• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokecompetition! PG: 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
    Years
    Pffft.

Am I accepted yet? I officially finished my SU last night, the remaining categories I hadn't completed. I should've posted something else saying I did, but that's my bad so.. If you have any complaints, do tell. =D

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    I'm ready for the Roleplay! *It sure is a long trip to the Island* Hey, is there any items available here, like hold items or berries? Thanks... P.S. :)

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Umbreongirl: Accepted with Squirtle! Wonderful SU!

pokerus34: You will be finding plenty of items on the island and berries will be everywhere:)

CTFx

The End has Finally Begun
    Years
    Call me paranoid:

We only have about 2 spots left for non-starters, and 10 more people to go. I really don't think that we are going to get 8 people with really good sign-ups. It's rare to see people put up a good sign up; therefor, we have a bit of a problem coming up. There are going to be only starters left, so there are two ways of going at this:

1. Add more non-starters
    2. Make starters available to anyone (which I think is unfair toward the people who actually tried harder to get the starters)
    Of course, there are probably more then those ideas, but those are the two easiest ways to go at it.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Or, the people with non-starters and good sign-ups could switch to a starter, right? Though I really don't want to do that. .__. I don't like starters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Add more non-starters,just simpler that way.Besides,your the one who said you wanted the starters to go to people with great SU's

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
    CTFx: Yeah...I saw that problem coming up. I was hoping to see the starters leave the quickest:\

Neiko Star: Nobody will be switching

jccoginsa: I know I said that...I'm thinking about adding more non-starters too.

Umbreongirl: Not yet because I've been really busy lately and haven't gotten the time to submit one yet:\

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    Signup!

I want to join! My very first signup.

Name: Aaron Wight
    Appearence:
    Aaron is a guy which seems a little average. His height is nothing special, 4'11. His build is not particularly powerful, but he is no stickman either. His hair is hazel-brown and slightly curly, and generally unkempt because Aaron likes it that way. His face is thin but colorful (as in the opposite of pale), with a long thin nose which makes his grey but sparkly eyes a little sunken. he has pretty small lips that mostly are curled up in a... business-like smile, but not on purpose, mind you. His hands have long fingers that looks pretty brittle, and his feet are a little bigger that one would expect. He gives off an air that is something between upbeatness and seriousness.

As for his clothing, Aaron is a person which tends to grow attached to the clothes he wear, so his wardrobe is not exactly the most varied on earth. He prefers comfortable blazer ranging from blue to purple in color, and always wears white shirts under them. He has a pair of white gloves with him for no reason, he's just grown attached to them and may get sudden urges to wear them, he's weird that way. He often wears black trousers with a pair of well-kept brown shoes and blue socks on his feet. He has rectangular spectacles with colorless lining, and he almost always wear a tan hat that he loves above all his clothing. In rough weather he sports a long, brown coat.

Personality: Aaron is very serious when he sets himself a goal. He will pursue it to almost all ends, and he simply cannot bear someone outdoing him in something he has struggled with for weeks. This may push him to employ dirty tricks sometimes, but he is always very uncomfortable and guilty after he has done such things. He may be driven to envy when someone is good at something Aaron wants to be good at, which may cause him to behave badly to kind persons he likes in every other way. Aaron is a bit of a perfectionist and tends to get all hanged up in details. He also tends to get weird ideas of what he wants to do, and will pursue these like any other goal. He is scared of failing. Nevertheless, the results of his projects usually turn up good.

Aaron likes life and is generally happy, but wears his emotions loosely. He is hard-working and eager to make friends. He may be a bit aloof when he succeeds at something, but that quickly wears off. He has a keen eye for happenings and events, which helps him in his part-time job. He also is kind of lucky in some ways; he is a dab hand on finding coins on the ground and often escapes minor accidents with few scratches. He is a bit unlucky in other ways, or should we say: fumbling. His hands lack coordination and he is regarded as clumsy by his friends. Not the one you'd ask to move your precious vase. Aaron likes Ghost Pokemon for their mystic secrets, and he has studied them diligently, which may have moved his focus from other subjects and made him a bit lacking in general lore. But he makes it up with trustworthiness and loyalty to his friends.

History:
    Born and raised in Twinleaf Town, Aaron enjoyed a normal childhood with rich parents which taught him the value of hard work and diligence. His school years went pretty well, although his grades slipped in many subjects because of his obsession with Ghost-Pokemon. His dream was to go to Ecruteak City in Jotho to meet his idol, Morty, but his parents told him to be content with his home. Aaron eventually started to feel bored, so his parents got him a part-time job at the local paper. Here he discovered his nose for news, and he was quickly made a field journalist. He wrote good and informativ articles, and got himself a nice sum of money which he saved in the bank on advice from the parents, but not before buying some Pokeballs. You never know what you run into.

Still, he had his problems. He was hopelessly in love with a girl at school, but he was to shy to tell her.Besides, she had a boyfriend already, a good-hearted guy which was one of Aaron's best friends. But Aaron grew a strong envy towards him, forgetting all the happy memories they had together. One night he saw them kissing and fled out of the town to be alone with his feelings for a while. As he sat under a tree, seething, he suddenly felt his envy lessen and go away. Amazed, he turned around to face a Shuppet. Quickly he whipped out a Pokeball to catch this Ghost-Type, but it turned and glided a way. Aaron would not give up, however, but after a long hunt he had to give up. As he walked towards the town again, his envy returned, and with i... the Shuppet. This time the Pokeball struck home, and Aaron got himself his very first Pokemon. He named it Randall because it resembled him of a handdoll.

Since then, he has played and trained with Randall, his new friend. He has even taken the step into competitive battling, where his knowledge about Ghost-Types finally has rewarded him. And now he has been accepted into the competition! Aaron is sure he'll learn a lot...

Pokemon: Gastly

RP Sample: Aaron sat under the large oak in the woods, busy writing on his new article. This one was going to be a real good one, he felt. It was definitely a relevant theme and it suited him just perfectly. His pen raced over the notebook as he began to add his finishing touches. Ingrid Tower, his rival at the paper, had got her hands on some good news as well, and her writing skills was nothing to be mocked. If Aaron did not do his best on this article, he could end up second to her. Unbearable. He had to do his very best, he thought as he stroked the Pokèball in his pocket. He wished he could have called Randall out, be he needed all the concentration and silence he could get. His parents had a party at home, so he could not work in his room. Still, he didn't feel quite well in the woods either right now. It was late autumn and a little chilly. He pulled his coat tighter around him before bowing over the notebook once again....

A rustle in the leaves. Someone was coming. Aaron sighed. They couldn't have chosen a worse time, really. It was probably Dean, one of his better friends. Aaron looked up with an irritated look. "Honestly, Dean, I told you..." It wasn't Dean. It was a young, tough girl dressed in a moss-green skirt, a red blazer and a confident face. She smiled and said with a voice that reeked with self-confidence "Are you Aaron Wight?" Aaron was a bit taken aback with the fact that the stranger knew his name. he nodded and said "Indeed, that is me. I am a little busy now, so..." The girl cut him off. "I'm Ina, an up-and-coming trainer. I want a respectable amount of victories under my belt before I challenge my next gym. Got it?" Aaron was beginning to fell a little irritated. Not only did she rudely interrupt him, but she also wanted a battle when she could see that he was busy. "Why me?" he asked flatly. "There is plenty of other trainers about who are more ready to battle than I". The girl smirked. "They said you'd be a pushover, that you only had one Pokèmon. You must have missed something, eh? Isn't the point of being a trainer to have a team?" Aaron was shocked at these insults, and his cheeks reddened. He couldn't simply refuse to battle now, could he? On the other hand, it would take precious time from the article... it was time to find out what kind of pride was most important to him. A look at the girl's smirking face helped him make his decision. "Ok then" he hissed. "I'll prove your sources wrong!"

She led him to a clearing riddled with rocks, and they took their places on the far ends. "Five minutes time limit, one Pokèmon each?" Aaron asked in a business-like tone, though his face was scarlet. "Fine with me" the girl smiled "A short, tough battle then. Just my style! Einstein, take the field!" she cried. The ball soared through the air and released a tough-looking Geodude". "Ok then, " Aaron said, "Randall, get ready to rumble!" He could feel his anger lighten a little as the Shuppet got energy from it. The girl smirked again. "They said you had a Shuppet. All right. Let's use Rock Throw, Einstein!" The rocks streaked through the air and took Aaron completely by surprise. The clean hit sent Randall flying backwards, and Aaron let slip a cry. Then he bit his lips together and called "Use Night Shade, Randall!" The ghost straightened up and fired a red beam towards Geodude. The girl, however, did not care. "Dodge and use another Rock Throw!" she cried, and the Geodude rolled to the side with an amazing speed before sending a new volley of rocks flying. "Duck, Randall, and show him your Spite!" Aaron called. Randall dived forwards and evaded the rocks. Aaron almost shared the spite as it's eyes glowed blue and Geodude winced in discomfort from the attack. The girl's face twitched in annoyance, and Aaron seized the moent by commanding a Will O`Wisp attack. Randalls eyes glowed blue again as orbs of blue fire was fired towards Geodude. "Block it with Mud Sport!" the girl called, and the Geodude whipped up a cloud of mud which blocked the trails of ghostly fire. "Now Magnitude him out!". Shuppet was almost knocked senseless by the shockwaves, the girl had been lucky with the attack. But he still hung on, to Aaron's relief. He was beginning to get stressed. As he opened his mouth, the girl called another order. "Defense Curl", she said one second before Aaron's cry of "Shadow Sneak, Randall!" The sahow attack struck home, but failed to harm the curled up Geodude. Aaron was amazed at the girl's skills, and he could see that her confidence just grew. "Lets finish him off! Rock Throw, Einstein!" she cried with a voice of triumph". But the Geodude seemed to hesitate; she had forgotten the Spite attack. Aaron smiled. "Shadow Sneak!" he called. Randall charged towards the rock Pokèmon, coated in blackness. "You are tougher than him! Tackle!" the girl called, and Einstein charged to meet Randall. To late the girl understood her mistake. The brunt of Einstein's Tackle was voided by the Shuppet's immunity, but the Geodude took the full force of Shadow Sneak. It slammed into the ground, it's eyes spirals.

The girl screamed and rushed to her senseless Pokèmon. Aaron runned forward and hugged Randall. "You were just fantastic. We did it! Now take a good rest", he said and recalled it. The girl recalled Einstein as well and looked reluctantly at the grinning Aaron. "I guess you were better than I thought" she said curtly before striding off without another word. Aaron chuckled and returned to his sitting place under he tree. He could still make a good article...

Last edited:

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
    Ok, I've done the RP sample. Am I counted in now, and can I have the Gastly? :-p

Last edited:

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
    Years
    <3

I usually don't volunteer this because it's well, awkward, but i'd be more than happy to fill another spot since no one else has signed up. 22 seems a ridiculous amount of people to wait on. ._.;

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    sure, why not? :D

Name: Mario Jerez

Appearance: Mario is of half-Hispanic, half-Caucasian decent, and is very proud of his 'golden' heritage. He is somewhat tall when compared to his friend, standing at 180cm (approx. 5'11"), and is of big complexion. He is pretty chubby and somewhat strong since he doesn't exercise, but is amazingly fast at running when need heeds (he's had to run at least three times from his neighbors' dogs before). His fists are roughly the same size as a smaller person's face and therefore, a lot of people would rather avoid any trouble with him.

Unlike his massive and commanding body, Mario has a very childish and innocent face. His eyes are small and squinty, which makes it hard for people to notice his yellowish-gray eyes. His cheeks are fat, and he has a small double-chin, and small fatty ears. He has dark brown hair, and a small goatee. His attire tends to consist of baggy jeans, one of the several pairs of Nike Dukes he owns, a pre-framed baseball caps, and a XXL jersey. He also has a thick, silver cross chain around his neck and a bandana around his left wrist to help his intimidating presence.

Personality: Mario could be described somewhat as a "gentle giant". He is incredibly lax and carefree, and very gentle especially to young children, who he tends to protect if they're in trouble with grown-ups. In his high school, he is the oldest in the sophomore class, having been both born on October, and failing 7th grade, therefore he is target of a lot of jokes and pranks from the more popular groups in school. He is very forgiving though, and holds no spite towards his younger classmates.

Mario is probably too timid for his own good and very quiet. This allowed him to become very thoughtful and aware of other's feelings. He has almost a sixth sense when it comes to seeing through other's lies, and emotions, and can truly connect easily with those around him. He believes in karma, but believes even more in pacifism, and compromising. He likes to read philosophical books and sayings such as the fables, and proverbs, and is very open and willing to talk to others, and help them with their problems (like a guru panda).

History: Being brought up in the ghetto of Goldenrod City will harden anyone's heart, but incredibly one guy has managed to avoid losing himself to the violence and the tough situation around him. His parents, who were originally from Pyrite Town in Orre, met each other on a ferry when they illegally immigrated into the heart of Johto, Goldenrod. But making a living proved to be harder than they expected due to the discrimination immigrants get when they finally reach their destination. His father has had many jobs, initially, working on the land of route 35, but now more focused into the construction and expansion of the railroad system. His mother worked nightshifts doing laundry in a hotel, and took care of the children at daytime.

Mario has four brothers, of which only one of them is older than him. Even so, he along with his youngest brother Emilio (who's in fifth grade) are the only ones still in school, while their brothers work with their dad. Mario does work in the afternoons as maintenance of Whitney's Gym, and his littlest brother hands out newspapers on a bike that he received from the owner of Goldenrod Bikes, a popular chain in Johto. Even though his family has very low recourses, they are all very close-knit together, and believe that hard work will reward them sooner or later. Mario signed up for the PokéCompetition under the impression that there would be prize money to whoever wins.

His biggest desire is to help his family rise to a higher standard of living before making himself a family.

Pokemon: I'll take Cyndaquil (if not then Shinx) if you'd be so kind :D

RP sample: From Kawaii, Inc.'s The PokéBoard: For the Protection of Johto Click here to view.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    Name: Jasmine Selene Taylor

Appearence: Jasmine is a tall girl standing about 5'11. She has hair that is a mix between brown and blond that occurs naturally that falls about to her waist when it is loose which is unusual because it is usually seen pulled back into a ponytail. She has bright blue eyes and under some circumstances can be seen wearing glasses though she usually ops for contacts instead always making sure to carry one or the other as a backup in case something happens. She isn't very muscular in her arms, less so than most girls but what she lack in her arms she makes up in her legs which are extremely strong. She is also speedier than most girls having won a couple of race medals in the time she has found to spare from studying.

She normally can be seen wearing some alteration of t-shirt and jeans/pants. The most common outfit that she wears is a black shirt with a picture of several Dragonites flying on the front of it and the words 'Let the Dragons take flight!' on the back with a pair of plain back pants and black running shoes.

Personality: A bright girl she has always preferred books to muscles which explains the lack of competing in track despite her talent. She is quiet for the most part preferring to just watch and take everything in. Which can come in handy because sometimes she will pick up on things that others will not and yet other times she might miss an obvious point by over thinking something. She has no problem speaking her mind though getting a person to realize what she is saying can be another thing all together. She is fairly calm but if her buttons are pushed enough she will get mad especially when it comes to her few friends, and when she does she is force that you do not want to mess with. She can't stand those who look down on others just based on appearences. She is also an extremely curious person wanting to know more about the world herself.

History: Jasmine is a native of Blackthorn City having grown up their for the first twelve years of her life while her father was doing research on the Dragon-type Pokemon who inhabit the area. Always curious as a child she found herself constantly getting in places she wasn't supposed to be which ended up with someone having to get her out of trouble. When she was 12 her family moved away from Blackthorn City because of her father's job as a researcher. She has been living in Goldenrod City ever since.

Pokemon: Bulbasaur

RP Sample: (this is from an old RP I was in, if you want a different example just let me know)

Dana listened to the conversation going on between Sophie and Violet on the other side of her as she began to put some food on her plate. Listening allowed her to confirm some thing she had all ready though. Her roommate was indeed an Espeon hybrid and Violet was a Roserade hybrid. She listened to Violet tell Sophie about her nails and curiously glanced over out of the corner out of her eyes. When she saw them she couldn't help but think, 'Wish my nails were like that.' She glanced down briefly at her own unnaturally sharp nails before returning her attention to the two girls. Watching as the two exchanged some plates of food between the two. She also noticed that Violet was going out of her way to avoid contact with the ham. 'Well she is a Roserade hybrid, it would make sense that she would be a vegetarian.'

Dana squeaked slightly when Violet turned and chose to address her. She stared at the bowl of gree beans that Violet was holding out before deciding to take them. After plopping some down on her plate and passing it down to the boy on the other side of her, Wes she thought him say his name was, before turning her attention back to Violet. Working up some courage she said, "Thank you. Violet right? I'm Dana and um yeah I do like dragons. Fitting seeing as I am a Dragonite hybrid."

She sheepishly scratched the back of her head wincing slightly when she felt one of her nails scratch her a bit too deep. In a rare moment for her she spoke again this time speaking her opinion, "I like your nails. At least they look natural. My nails are another story." She held up her other free hand to show Violet her unnaturally pointy nails as an explanation for what she meant.

Just as she put her hand up to show Violet she then put her hand back down looking at the food on the table. Looking for something to offer Violet that wouldn't possibly offend the girl. She then spyied a plate of what looked to besome sweet potatoes, seemed harmless enough. She picked it up serving herself before holding it out to Violet and asking, "Do you want some?"

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back