• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pirates of Nova

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
  • Welcome to my sprite thread. In the case you suffer from extreme eye burns due to recolors and fusions that:

A. Took no effort and still look bad

or

B. Ugly fusions that don't match

This is the place for you.

(Warning, tPoN is not for everyone. If your are a flamer, troller, or general idiot, you may want to contact your local moderator before posting.)

Sprites:

The Pirates of Nova

The Pirates of Nova

The Pirates of Nova

The Pirates of Nova

Enjoy. Please note that tPoN is updated regularly. Hopefully.

Years
  • tPoN likely refers to the thread, since the title is The Pirates of Nova. :pirate:

Anyway, your sprites are pretty good so far. The pirate trainer looks good. It has good shading, nice palette choice, and good shape. For the second one, I can't really tell if it is just the head for a Fakemon or if it is the entire thing. For the second Fakemon, it looks good. Proportions are correct, shading is good, palette could use a little work (by work, I mean it should be a little more dull). The only thing is that part of its left ear was chopped off. Now, your region map is excellent. It has a great amount of detail, and models a small island nation well.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Whew, thanks for the post Don, I was worried about whether or not I would ever get one.

So, the first trainer was a minor edit and a recolor. It was my first sprite in a while, took me back in to spriting for a while. The second sprite was after my most recent hiatus, and is the whole thing. It's kind of a random scary thing I did for practice and fun. My last sprite is the most recent, and an obvious edit of Shinx. All the shading is custom, I totally unshaded the sprite and redid it. I'm trying to figure out the D/P color scheme, because of the more dull tones it uses than the Advance Generation.

My maps are some my pride and joy, mostly. If I had to choose my favorite kind of Pixel Art I can make, it would be maps. I try to do bigger maps, but the last time I did I didn't save and my work was deleted. I also want to pick up tilesets but the same thing with no save happened.

As of right now, my Windows (Paint! Nuu!) has been unplugged, so I can't sprite AS WELL. I have Photoshop on my mac, but that was never built for spriting.

Back