• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon you though would never be in your team...

ジャスミン

Steel Type Leader
Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Venomoth in Fire Red. I was surprised at how good it was and it helped tons against the E4.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • When I got Pokemon Black and White, I promised myself that I would never use a Watchog, I ended up using one in Black, she is still on my team as of this post.....

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I never thought I would Magcargo or Aggron in a in-game team. Both of them were personal favorables in my Emerald and Heartgold runs.

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    There sure are quite a few Pokemon I thought I'd never put into my teams rotation.

Scyther is a for sure. I always wanted one, but they were so hard to catch, until I just caught him one day, first Safari Ball.
    Victreebel on my most recent LG team- I've only ever raised one before, and I never thought I'd raise one again, but I decided to.
    Dodrio is another, raising one right now in FireRed.
    The Geodude line is one I certainly never expected to raise, but they sure can do some damage.
    Pelipper, Roselia, Exploud, Altaria, Aggron, Ludicolo, Delcatty, quite a few from Generation III that I ended up raising when I initially had no interest in raising them.

There's so many more Pokemon I thought I wouldn't raise in my 10+ years of playing the games, but so hard to remember all of them, haha. A few I have yet to raise are Muk, Weezing, Jynx and Pinser, but I'll get around to it eventually.

Sul_Zala

Collector of tales
    Years
  • Butterfree and Sandslash from a FR-playthrough. I had been away from Pokemon for some time and only recently restarted with Diamond and I never got around to actually beat Lt. Surge on my Red version, so I didn't really have any idea how to build up my team, so I went with what I got. And those two maimed quite a bit of the other trainers :D
    From SoulSilver, I guess I'd never thought I'd have a Vulpix in my team. Granted, she's a Ninetales now, and it took me a bit to get one that hadn't forgotten Ember already, but she's so much more awesome than Rapidash.
    BW: Larvesta/not-yet-Volcarona. I revamped my team before the E4 and currently training some Pokemons I left behind in favour of others, but she's back on the team.

rippedupmemories

Team Cool Kids
    Years
  • I gotta say Furret and Bayleef, lol. I say a few walkthroughs, SuperSkarmory (person on youtube♥ he's an awesome....walkthrougher?) I saw his Furret and said "Why the heck would he use that?" I cought a sentret and....fell in love with it. Bayleef? Randomly chose a starter, and again, fell in love with it. I usally hated Chikorita!!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I always wanted Dragonite in the Kanto games and Salamence in the Hoenn games, but I couldn't get them in because they were so damn hard to train, Flygon and Gyarados are just as good right?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I never used to like Pidgey, but I decided to use it when I restarted Red recently just cause I thought Pidgeot looked cool. Turns out it's actually pretty awesome. :) And soooo helpful when battling Erica, cause I didn't have a fire type.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • One of the weirdest pokemon in my opinion was parasect.
    I thought it was so stupid. Then just recently i did a bug mono type run on fire red and spore + body slam is a deasdly xcombo and shroom was my mvp of that challenge.
    Also lopunny, needed a 6th member so i used it in my diamond, never looked back

Back