far, I've only got 1-30 but like a said, working project, so please behold the first thirty pokemon in the pokedex Pika-fied.

P.S. I'm sorry Nidorina looks so ugly

[Update] So, I've decided that not only will this be my thread for obviously the Pikadex, but I will also slap in some of my other works of recolours and some splices.

These are the negetive birds. I made 2 Moltres because I really couldn't decide which was better.

Last edited:

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
    looks nice, but try to save it in PNG-files. so there isn't going to be a loss of quality.

BTW, look at the head of Nidorina, it looks like a anvil dropped on it, it's to flat

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    They look very nice, but the tails of Ekans and Arbok look weird in my point of view. :\

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    that could give dodrio a run for it's money! anyhow... your pikafusions are either great or terrible...

I LOVE Pikakuna, so simple but so well done and flowing... pikasquirt is great too! Pikadrill and pikashrew are nice... good quality.

BUT...
    Yikes! Pikarina...pikacate....pikans...pikamelion...pikastoise...>shiver<...good thing they're works in progress! They just seem to have bad color combos, or are mishaped... they need some love.

Keep up the great work! Revamps look great!

iEdster

iPwn
    Years
    The pikadex doesn't look good.
    Take your time making the sprite.
    For example, For the arbok one, you just stuck the tail.
    Did you see the brow in it?
    Well it doesn't look good. Heck, pikachu's tail doesn't fit at all.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Please, oh please save as .png! .bmp/.jpg/whatever else makes it look terrible, it completly ruins the quality D=

You need a lot of practice to be honest :/

Charmeleon and Charizard have misplaced ears, same goes for Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, the Pidgey and Spearow line, Raticate, Raichu and Ekans and Arbok.
    Wartortle's(sp?) tail is awfully misplaced Also.. you cut off Sandshew's butt :l
    ...Don't get me started on the Nidorina. Even you think it looks terrible so why didn't you just fix it?
    Oh and the Fearow is just a recolored Pokémon, it's not a fusion.

You shouldn't just stick the ears and the tail on a Pokémon and recolor it. No.
    If you don't want to make your sprites look crappy you have to scratch some of the parts yourself.

The recolored birds are okay, I guess. But recolors aren't something hard to do anyway.

Now to the revamps...
    Well actually they aren't revamps, they're recolors!
    You recolored the sprites, not revamped.

When you do revamps you have to change the shading so it looks like it's from the 4th gen. You didn't change the shading at all. Also, the outline is completly black.

Take a look at one of the 4th gen's sprites;
    I'm taking Shinx for no apparent reason

See the outline color? It's not black, you have to recolor the outlines as well. A lot of Black = baaad
    But don't make the whole outline wih the same color. Sorry, but I can't explain the outline coloring very well because I'm not so good at it either.

Well, good luck at getting better, I hope the critics helped a bit.

Last edited:
    Back